Should I use Ebay to ship ? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-25-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Should I use Ebay to ship ?

Is it safe to use EBAY to ship since my stealth is a different zip than originating zip code?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-25-2015

Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg View Post
Is it safe to use EBAY to ship since my stealth is a different zip than originating zip code?
Ups doesn't matter.
If you are using USPS then sometimes they reject the packages at the front desk, but once they take your package it's all good. A work around to that is dropping your usps packages off at OfficeMax/office depo/ staples. Whoever in your area accepts usps packages.
Old 06-25-2015
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Should I use Ebay to ship ?

So if I ship thru the Ebay site they won't know it is from a different zip? My concern is that it will blow my cover.
Old 06-25-2015

Activity: 31%
Longevity: 58%

Its best not to have a middle man.

The more you add to the process the more room for error.

Old 06-25-2015

Longevity: 68%

Quote:
So if I ship thru the Ebay site they won't know it is from a different zip? My concern is that it will blow my cover.
Use the stealth address, as the ship from zip code. Don't change anything. Just pretend you are shipping from that zip code on eBay.
Old 06-25-2015

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Skype™ to ebayerOG

just be sure to disable the auto-return feature!!!
Old 06-25-2015
Threadstarter  

If I use the stealth zip as ship from address won't that be a problem when cost is calculated since I am actually shipping from a different state?
Old 06-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I use Endicia and ShipStation. Why? Because my post office will reject packages that have a different ZIP code as the return address. Also, should the mailing address prove problematic, I want the packages returned to me. And I do NOT want to put my actual address into eBay.

YES, what people have posted above WILL work, but I think you are asking for problems by dropping off packages at third party sites. It adds to the time shipping time and you can never be sure HOW the USPS will react. To me, it just is not worth it to save the few bucks for a shipping account. Keep in mind that if you decide to use something like Endicia, or Stamps.com, you only need ONE shipping account for ALL of your stealth accounts. You can take your packages directly to the post office, be in compliance with USPS rules, you will get packages back that cannot be delivered and have some peace of mind.

Just don't try to link all of your stealths to the one shipping account (they integrate with eBay and Amazon) because that could easily link them (this is not a problem with ShipStation, but it is more expensive).
Old 06-25-2015

Longevity: 82%

I'm at the post every day. They know me by name, every time I come up to counter I have a new story to tell. Keeps them busy, distracted and with a nice familiar friendly face my packages go through without a problem. After that relationship is built. I'm loading my packages on the truck itself while having a good convo with the driver.
Old 06-25-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
If I use the stealth zip as ship from address won't that be a problem when cost is calculated since I am actually shipping from a different state?
Certain postage is calculated by the zip code.

What I do is when I'm on the page before I click pay for postage, I click edit by my return address .

I keep everything the same on the return address m but when u click save he first time a smaller screen comes up and gives you the option to add a SHIP FROM ZIP CODE.

So I put my zip code or a zip code that is in my neighborhood and than hit save and close.

I been doing this for years with all my accounts, your return address will be printed out normally, your exact stealth address

But towards the top of the postage it will print out shipped from ( and whatever your zip is)

The reason I need this is because I use Priority Zone A boxes often and the postage is determined on where it is shipped from

I also ship priority, flat rate priority and first class, these three the zip does not matter, so other than the priority Zone A,B,and C boxes I'm not sure if any other affect cost of postage
Old 06-25-2015

Longevity: 82%

I would also recommended creating or buying a stealth account in your home state and using a third party shipping platform. This always worked for me. My packages does not have to ship from my exact zip code.