Can eBay track cell phones like IP addresses? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-25-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Can eBay track cell phones like IP addresses?

Guys,

New to the forum here and just bought the stealth guide last night. After reading through it, it's pretty logical and straightforward and I am excited to manipulate the system to get back on eBay after creating my account in 2000. I was selling gaming console accessories and basically 12 year olds controlled my fate.

One of my biggest questions after reading the guide was the "Change of Address". My concern would be on the things that I "purchase" from eBay are still delivered to my home. So after coming up with a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address how can I ensure that this still happens?

Is it possible for me to create me new stealth account for selling on the PC and then use my old suspended/limited account (has home address) for buying on my cell phone? Or does eBay have a way to link accounts through the cell phone as well?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-25-2015
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,654 Times in 1,251 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 61%
Default Re: Can eBay track cell phones like IP addresses?

Hi, welcome to the forum.

It is fine to have a brand new stealth account on your pc (providing you follow all the stealth rules: new user and new everything...) and the other account, the already limited one, on your phone (phones and apps are dangerous for linking but if you use them for your old account only, there is no problem. Btw, can you still buy with your suspended/limited account?)

Do not cross infos between the 2 accounts (also IP has to be different and use another phone number for your stealth account...)

This one:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellIbedammed View Post
basically 12 year olds controlled my fate
maade me think... funny.

Buona fortuna!

Last edited by ilcarletto; 08-25-2015 at 07:15 AM. Reason: ...well... sounded gibberish
The Following User Says Thank You to ilcarletto For This Useful Post:
wellIbedammed (08-25-2015)
Old 08-25-2015
Threadstarter  

ilcarletto, Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, I can still buy with my suspended account. Actually, this is my second account. I was banned back in 2013 and I had my 2nd account going for about 8 months before they linked them. I waited about 6-8 months before I created my 2nd account and then did nothing but make small purchases until my feedback was at 20-30, 100% and then started selling slowly. Small items. They linked me to my old account because I was careless and cross contaminated my new account with logging into my old one from the same PC.

Thing that sucks is that I travel a lot for work and I would like to be able to check on my listings or items sold. I have an old Samsung Note2 that has been out of phone service for about a year and a half. I wonder if there is a way I can use it with my wireless air card to log into my stealth account and not jeopardize being linked??? There is gotta be a way!?!
Old 08-25-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Well , your best solution is a USB or MIFI 3G device , Fresh IP every 2sec and almost impossible to be linked because the ips address.. forget your phone to get new ip , they trace back , android devices share most of info , and if you made a single mistake .. bye bye baby, also many ISP provider today give Static IP only , means no good for stealth, if you are saying your ph is not on service , how you are accessing the web? via wifi? well , you already using your home ip to buy .. change pc on the same ip or network id is no making any different , good luck.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to balsero For This Useful Post:
psitepu (09-27-2018), wellIbedammed (08-25-2015)
Old 08-25-2015
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,654 Times in 1,251 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Thing that sucks is that I travel a lot for work and I would like to be able to check on my listings or items sold. I have an old Samsung Note2 that has been out of phone service for about a year and a half. I wonder if there is a way I can use it with my wireless air card to log into my stealth account and not jeopardize being linked??? There is gotta be a way!?!
Best solution for travelling people is to get a VPN. Get in touch with Mr. 123 here on the forum and have a look at his store.
The Following User Says Thank You to ilcarletto For This Useful Post:
wellIbedammed (08-25-2015)
Old 08-25-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilcarletto View Post
Best solution for travelling people is to get a VPN. Get in touch with Mr. 123 here on the forum and have a look at his store.

MIFI or USB work also for traveling people, this is a MOBILE data services from verizon all over USA , VPN are good , but can be traceable , some times they can be easy identify if you not 100% clear on how to used. Again, from outside USA , the VPN is the best solution , Inside USA , Verizon Mifi or USB device is the best solution.
Old 08-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

I use a mifi device too. And it does work wonderfully. I have never used 123's VPN service 24vc, but I have only heard good things about it. I have never seen a single complaint about 24vc.
The Following User Says Thank You to bjammin For This Useful Post:
balsero (08-25-2015)
Old 08-25-2015
Threadstarter  

Ok. So I have a AT&T MIFI like this:

Will this work with my cell phone that has NO cell service? My intention is to log into my stealth account with that phone using the MIFI device. My current cell phone would only be used for making purchases on the limited/suspended account on the cell service only, NOT the same MIFI.
Old 08-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

It seems we are missing an important aspect.

It does not matter where the IP comes from. What is important is that you are not crossing and overlapping IPs. Anything that connects to the internet is wonderful as long as you are not using the same IP on both accounts.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
easy.bake.oven (08-26-2015)
Old 08-25-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
It seems we are missing an important aspect.

It does not matter where the IP comes from. What is important is that you are not crossing and overlapping IPs. Anything that connects to the internet is wonderful as long as you are not using the same IP on both accounts.
Yes, that is perfectly clear to me. However the question above still remains. With what you are saying, I should be good to go with the MIFI as long as I don't cross them up.. correct?
Old 08-25-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Ok. So I have a AT&T MIFI like this:

Will this work with my cell phone that has NO cell service? My intention is to log into my stealth account with that phone using the MIFI device. My current cell phone would only be used for making purchases on the limited/suspended account on the cell service only, NOT the same MIFI.
Your making this harder on yourself than it should, Open a PO Box, Open a new account with the PO Box info and you can buy till you drop.
Old 08-25-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Your making this harder on yourself than it should, Open a PO Box, Open a new account with the PO Box info and you can buy till you drop.
Good point.
Old 08-26-2015

Longevity: 59%
Send a message via Skype™ to Shekibi

The answer is simple... Yes, don't use same number on multiple accounts.