Raising Selling Limit - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-23-2015
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 194
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
iTrader: (0)
Default Raising Selling Limit

I purchased an eBay Stealth account on this site like 5 months ago and have had decent success. I have gotten the limit up to 370 per month but have maxed that out with Probably 100 more things in my inventory just sitting around.

Although this is a stealth account, I have the appropriate information with my LLC to legitimize it. Apparently my address needs to be verified in order to get the upgrade in my limit. I don't want to do anything risky that might jeopardize my account, but I really need to increase this limit.

Should I just wait for an automatic increase? I have only gotten ONE since I started, and my ratings have been pretty much perfect from the day I started.
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 07-23-2015
james13v's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,784
Thanks: 490
Thanked 344 Times in 267 Posts
Activity: 86%
Longevity: 72%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Raising Selling Limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by supdawg1985 View Post
I purchased an eBay Stealth account on this site like 5 months ago and have had decent success. I have gotten the limit up to 370 per month but have maxed that out with Probably 100 more things in my inventory just sitting around.

Although this is a stealth account, I have the appropriate information with my LLC to legitimize it. Apparently my address needs to be verified in order to get the upgrade in my limit. I don't want to do anything risky that might jeopardize my account, but I really need to increase this limit.

Should I just wait for an automatic increase? I have only gotten ONE since I started, and my ratings have been pretty much perfect from the day I started.
if your address needs to be verified, then why don't you get an address to verify? It's pretty cheap, especially if you have 470 listings per month.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-23-2015
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 194
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Raising Selling Limit

I've never had to request for a selling limit increase in this fashion before so I don't want to mess up. Way too much is on the line here.

I moved into a new place a couple months ago. The address has never been used on any Ebay account in the past, so it is fresh. I am wondering if it would be a good idea to change the stealth information on the account to my current REAL address. The stealth name would stay the same, so I am not sure if they do a public records check. If so, that might be a problem, especially since it would mismatch the address.

Anyway, if I get it updated with no issues, I should be able to verify the address.

Just wanted to know whether or not Ebay is strict about accounts changing their address. I don't want to draw any attention because of suspicious activity.

I'm probably being paranoid, but safety first!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-23-2015
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 194
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Raising Selling Limit

If I don't do anything, is there any way of predicting when automatic limit increase occur?

I went from 100 to 370. But that was like in May. Why have they not boosted it up higher by now? Also, how high would the next limit likely go?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-23-2015
james13v's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,784
Thanks: 490
Thanked 344 Times in 267 Posts
Activity: 86%
Longevity: 72%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Raising Selling Limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by supdawg1985 View Post
If I don't do anything, is there any way of predicting when automatic limit increase occur?

I went from 100 to 370. But that was like in May. Why have they not boosted it up higher by now? Also, how high would the next limit likely go?
I've had 100/$5000 for 3 years... so, no.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-23-2015
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 194
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Raising Selling Limit

Did you ever max out your limit in a given month?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-23-2015
123's Avatar
123 123 is offline
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,077
Thanks: 388
Thanked 1,230 Times in 705 Posts
Activity: 40%
Longevity: 73%
iTrader: (631)
Default Re: Raising Selling Limit

I wouldn't recommend trying to get the increase through verifying your address not worth getting your account limited, much safer to let it happen naturally. Just keep maxing your limits and it'll happen.

Also you shouldn't put all your eggs in one account, then if it goes down your left with nothing. Should have another high limit account that you can sell on for two reasons

1) more selling limits with multiple accounts and can let two accounts increase at the same time so you can have two accounts with very high limits

2) if one goes down, your not completely out of it and will be easier to rebuild
__________________


Guaranteed FRESH IP Addresses for amazon, eBay, and PayPal - 24vc.com
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 123 For This Useful Post:
bjammin (07-26-2015), solefoodbk (07-24-2015), yankee (07-24-2015)
  #8  
Old 07-24-2015
james13v's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,784
Thanks: 490
Thanked 344 Times in 267 Posts
Activity: 86%
Longevity: 72%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Raising Selling Limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by supdawg1985 View Post
Did you ever max out your limit in a given month?
I'm almost always at the $4995 mark. I've had months where I've sold $2000 of the $5000. Ebay says that on average, the sell through rate for ebay sellers is about 10%. I"m almost at 40%.

