Raising Selling Limit - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-24-2015
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default Re: Raising Selling Limit

I am hoping to sell things out before the end of the month and get an increase for next month. However, I could be interested in purchasing another account if that does not occur.

A couple things I am wondering about:

1. How would my new account affect my current one? Could it potentially be a red flag if they discovered that I had two accounts on the same computer/IP address?

2. If one somehow got suspended, how would my other one be safe? Wouldn't there be a link?

3. Do accounts ever get selling limits lifted altogether?

I'm a little leery about leaving my comfort zone into territory I am unfamiliar with. With that being said, I need to consider enabling my business to grow...and if I become more knowledgeable of pulling off multiple accounts, it would be more secure.

Just something I am looking into at least for now.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by supdawg1985 View Post
I am hoping to sell things out before the end of the month and get an increase for next month. However, I could be interested in purchasing another account if that does not occur.

A couple things I am wondering about:

1. How would my new account affect my current one? Could it potentially be a red flag if they discovered that I had two accounts on the same computer/IP address?
Having 2 accounts isn't against eBay policy. But the two accounts would become linked, and if/when one account was suspended, the other would follow.

Quote:
2. If one somehow got suspended, how would my other one be safe? Wouldn't there be a link?
Both would be toast.

Quote:
3. Do accounts ever get selling limits lifted altogether?
Generally not. Some accounts START with "no limits" but it's VERY RARE to have no selling limits at all.

Quote:
I'm a little leery about leaving my comfort zone into territory I am unfamiliar with. With that being said, I need to consider enabling my business to grow...and if I become more knowledgeable of pulling off multiple accounts, it would be more secure.
Learn stealth.
Old 07-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
I'm almost always at the $4995 mark. I've had months where I've sold $2000 of the $5000. Ebay says that on average, the sell through rate for ebay sellers is about 10%. I"m almost at 40%.

After 3 years of waiting, I finally bit the bullet last week, and called in to request an increase. They gave me another $3700.
I believe it. Think of how many Anchor store sellers are on eBay, and the THOUSANDS of items they have....they aren't selling out of them. They aren't losing those sales. They have their inventory set higher than people will purchase. 90% of their "stock" isn't "sold" in eBay quantity. Pretty much common sense.

If you have 100 items to sell in a month and you sell them all, and you think that makes you a big player, you're thinking WAY to small. That's childs play.
Old 07-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I purchased an eBay Stealth account on this site like 5 months ago and have had decent success. I have gotten the limit up to 370 per month but have maxed that out with Probably 100 more things in my inventory just sitting around.

Although this is a stealth account, I have the appropriate information with my LLC to legitimize it. Apparently my address needs to be verified in order to get the upgrade in my limit. I don't want to do anything risky that might jeopardize my account, but I really need to increase this limit.

Should I just wait for an automatic increase? I have only gotten ONE since I started, and my ratings have been pretty much perfect from the day I started.
Very little risk in calling at all. If you have legitimate items, legitimate selling practices, and aren't selling phakes or VEROs, or having feedback issues, you will get an increase with no issue. You can wait for an auto increase, but there's no sure time-frame for how long you will wait. You CAN create more stealths to beat this, but 10 items a month won't get you very far. Up to you to decide how to proceed.
Old 07-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post

If you have 100 items to sell in a month and you sell them all, and you think that makes you a big player, you're thinking WAY to small. That's childs play.
What are we talking about now?
Stealth accounts? Multi million dollar ebay stores? Mega ebay stores?

What makes one a big player? Do you feel we are all playing the exact same game?
If one sells 100 items at a grand a piece and they make 50K net monthly are they a big or small player?
If one sells 1000 pieces on a 100 piece account and NETS 30K are they a big or small player?

If someone handles a multi million dollar account and NETS 20K and has dozens of employees are they a big or small player?

Just curious. We all have our own perspectives.
Old 07-25-2015

Longevity: 57%

The MONEY you make is what makes you a big player in my book, not the volume of sales. 100 sales, 1000 sales, 10k sales.....what difference does that make?? The $$$ is what makes someone "big" or "small" players in this.

One of these days knock on wood when ebay is done and this forum is no longer needed is it going to matter how many sales you were making? Nope. The "big players" will have made their money and will say "oh well its over" small players will say " omg what do i do now??"
Old 07-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

It's all about % profit and VOLUME.
Old 07-25-2015

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
You are such an idiot.

All this big talk from someone who can't even get a new stealth with more the minimal limits.
Old 07-25-2015

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
You do not operate stealths on the same user account or i.p.
Old 07-25-2015

Longevity: 97%

I've had my seller limits raised the past 2 months in a row that's why I haven't been around. You have to hit certain #'s, you can voulntararily give them a suppliers name given your doing it legit (like myself) and it could be considered a high risk item.

It's frusterating you have to be patient with them. They called me about promoted my listings has anyone done that on there!? They take enough already but I need to drive traffic to my store, I'll look for a thread on it I'm sure we have one or two here on that subject matter.
Old 07-25-2015
Threadstarter  

I definitely do not want to call. This account is still a stealth account to a good degree. The name it was registered under is not my own.

What I am wondering is : what exactly happens when you click the request higher selling limit link on the seller dashboard? Seems they want to verify your address but what is the process exactly?

