90 days later...no increase - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-16-2015

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 57%
Default 90 days later...no increase

I only got increase the second month from 10-20 items which i maxed.
Feedback is 100%.

What do you guys think?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-16-2015
just_smile

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Default Re: 90 days later...no increase

Keep selling, those increases will come naturally.

Cue the call for limit increases brigade
Old 06-16-2015
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%

Limits don't increase on a regular schedule. Luckily they already increased it by 100% once, hopefully you'll see another increase within the next few months.
Old 06-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dufus View Post
I only got increase the second month from 10-20 items which i maxed.
Feedback is 100%.

What do you guys think?
Use the search function.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...-schedule.html
Old 06-17-2015
Threadstarter  

Is calling different/easier for europeans?
Old 06-17-2015

Longevity: 54%

buy more accounts. i would say the max limit you want is about 5k anyways on 1 account.

more accounts is better in the long run anyways......
Old 06-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Is calling different/easier for europeans?
I know in the UK they have a chat option, which by all accounts I've read is supposedly easier. Can't say for the rest of Europe. I know in the USA, calling is a piece of cake.
Old 06-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I wouldn't call. Just keep selling, maxing out your limits and making sure you ship right away and make everyone happy and the limit increases WILL come. They may not come as fast as we'd like, but they WILL come.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
RoxJox (06-22-2015)
Old 06-17-2015

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
I wouldn't call. Just keep selling, maxing out your limits and making sure you ship right away and make everyone happy and the limit increases WILL come. They may not come as fast as we'd like, but they WILL come.
Really? Because I have an account with zero increase since I bought it 2 years ago. Lets go easy on the whole " WILL", what do you say?
Old 06-17-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarsky541 View Post
buy more accounts. i would say the max limit you want is about 5k anyways on 1 account.

more accounts is better in the long run anyways......
Why is max 5K on an account all a person would want exactly? I'd say a small amount of good high limit accounts, trumps having to run dozens of tiny accounts.
Old 06-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
Why is max 5K on an account all a person would want exactly? I'd say a small amount of good high limit accounts, trumps having to run dozens of tiny accounts.
Let me start by saying I'm a huge advocate for calling eBay.

Now that that's out of the way....

Jeff has personally experimented with limits of all types. He KNOWS what he's talking about. Jeff has discovered that 5k per month is a "glass ceiling" for eBay, and recently had an eBay account SHUT-DOWN for NO REASON. The only thing that he can think was wrong was he recently let sales go above 5k in a month.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...y-account.html

I agree with your sentiment---having a high limit account beats running a bunch of piddly 10 and 20 item per month accounts, BUT, having backups is a good idea AND going above 5k seems to cause account shutdowns. (See above thread).

I'll give you some free advice: You should watch the tone of your posts. Jeff is a VERY respected and wise member of this forum, and he will NOT steer you wrong. Your posts seem rather disrespectful, and it makes people less likely to assist you in the future...

My advice is to call eBay on your 20 item per month account following the guidance from the thread in my signature. Have two or three 4 1/2K per month accounts running, but I'd stay under 5k on ANY account.
Old 06-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Really? Because I have an account with zero increase since I bought it 2 years ago. Lets go easy on the whole " WILL", what do you say?
You are actually the first person I have heard of who is not getting ANY increases. Does this account have ANY problems associated with it? Because it is VERY UNUSUAL for limits to not increase, unless eBay feels uncomfortable with you for some reason.

I would call in on the account and ask for an increase at this point. I normally do not advise people to call eBay, but in this case it seems to be the only thing you CAN do, unless you are satisfied with the current limits.

If you decide to call in, use the phone that eBay has on file for you. If that is not possible, use the SPOOF CARD - or something similar, to get your phone number that eBay has on file to show up on their caller id. That goes a LONG WAY toward building trust with them. Just make sure to call their local number instead of their toll free numbers.
Old 06-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
You are actually the first person I have heard of who is not getting ANY increases. Does this account have ANY problems associated with it? Because it is VERY UNUSUAL for limits to not increase, unless eBay feels uncomfortable with you for some reason.
This is a fairly typical complaint around the forums. Not sure how you missed these Jeff!

Quote:
If you decide to call in, use the phone that eBay has on file for you. If that is not possible, use the SPOOF CARD - or something similar, to get your phone number that eBay has on file to show up on their caller id. That goes a LONG WAY toward building trust with them. Just make sure to call their local number instead of their toll free numbers
Where do you buy "Spoof Cards" and why call the local # instead of the toll free one? And where do you go to call the local #?
Old 06-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Agreed I had an account I sold my max every month for over a year with 100% feeds and go zero increases in dollars or items. It is random how eBay works. If you get one increase likely you will get more in the future. If you get zero chances are you are staying that way.
The Following User Says Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (06-18-2015)
Old 06-18-2015

Quote:

I would call in on the account and ask for an increase at this point. I normally do not advise people to call eBay, but in this case it seems to be the only thing you CAN do, unless you are satisfied with the current limits.

If you decide to call in, use the phone that eBay has on file for you. If that is not possible, use the SPOOF CARD - or something similar, to get your phone number that eBay has on file to show up on their caller id. That goes a LONG WAY toward building trust with them. Just make sure to call their local number instead of their toll free numbers.
I haven't been on this forum consistently enough, but I've seen some.
The account is squeeky clean. 100% feedback. Almost top rated. Need more sales. $5000 limit, which I max out a lot, and I average $1000-1500 a month. Tho some months I don't list much. But ebay always says that my accounts are on top as far as sell through rates.

I should have called a long time ago. Now that I'm thinking about calling, I"m worried. Because while I need a higher limit NOW, my main account got 75% of it's limit cut, so this other account is picking up the slack, and I can't afford to lose it.

Only thing I'm worried about is that they will ask me for invoices. I haven't called ebay for that account in 2 years. Never heard of an ebay local number tho?
Old 06-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I haven't been on this forum consistently enough, but I've seen some.
The account is squeeky clean. 100% feedback. Almost top rated. Need more sales.

Only thing I'm worried about is that they will ask me for invoices. I haven't called ebay for that account in 2 years.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: So long as your account is as CLEAN AS A WHISTLE (No VERO, no PHAKES, no bad buyer complaints, you pay your eBay fees, etc) you will have 0 issues calling and receiving an increase....check the guide located in my sig for more info.
Old 06-18-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again: So long as your account is as CLEAN AS A WHISTLE (No VERO, no PHAKES, no bad buyer complaints, you pay your eBay fees, etc) you will have 0 issues calling and receiving an increase....check the guide located in my sig for more info.
lol doesn't mean I'm still not worried! Not that I've ever had issues calling in....

Maybe you can give advice. I sell watches. I've given them no reason to ask for an invoice from me tho. But I do sell a good amount of money, that they might be worried about?
Old 06-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
lol doesn't mean I'm still not worried! Not that I've ever had issues calling in....

Maybe you can give advice. I sell watches. I've given them no reason to ask for an invoice from me tho. But I do sell a good amount of money, that they might be worried about?
What kind (brand) of watches? Are they phake? (I don't care, but eBay does). What is "a good amount of money"? Where do you buy them?
Old 06-18-2015
Threadstarter  

I would give calling a shot but i used my own(banned)name and address with variations.
Also used different town.
Old 06-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I would give calling a shot but i used my own(banned)name and address with variations.
Also used different town.
I can't give advice for European eBay....only USA. No idea whether or not Europe eBay is easy to call or not.
Old 06-18-2015
Threadstarter  

How long would the call last? 15 min?
Should i request 50 or 100 item limit?
Old 06-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
How long would the call last? 15 min?
Should i request 50 or 100 item limit?
Let me preface this by saying:

This has been my PERSONAL experience calling USA eBay.

Calls generally last about 2-5 minutes. Reps ask basic simple questions:

"What types of items are you selling?"
"Where do you get your inventory?"
"How do you ship?"

My calls sometimes last longer because I make small-talk with the rep (getting the conversation off-topic and getting them out of their script is the best and easiest way to get a limit increase with no fuss).

I have never requested a specific item limit. The reps always increase limits based on a certain percentage of your current limits. You don't get to decide what limits you get. BUT, if you're at 20 now, you can expect AT LEAST 50 for your first increase, IN THE USA. Again, no experience with eBay Europe. Proceed at your own risk.