After 3 years of waiting, I finally bit the bullet last week, and called in to request an increase. They gave me another $3700.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-24-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,749
Thanks: 330
Thanked 319 Times in 253 Posts
Activity: 24%
Longevity: 45%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Raising Selling Limit

For mediocre sellers its 10%

I thought this when I first started selling. Once I took it serious I've exceeded that number every month, easily.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-24-2015
james13v's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,784
Thanks: 490
Thanked 344 Times in 267 Posts
Activity: 86%
Longevity: 72%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Raising Selling Limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
For mediocre sellers its 10%

I thought this when I first started selling. Once I took it serious I've exceeded that number every month, easily.
10% would be the average.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-24-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,749
Thanks: 330
Thanked 319 Times in 253 Posts
Activity: 24%
Longevity: 45%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Raising Selling Limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
10% would be the average.
Really?? Who says?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-24-2015
james13v's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,784
Thanks: 490
Thanked 344 Times in 267 Posts
Activity: 86%
Longevity: 72%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Raising Selling Limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
Really?? Who says?
They do, I suppose. And I really don't doubt that number. Not everyone can afford to list up only things that will sell every single month.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-24-2015
slokor's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,928
Thanks: 299
Thanked 2,051 Times in 1,508 Posts
Activity: 96%
Longevity: 88%
iTrader: (89)
Default Re: Raising Selling Limit

Why not just get another account going and spread your sales?
Youll achieve two goals by doing so:
1. Youll get the better limits youre looking for.
2. Youll be doing the safe and smart thing by making sure you have more than one account so if one goes down you have other to supplement it.
I myself run 35 accounts at all times. Can never be too safe when dealing with ebay.
__________________
USA SELLER ACCOUNT EXCLUSIVES: 1,000/$100,000 AND 5,000/$500,000 - AGED!
ENTER MY STORE OR CONTACT ME
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-24-2015
yankee's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,022
Thanks: 2,368
Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,980 Posts
Activity: 36%
Longevity: 48%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Raising Selling Limit

My sell through rate is 100% or 99.99% But I dont list things that dont sell and I price them to sell.

Anyways, My suggestion is to open MULTIPLE more accounts.
I have at least 100 reasons for this but to start:
1.)Minimize risk of loosing your business in a limitation/suspension
2.)Reduce chance of being targeted by competitors
3.)keep items separate
4.)Makes shipping easier if you are moving volume especially batch printing
5.)changes your geographic location for tageting buyers. Yes west coast accounts sell to the west coast better than east coast
6.) unlimited selling limits
7.) increased visibility
8.) duplicate listings are a non issue
9.) can take more risk and test new items with little fear of disrupting your existing business if a problem occurs
10.) If you are like most people, you will better delegate your time for increased productivity
11.) can easily let an account cool down without disrupting cashflow
12.) can use multiple listing techniques to target specific types of buyers
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
bombztreeez (07-25-2015)
  #15  
Old 07-24-2015
james13v's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,784
Thanks: 490
Thanked 344 Times in 267 Posts
Activity: 86%
Longevity: 72%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Raising Selling Limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
My sell through rate is 100% or 99.99% But I dont list things that dont sell and I price them to sell.

