eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Raising Selling Limit (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/87782-raising-selling-limit.html)

supdawg1985 07-23-2015 07:27 PM

Raising Selling Limit

I purchased an Ebay stealth account on this site like 5 months ago and have had decent success. I have gotten the limit up to 370 per month but have maxed that out with Probably 100 more things in my inventory just sitting around.

Although this is a stealth account, I have the appropriate information with my LLC to legitimize it. Apparently my address needs to be verified in order to get the upgrade in my limit. I don't want to do anything risky that might jeopardize my account, but I really need to increase this limit.

Should I just wait for an automatic increase? I have only gotten ONE since I started, and my ratings have been pretty much perfect from the day I started.

james13v 07-23-2015 07:37 PM

Re: Raising Selling Limit

Quote:

Originally Posted by supdawg1985 (Post 688396)
I purchased an Ebay stealth account on this site like 5 months ago and have had decent success. I have gotten the limit up to 370 per month but have maxed that out with Probably 100 more things in my inventory just sitting around.

Although this is a stealth account, I have the appropriate information with my LLC to legitimize it. Apparently my address needs to be verified in order to get the upgrade in my limit. I don't want to do anything risky that might jeopardize my account, but I really need to increase this limit.

Should I just wait for an automatic increase? I have only gotten ONE since I started, and my ratings have been pretty much perfect from the day I started.

if your address needs to be verified, then why don't you get an address to verify? It's pretty cheap, especially if you have 470 listings per month.

supdawg1985 07-23-2015 09:12 PM

I've never had to request for a selling limit increase in this fashion before so I don't want to mess up. Way too much is on the line here.

I moved into a new place a couple months ago. The address has never been used on any Ebay account in the past, so it is fresh. I am wondering if it would be a good idea to change the stealth information on the account to my current REAL address. The stealth name would stay the same, so I am not sure if they do a public records check. If so, that might be a problem, especially since it would mismatch the address.

Anyway, if I get it updated with no issues, I should be able to verify the address.

Just wanted to know whether or not Ebay is strict about accounts changing their address. I don't want to draw any attention because of suspicious activity.

I'm probably being paranoid, but safety first!

supdawg1985 07-23-2015 09:14 PM

If I don't do anything, is there any way of predicting when automatic limit increase occur?

I went from 100 to 370. But that was like in May. Why have they not boosted it up higher by now? Also, how high would the next limit likely go?

james13v 07-23-2015 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supdawg1985 (Post 688414)
If I don't do anything, is there any way of predicting when automatic limit increase occur?

I went from 100 to 370. But that was like in May. Why have they not boosted it up higher by now? Also, how high would the next limit likely go?

I've had 100/$5000 for 3 years... so, no.

supdawg1985 07-23-2015 09:19 PM

Did you ever max out your limit in a given month?

123 07-23-2015 11:44 PM

I wouldn't recommend trying to get the increase through verifying your address not worth getting your account limited, much safer to let it happen naturally. Just keep maxing your limits and it'll happen.

Also you shouldn't put all your eggs in one account, then if it goes down your left with nothing. Should have another high limit account that you can sell on for two reasons

1) more selling limits with multiple accounts and can let two accounts increase at the same time so you can have two accounts with very high limits

2) if one goes down, your not completely out of it and will be easier to rebuild

james13v 07-24-2015 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supdawg1985 (Post 688416)
Did you ever max out your limit in a given month?

I'm almost always at the $4995 mark. I've had months where I've sold $2000 of the $5000. Ebay says that on average, the sell through rate for ebay sellers is about 10%. I"m almost at 40%.

After 3 years of waiting, I finally bit the bullet last week, and called in to request an increase. They gave me another $3700.

solefoodbk 07-24-2015 11:05 AM

For mediocre sellers its 10% :pound:

I thought this when I first started selling. Once I took it serious I've exceeded that number every month, easily.

james13v 07-24-2015 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solefoodbk (Post 688575)
For mediocre sellers its 10% :pound:

I thought this when I first started selling. Once I took it serious I've exceeded that number every month, easily.

10% would be the average.

solefoodbk 07-24-2015 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james13v (Post 688582)
10% would be the average.

Really?? Who says?

james13v 07-24-2015 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solefoodbk (Post 688584)
Really?? Who says?