Do they do some sort of public database match? Anything in regards to the stealth name cannot be verified. As stated earlier in the thread though, I DO have a new address that is clean, and simply verifying the address rather than the identity should be no problem.

Bottom line, if there is any risk involved in doing this, I think I should stay the course.
Old 07-25-2015

Activity: 29%

Quote:
I definitely do not want to call. This account is still a stealth account to a good degree. The name it was registered under is not my own.

What I am wondering is : what exactly happens when you click the request higher selling limit link on the seller dashboard? Seems they want to verify your address but what is the process exactly?

Do they do some sort of public database match? Anything in regards to the stealth name cannot be verified. As stated earlier in the thread though, I DO have a new address that is clean, and simply verifying the address rather than the identity should be no problem.

Bottom line, if there is any risk involved in doing this, I think I should stay the course.
Its database questions 99% of the time.

If you have an aged account sometimes it will only say "please call us to discuss your selling goals"...

Regardless of what ANYONE tells you there is always a risk in calling eBay. That being said it works for some and doesn't for others.

So to answer your question is there a element of risk? Yes.

Now that element of risk depends on alot of different things and is different for everybody. I can call in with no problems but I've done it before and know EVERYTHING they will say before I even ask...
The Following User Says Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
realdeals (07-26-2015)
Old 07-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeals View Post
You are such an idiot.

All this big talk from someone who can't even get a new stealth with more the minimal limits.
I haven't invested any time whatsoever into trying. I use GV on all my new accounts. I get my limit increases from 5 minute phone calls, where I KNOW I'll get them, and when, every month.

Keep bragging about how you can open 17 accounts and one will have 100 items per month....and meanwhile, that cost you how much? Good luck with that.
Old 07-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

They don't "verify the address". They verify your ID, i.e. stealth name, birthday to the address you have. This won't be possible. As stated earlier, if you act confident and give them a reason you're NOT in the database, you will get an increase no problem. ESPECIALLY on an established account. I get BRAND NEW accounts increased with NO ID and NO history without any issues. If you have a good selling history, it will be a piece of cake.

But do it, don't do it...I don't care. I'm not getting a commission on your phone call to eBay. If you're scared, don't do it. No one here cares whether you do or don't

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 07-26-2015 at 01:33 PM.
Old 07-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
What are we talking about now?
Stealth accounts? Multi million dollar ebay stores? Mega ebay stores?

What makes one a big player? Do you feel we are all playing the exact same game?
If one sells 100 items at a grand a piece and they make 50K net monthly are they a big or small player?
If one sells 1000 pieces on a 100 piece account and NETS 30K are they a big or small player?

If someone handles a multi million dollar account and NETS 20K and has dozens of employees are they a big or small player?

Just curious. We all have our own perspectives.
I know that NO ONE here is making 50k net on 100 items. How do I know? Their stealth account would be toast in a month. See exhibit A: Jeff Weicos $5000 a month GROSS account, shut-down without reason about a month ago. If you're going to throw out numbers, be realistic.

My point is this: Just because YOU sell "all" your limits every month, doesn't mean that you're a huge success and the majority who only sell 10% of their monthly stock are losers. That was where this subject was going and I'm putting things in perspective for those who are tooting their own horns.
Old 07-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I know that NO ONE here is making 50k net on 100 items. How do I know? Their stealth account would be toast in a month. See exhibit A: Jeff Weicos $5000 a month GROSS account, shut-down without reason about a month ago. If you're going to throw out numbers, be realistic.

My point is this: Just because YOU sell "all" your limits every month, doesn't mean that you're a huge success and the majority who only sell 10% of their monthly stock are losers. That was where this subject was going and I'm putting things in perspective for those who are tooting their own horns.
You are welcome to your own opinions and conclusions even when wrong.

I did not see anything remotely like bragging in this thread from anyone. You seem to always have an exceedingly negative perspective. Maybe your reality is not the same as others or maybe you just cant imagine members on this forum being successful. I don't know why you are that way.

Those numbers are very realistic for some members. Many screenshots of 50K+ a month sellers on this forum. Quite a few 100k+ have been shared.

Last edited by yankee; 07-25-2015 at 07:24 PM.
Old 07-25-2015

Longevity: 57%

Come on guys why is everyone always fighting in here now a days? I see all you guys like distant co-workers lol cant we all just get along? Lol
Old 07-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

We should all just go to you for your worthiness and all knowing self. All praise the mighty Sandy!
You are aware Sandy is a woman....right?
Old 07-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
You are aware Sandy is a woman....right?
Many of us do not think that you are a woman.
Old 07-25-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by two3aight1 View Post
Come on guys why is everyone always fighting in here now a days? I see all you guys like distant co-workers lol cant we all just get along? Lol
Because ghost brings his negativity to half the threads he posts on.

Then plays the victim. It's annyoying but oh well, responding satisfies him so I'm not going to anymore. I recommend this to everyone else too.

Old 07-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
Because ghost brings his negativity to half the threads he posts on.

Then plays the victim. It's annyoying but oh well, responding satisfies him so I'm not going to anymore.

I'm about to use the ignore function of the site.
Old 07-25-2015

Quote:
I'm about to use the ignore function of the site.
Really??

I was going to say it would be cool if there was a blocking feature. PM if this is possible. Lol