eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Avoiding trouble for canceling sale after buyer paid BIN (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/86943-avoiding-trouble-canceling-sale-after-buyer-paid-bin.html)

okay 06-25-2015 02:21 PM

Avoiding trouble for canceling sale after buyer paid BIN

I posted an item at BIN obo. The item was sold off eBay at the exact same time a buyer buys and makes the payment. Whoops. Without giving the buyer some made up excuse in order to avoid pissing the buyer off then leaving neg/nuteural fb for it. Thought about telling the truth, even..but then again it just as bad as any other usual excuse.

What IS the safest bet to handle this goof mistake I made

I know the first thing to do is let the buyer know before cancelling the order and, before issuing a refund since a mutual agreement is what I am aiming for. Wasn't intentional by me by any way.

Kristy 06-25-2015 02:46 PM

Re: Avoiding trouble for canceling sale after buyer paid BIN

Sometimes its best to take a loss so that your account can live to sell another day.

Thats the motto I live by.

Having a spotless account gives you an edge in a competitive niche.

dealagreeproceed 06-25-2015 02:51 PM

this happens from time to time. no reason to take a loss unlike what the last poster just said... Just make up a very very good excuse and refund him and be polite as possible and hope your not dealing with a crazy buyer!

okay 06-25-2015 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dealagreeproceed (Post 680558)
this happens from time to time. no reason to take a loss unlike what the last poster just said... Just make up a very very good excuse and refund him and be polite as possible and hope your not dealing with a crazy buyer!

That's the gist. Really no way avoiding anything...it is what it is I guess.

Fair enough I guess!
anyone's 'greatest excuse' to help me get off the hook pm me!! =)

okay 06-25-2015 03:12 PM

s Cancelling an already paid for transaction a defect for me? So do I understand is it better to ask the buyer to cancel first?

Bunneh 06-25-2015 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okay (Post 680562)
s Cancelling an already paid for transaction a defect for me? So do I understand is it better to ask the buyer to cancel first?

The only way to not get a defect is choosing ' buyer made a mistake or changed his mind ' option, But if the buyer reads that, it could be a negative waiting to happen.

The out of stock option will give you a defect.

Either way YOU have to send the cancellation request, not the buyer.

okay 06-25-2015 09:16 PM

Went well. Just depends on buyer experience with it. Tell the buyer to cancel it first - buyer learns/orders seller must cancel -> done.

likefrasers 06-26-2015 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okay (Post 680555)
I posted an item at BIN obo. The item was sold off eBay at the exact same time a buyer buys and makes the payment. Whoops. Without giving the buyer some made up excuse in order to avoid pissing the buyer off then leaving neg/nuteural fb for it. Thought about telling the truth, even..but then again it just as bad as any other usual excuse.

What IS the safest bet to handle this goof mistake I made

I know the first thing to do is let the buyer know before cancelling the order and, before issuing a refund since a mutual agreement is what I am aiming for. Wasn't intentional by me by any way.

It happens to me all the time. Usually I tell buyers that before I disptch it I find out a faulty on the items. I usually keep some real faulty item photo to send to them. And buyer usually are very happy that I tell them the issue, agree the full refund without any problem, and leave me a positive feedback.

rsot 06-26-2015 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okay (Post 680685)
Went well. Just depends on buyer experience with it. Tell the buyer to cancel it first - buyer learns/orders seller must cancel -> done.

He might decline - keep that in mind

jrandleww 06-29-2015 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likefrasers (Post 680732)
It happens to me all the time. Usually I tell buyers that before I disptch it I find out a faulty on the items. I usually keep some real faulty item photo to send to them. And buyer usually are very happy that I tell them the issue, agree the full refund without any problem, and leave me a positive feedback.

This is what I do and I offer a discount on a future order. I do cancel the order myself though and take the defect.