They do, I suppose. And I really don't doubt that number. Not everyone can afford to list up only things that will sell every single month.

slokor 07-24-2015 11:54 AM

Why not just get another account going and spread your sales?
Youll achieve two goals by doing so:
1. Youll get the better limits youre looking for.
2. Youll be doing the safe and smart thing by making sure you have more than one account so if one goes down you have other to supplement it.
I myself run 35 accounts at all times. Can never be too safe when dealing with ebay.

yankee 07-24-2015 12:07 PM

My sell through rate is 100% or 99.99% But I dont list things that dont sell and I price them to sell.

Anyways, My suggestion is to open MULTIPLE more accounts.
I have at least 100 reasons for this but to start:
1.)Minimize risk of loosing your business in a limitation/suspension
2.)Reduce chance of being targeted by competitors
3.)keep items separate
4.)Makes shipping easier if you are moving volume especially batch printing
5.)changes your geographic location for tageting buyers. Yes west coast accounts sell to the west coast better than east coast
6.) unlimited selling limits
7.) increased visibility
8.) duplicate listings are a non issue
9.) can take more risk and test new items with little fear of disrupting your existing business if a problem occurs
10.) If you are like most people, you will better delegate your time for increased productivity
11.) can easily let an account cool down without disrupting cashflow
12.) can use multiple listing techniques to target specific types of buyers

james13v 07-24-2015 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 688602)
My sell through rate is 100% or 99.99% But I dont list things that dont sell and I price them to sell.

Anyways, My suggestion is to open MULTIPLE more accounts.
I have at least 100 reasons for this but to start:
1.)Minimize risk of loosing your business in a limitation/suspension
2.)Reduce chance of being targeted by competitors
3.)keep items separate
4.)Makes shipping easier if you are moving volume especially batch printing
5.)changes your geographic location for tageting buyers. Yes west coast accounts sell to the west coast better than east coast
6.) unlimited selling limits
7.) increased visibility
8.) duplicate listings are a non issue
9.) can take more risk and test new items with little fear of disrupting your existing business if a problem occurs
10.) If you are like most people, you will better delegate your time for increased productivity
11.) can easily let an account cool down without disrupting cashflow
12.) can use multiple listing techniques to target specific types of buyers

So, if your selling limit is $5000 and you list $5000 every month, you sell $4995 of that?

yankee 07-24-2015 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james13v (Post 688605)
So, if your selling limit is $5000 and you list $5000 every month, you sell $4995 of that?

I sell to the 100 pieces and/or exceed the $$$ amount via auctions.

james13v 07-24-2015 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 688614)
I sell to the 100 pieces and/or exceed the $$$ amount via auctions.

ohh, auctions. Yeah, that's different. I'm not used to auctions. I do fixed price

I set a price, and wait. Sometimes awhile. But most of my stuff I buy from people using auctions.... so that should tell you something.

yankee 07-24-2015 03:08 PM

I typed up my entire two business models and then decided to delete before I get the typical questions about what I sell or if I can wholesale sale etc..

Basically high dollar items on a mix of auctions and fixed on one side and the other side is $15-30 high demand items that I bundle 5 or 10 together to get the maximum out of an account.

james13v 07-24-2015 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 688658)
I typed up my entire two business models and then decided to delete before I get the typical questions about what I sell or if I can wholesale sale etc..

Basically high dollar items on a mix of auctions and fixed on one side and the other side is $15-30 high demand items that I bundle 5 or 10 together to get the maximum out of an account.

I've bought so many things through auctions that I make 50-5000% profit on, that I've always had a hard time justifying doing auctions.

yankee 07-24-2015 03:15 PM

auctions certainly are not for every item or category.

My example is sell 100+ items a say and make $4-8 each OR sell 3 a day and make $12.00 each.
So I do both.

james13v 07-24-2015 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 688661)
auctions certainly are not for every item or category.

My example is sell 100+ items a say and make $4-8 each OR sell 3 a day and make $12.00 each.
So I do both.

Hey, if you can do both, AND have the time ( and patience) for the former, then that's awesome. I supposed I have the time, lol but not the patience.

yankee 07-24-2015 03:24 PM

It is all about the money plus I don't handle shipping much and I handle minimal amount of customers myself.

I used to do 80-90% of selling and had other people/companies handle all service work. I got to the point I would have 2000-3000 messages a day and 100+ cases open at all times. I DO NOT ever want to have sales like that myself ever again unless I can delegate it.
I am in the process of recreating some of that old business right now. I think I can handle any amount of volume without any glitches. We will see in the next 12 weeks. Busy season starts in about two weeks for me.
Wish me luck!

So