"buy it now" shows differently account under hidden restriction? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-16-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Default "buy it now" shows differently account under hidden restriction?

Hi all,
my sell has been slow this month. while trying to find out the reason i noticed
something looks different in my account: when got into active listings under selling manager, i noticed that the italicized and colored “Buy It Now"icon became upright letters and uncolored. is it a indicator of something? does anyone know or noticed such a thing before? i suppose that it is a signal that
there is something wrong with my account. anyone knows please help. thank you
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-16-2015

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: "buy it now" shows differently account under hidden restriction?

One of my accounts shows the same thing. Have you noticed any restrictions?

On my account, I think some type of "silent/soft restriction" has been put in place. All of my stats are good, I haven't had any notices from eBay, and I still actively sell from the account. However, when trying to increase the quantity (by 80) on one of my listings this morning, I got a message saying "You are no longer able to list items from this account. This does not reflect badly on you, many sellers have this restriction", or something along those lines. Immediately afterwards I sent one of my BIN listings to auction with no problem. So... I don't think the account is dead yet. Then I waited a while and reattempted to increase the quantity on the same listing as before. This time I only increased it by 3 instead of a large number, and it went through fine.

The whole situation had me on edge and was very strange. I interpreted their notice to mean I need to slow down on that account. The account in question is limitless. But (in my case) I think this happened because of selling too much too quickly. Some soft of "soft-limit" if you will.

But I honestly have no idea what's up.
Old 10-16-2015

Interested in this as well... Does anyone else have any info on this? Could this be due to the upcoming fall seller updates?
Old 10-16-2015

Got this on brand new account on UK ebay, had 10 listings of 5 items per listing available in my store and which was showing, after changing prices and adding postage price I've seen my "Buy it Now" image in grey colour and my listings were "hidden", now after some time "buy it now" restored to colourful but listings still aren't visible.
Old 10-16-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by hAve View Post
Got this on brand new account on UK ebay, had 10 listings of 5 items per listing available in my store and which was showing, after changing prices and adding postage price I've seen my "Buy it Now" image in grey colour and my listings were "hidden", now after some time "buy it now" restored to colourful but listings still aren't visible.
So you're saying your listings were hidden when the "Buy It Now" icon was gray? Strange, my listings seem to show up just fine although my visibility seems to have been reduced. I managed to get 2 defects this past month so maybe that's why they grayed out even though my % is still really good.

I have no other explanation...
Old 10-16-2015

Well, even after they came back to colourful - listings still aren't visable.

Just added 11 new listings, 1 of them showed up stright away while 10 old ones aren't visable to outside world
Old 10-16-2015

Sorry, just looked into this again, I've got hidden listings on one stealth account and buy it now is colourful there

and on another stealth account I've got listings visable but buy it now is in gray colour
Old 10-16-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

This is just either a glitch or they purposely changed the font, but all my listings are visible and selling, it's just the "buy it now" font is not bold
Old 10-16-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
This is just either a glitch or they purposely changed the font, but all my listings are visible and selling, it's just the "buy it now" font is not bold
it's not just a bold or not, it's whole colour bacame from colourful to gray
Old 10-16-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hAve View Post
it's not just a bold or not, it's whole colour bacame from colourful to gray
But it's just a change in font, it doesn't mean theirs a restriction or your listings are not visible . No need to read into a change of font so deeply. If their is a problem with your accounts it has nothing to do with the buy it now font
Old 10-16-2015

I think that is some design improvement. They spent a fortune, and found out that they to re-paint "BIN" button to beat AZ.
The Following User Says Thank You to muzzie For This Useful Post:
ovidiu (10-17-2015)