Is it possible to find someone's true identity if they have a stealth account? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%
Default Re: Is it possible to find someone's true identity if they have a stealth account?

It always goes back to the money. You can have stealth everything at the end of the road there must be a legit source withdrawing the money. If they could get the records that is where they would get you. A lawsuit I doubt you would have to worry about that, some kind of Federal prosecution then you are in another ballgame.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-06-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default Re: Is it possible to find someone's true identity if they have a stealth account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
Read the forums. MANY ways to get an IP besides your ISP or proxies.

Not going to explain it all here as there are hundreds of posts that explain far better than I have time to.
ok, but so far ive simply been switching IP by swapping out routers.

Dose this mean the new accounts i've set up are all linked even though the IPs and user accounts, details are all different?
Old 08-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by noived View Post
ok, but so far ive simply been switching IP by swapping out routers.
Calm down....your fine. Take a deep breath and relax. If you aren't breaking any laws don't worry.

Quote:
Dose this mean the new accounts i've set up are all linked even though the IPs and user accounts, details are all different?
Again, relax.....Your fine.
Old 08-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by noived View Post
Wait a second I thought you use your normal ISP IP for stealth?

at least thats what I read in the stealth guide..

I just switch router when i switch account

is this not the right way to do it?
I thought proxys / vpns etc were the wrong thing to do as it made you look suspicious to ebay?
Your thinking is a bit limited - mobile cellphone tethering...dongles...different possibilities
Old 08-06-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 51%

As said by many paypal and eBay are easy enough to trick, lol. The law on the other hand? Not so easy. In this day in age if they want you bad enough they will come pay you a visit. The best way to avoid criminal charges is to not be a criminal lol
Old 08-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

I think members of the forum need to understand that making stealth accounts was not presented to sell items that they should not be selling. Selling these types of items is not something that the forum endorses. When the stealth guide talks about new IP addresses, it is not to mask your identity. It tells you how to change your IP address so you are not using the same IP address that you was once suspended with. The stealth guide is for getting back onto eBay and PayPal by masking your identity from eBay and PayPal, not the authorities or subpenas. If you are going to sell items that you should not be selling, it is probably wise to keep it in PM and not an open forum that everyone can see (and use against you, if found).

This is not me passing judgement on anyone selling what they choose to sell. Just a word of what the stealth guide and forum are suppose to be used for
The Following User Says Thank You to bjammin For This Useful Post:
RoxJox (08-06-2015)