USPS Loss or Theft...No Scans / Updates to Tracking - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-15-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default USPS Loss or Theft...No Scans / Updates to Tracking

There is one post office in my city and I always take my packages there. Never had an issue...until recently. There is a drop box for prepaid packages inside...pull the handle down, stick the package in, lift the handle and it goes into the bin on the other side of the wall. I always triple check that my packages are not left inside, but actually make it to the other side...plus there is a door that closes when putting your packages in so that you cant take any packages from the other side. If you have ever seen this drop box at the post office, you know what I am taking about.

Anyways...I drop my packages in there, never had an issue. Post office always scans them at some point during the day when they clear their bin. Always says PICKED UP or ACCEPTED. Then between 6 and 7pm it always shows DEPARTED POST OFFICE. For several years, been like clockwork...it then went to a sort facility, got scanned as ARRIVED and DEPARTED from there. Recently things havent been so good. My packages arent always scanned as picked up or departed from the post office...in that case, it would show as ARRIVED AT XXXX FACILITY which is the sort facility. Sometimes it shows departed from there and other times it does not. That is "OK" I guess, at least it gets scanned in somewhere.

I have a few packages now that are missing. One shows no info whatsoever...never scanned at pick up, never scanned departed post office, never scanned as arriving or departing the sort facility....I dropped this package off in the morning on last Wednesday. I have dropped other packages off since then and they have been scanned and have moved through the system. I have another package that shows it was picked up at the post office but nothing further....never shows departed, doesnt show it arriving or departing sort facility, etc.

I package all my stuff really well, use stick on labels and tape over several areas on the label so I know for a fact the labels didnt get screwed up and come off. So for one package I have no proof I ever even dropped it off...tracking shows label created, thats all. The other package shows it was "picked up" at the post office so I could inquire about it but even then, USPS is horrible at ever calling you back when opening a case/investigation.

Any thoughts? Sorry for the long read.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-15-2015

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 53%
Default Re: USPS Loss or Theft...No Scans / Updates to Tracking

This happens to me all the time. Sometimes I'll get positive feedback from the buyer saying "thanks!! very fast shipping!!", but the tracking will still say it is at my local post office.
Old 06-15-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickh04 View Post
This happens to me all the time. Sometimes I'll get positive feedback from the buyer saying "thanks!! very fast shipping!!", but the tracking will still say it is at my local post office.
Hmmm, just odd that it doesn't get scanned at 2 (or more) different facilities, and one says picked up but nothing else. Not sure what to make of it.
Old 06-15-2015

Longevity: 55%

Go up to the desk and ask them about it. They'll be really embarrassed lol.

One time they found one of my packages under the little bucket that the packages drop into. Worth a shot to ask
Old 06-15-2015

I have this happen occasionally also. I had it happen last week no scans until it made it to California at the customers post office. With all the sorting facility closures this year things have been inconsistent. I have my packages going to a sort facility 2 hours away half the time instead of the one in my city.
Old 06-15-2015

Longevity: 70%

I am also having issues with a return package with no updates today
Old 06-15-2015

Longevity: 55%

I've noticed that if an item does not have enough postage, it will NOT be scanned when being returned to the sender.

Although they're having TONS of problems with losing packages, I had a first class package arrive from GA to CA in 2 days.
Old 06-15-2015

Longevity: 60%

Has there been extreme weather around you location, for some time every time there is a drizzle the post office goes nuts.
Old 06-15-2015
Threadstarter  

No, there are no weather issues or anything here...its odd because they used to be on top of their game and now all of a sudden everything is getting screwed up. I dont know if theres a new person in charge of scanning things at the local post office or if someone retired or what. Something definitely changed, and not for the better.