Anyways, My suggestion is to open MULTIPLE more accounts.
I have at least 100 reasons for this but to start:
1.)Minimize risk of loosing your business in a limitation/suspension
2.)Reduce chance of being targeted by competitors
3.)keep items separate
4.)Makes shipping easier if you are moving volume especially batch printing
5.)changes your geographic location for tageting buyers. Yes west coast accounts sell to the west coast better than east coast
6.) unlimited selling limits
7.) increased visibility
8.) duplicate listings are a non issue
9.) can take more risk and test new items with little fear of disrupting your existing business if a problem occurs
10.) If you are like most people, you will better delegate your time for increased productivity
11.) can easily let an account cool down without disrupting cashflow
12.) can use multiple listing techniques to target specific types of buyers

So, if your selling limit is $5000 and you list $5000 every month, you sell $4995 of that?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-24-2015
yankee's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,022
Thanks: 2,368
Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,980 Posts
Activity: 36%
Longevity: 48%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Raising Selling Limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
So, if your selling limit is $5000 and you list $5000 every month, you sell $4995 of that?

I sell to the 100 pieces and/or exceed the $$$ amount via auctions.

Last edited by yankee; 07-24-2015 at 02:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-24-2015
james13v's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,784
Thanks: 490
Thanked 344 Times in 267 Posts
Activity: 86%
Longevity: 72%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Raising Selling Limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
I sell to the 100 pieces and/or exceed the $$$ amount via auctions.
ohh, auctions. Yeah, that's different. I'm not used to auctions. I do fixed price

I set a price, and wait. Sometimes awhile. But most of my stuff I buy from people using auctions.... so that should tell you something.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-24-2015
yankee's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,022
Thanks: 2,368
Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,980 Posts
Activity: 36%
Longevity: 48%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Raising Selling Limit

I typed up my entire two business models and then decided to delete before I get the typical questions about what I sell or if I can wholesale sale etc..

Basically high dollar items on a mix of auctions and fixed on one side and the other side is $15-30 high demand items that I bundle 5 or 10 together to get the maximum out of an account.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-24-2015
james13v's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,784
Thanks: 490
Thanked 344 Times in 267 Posts
Activity: 86%
Longevity: 72%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Raising Selling Limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
I typed up my entire two business models and then decided to delete before I get the typical questions about what I sell or if I can wholesale sale etc..

Basically high dollar items on a mix of auctions and fixed on one side and the other side is $15-30 high demand items that I bundle 5 or 10 together to get the maximum out of an account.
I've bought so many things through auctions that I make 50-5000% profit on, that I've always had a hard time justifying doing auctions.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-24-2015
yankee's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,022
Thanks: 2,368
Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,980 Posts
Activity: 36%
Longevity: 48%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Raising Selling Limit

auctions certainly are not for every item or category.

My example is sell 100+ items a say and make $4-8 each OR sell 3 a day and make $12.00 each.
So I do both.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-24-2015
james13v's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,784
Thanks: 490
Thanked 344 Times in 267 Posts
Activity: 86%
Longevity: 72%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Raising Selling Limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
auctions certainly are not for every item or category.

My example is sell 100+ items a say and make $4-8 each OR sell 3 a day and make $12.00 each.
So I do both.
Hey, if you can do both, AND have the time ( and patience) for the former, then that's awesome. I supposed I have the time, lol but not the patience.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-24-2015
yankee's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 8,022
Thanks: 2,368
Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,980 Posts
Activity: 36%
Longevity: 48%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Raising Selling Limit

It is all about the money plus I don't handle shipping much and I handle minimal amount of customers myself.

I used to do 80-90% of selling and had other people/companies handle all service work. I got to the point I would have 2000-3000 messages a day and 100+ cases open at all times. I DO NOT ever want to have sales like that myself ever again unless I can delegate it.
I am in the process of recreating some of that old business right now. I think I can handle any amount of volume without any glitches. We will see in the next 12 weeks. Busy season starts in about two weeks for me.
Wish me luck!

So
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Raising selling limit, should I wait? Efftech UK eBay & Paypal 10 12-10-2014 04:17 PM
DSR vs Raising Limit Joenice eBay Discussion! 8 03-08-2014 03:30 AM
Raising your selling limit using requested documents geg1700 eBay Discussion! 2 06-03-2013 12:58 PM
Raising 25/750 limit Paddymac UK eBay & Paypal 4 02-14-2013 04:46 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts