Will I get a DSR strike? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-08-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Will I get a DSR strike?

I had a buyer open a return for something they bought because they accidentally bought the wrong size. They acknowledged it was their error. haven't seen a DSR strike yet but I'm sure I'll get one right? Anyway to fight it or just leave it and move on if I do get one.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-08-2015
dbhana121

Longevity: 0%
Default Re: Will I get a DSR strike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjmcnich View Post
I had a buyer open a return for something they bought because they accidentally bought the wrong size. They acknowledged it was their error. haven't seen a DSR strike yet but I'm sure I'll get one right? Anyway to fight it or just leave it and move on if I do get one.
If its your first, its nothing big, just get your DSR's back to normal the next month. Also its helpful to put a little note in your package sayinf if you wanna return.. Blahblah... some people do read them.
Old 06-08-2015

Longevity: 73%

Yes, you will get a strike, and no, you can't fight it. Just part of doing business on EB. Notes are good.

Otherwise, just move on and forget it.
Old 06-08-2015
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjmcnich View Post
I had a buyer open a return for something they bought because they accidentally bought the wrong size. They acknowledged it was their error. haven't seen a DSR strike yet but I'm sure I'll get one right?
It depends on how they opened the Request..

If they put: Return reason: It's the wrong size or doesn't fit then you won't get a defect (strike)

Likely if they put anything else, then eBay will assign you a defect.

But in your case, and you're willing to call and can show proof that they admitted it was their error, then eBay will remove the defect.
Old 06-09-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGMT² View Post
It depends on how they opened the Request..

If they put: Return reason: It's the wrong size or doesn't fit then you won't get a defect (strike)

Likely if they put anything else, then eBay will assign you a defect.

But in your case, and you're willing to call and can show proof that they admitted it was their error, then eBay will remove the defect.
Thats how the opened the request If they put: Return reason: It's the wrong size or doesn't fit then you won't get a defect (strike)

still no strike we'll see. It doesn't effect me too much if it does but by jJune 20th I'll be TRS but if someone opens another claim i'll be on the border line.
Old 06-10-2015

Longevity: 73%

Strikes are retroactive to the date of sale after the case is finally closed.

Dragging it out as long as possible is sometimes the best bet. It can literally take months for the strike to show up under certain circumstances, so sometimes people don't realize they even got a strike.

I've always gotten a strike for "it's the wrong size or doesn't fit".

Think about it this way: wrong size = YOU did something WRONG. The buyer is NEVER wrong. By definition there are no cases for doing something RIGHT.

The only times I haven't gotten a strike is when a case eventually closes out because the buyer never took any further action.
Old 06-12-2015

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
Strikes are retroactive to the date of sale after the case is finally closed.

Dragging it out as long as possible is sometimes the best bet. It can literally take months for the strike to show up under certain circumstances, so sometimes people don't realize they even got a strike.

I've always gotten a strike for "it's the wrong size or doesn't fit".

Think about it this way: wrong size = YOU did something WRONG. The buyer is NEVER wrong. By definition there are no cases for doing something RIGHT.

The only times I haven't gotten a strike is when a case eventually closes out because the buyer never took any further action.
Sorry but no, you've never gotten a strike for " it's the wrong size or doesn't fit". "

No offense intended, but you don't understand how the process works. There isn't even a section for that strike to go into. Go on your account and check what you actually got a strike for ( if you even did get a strike).
Old 06-12-2015

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallis View Post
Yes, you will get a strike, and no, you can't fight it. Just part of doing business on EB. Notes are good.

Otherwise, just move on and forget it.
As I already mentioned in the other post, he will not get a strike. And even more, he CAN fight a strike if he gets one. I've gotten half my strikes erased. Please stop spreading completely wrong information.