New eBay Business plan - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-08-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default New eBay Business plan

I have only started one thread before but I don't see this addressed so here goes. I am a veteran eBay Buyer and Seller that got my PowerSeller account suspended last September for reasons that only eBay knows. After the help of Aspkin's eBay Stealth Book - and this Forum - I have about 15 eBay/PAYPAL accounts up and running and another 10 eBay accounts aging. Still, I get suspended from time to time, again, for reasons that only eBay knows. The most common given reason is "Abusing eBay," whatever that means. Modee - you are right. They will never give you a specific reason for these suspensions. EVER. Which brings me to my point for this thread. Does anyone think that eBay has a new business model that excludes small independent Sellers and is moving towards the large wholesalers who do not sell auction style? It seems that there are more and more of these large type non-auction style Sellers on eBay every day. This makes no sense. it was by providing the small guy the opportunity to list items on a universal internet "garage sale" that made eBay a household name, so why would they be abandoning this business plan? I have had countless accounts suspended for no real reason that I can think of. I am very, very familiar with Aspkins guide and I know the rules and what to avoid to stay around. It just occurs to me that eBay may be slowly getting rid of the Small guys in favor of the big wholesalers. Even the big wholesalers who are selling counterfeit seem to keep going, and going - yet I get genuine items removed as counterfeit all the time. If it weren't for the fact the eBay is arbitrarily suspending its' members for no reason - this Forum would not be so popular. Are there any other sites coming up to replace eBay's original business model? It seems that this was very popular and there is certainly a demand. Why would eBay change policies that made them a success? What do they have to gain by getting rid of small, independent Sellers? This goes against everything I learned in Business school. So, there must be something going on that I am missing. Any thoughts out there? If eBay is a dead end for most of us - what should we be doing to keep selling? Should we set up real web sites? Is there another site out there that will bring anywhere near the same amount of traffic that you get on eBay? I would like to know what I need to do to prepare for the inevitable loss of eBay. As we continue to discuss ways to keep from being suspended - are we fighting a losing battle? Is it time to change OUR business model?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-09-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

In parts I think eBay wants to be more like Amazon.. but they change their business model every couple weeks who knows what they're aiming for now.

I do agree it's best not to put all your sales into eBay. You need to start your own website to sale your items just in case you finally get tired of ebay.

Having your own website, and putting all your effort into marketing it is much more rewarding then eBay.

I'm working on an eBook on how to do just that for newbies. It's about 95% done, I'll give you a review copy when it's 100%.

Regards,
Old 01-09-2009

Longevity: 89%

sounds good aspkin, please send a copy my way if its not a problem.

I dont understand ebay myself. I used to sell high priced items on BIN and was getting great feedback. They were earning good money from my fees. Then my paypal account gets limited and they expect me to send out the items before i have access to my money. Maybe it would have been ok if i did send out the items but after the loss i occured the last time when they limited me for 180 days i refuse to do so as theres a massive possibilty they will do the same again.

Also i sold a lcd to a customer about 2.5 months ago and he put a dispute in with paypal saying that the tv was not as described. I must mention that this customer left me posative feedback 2 days after he recieved the item. I mentioned all of this to paypal and also mentioned that the customer has a warrenty and i will arrange for the lcd to get fixed( there was a problem with the sound) after a period of time paypal contacted me saying that the transaction has gone in the buyers favour and they will be returning the tv for a full refund. I got in contact with customer services and made them aware that it clearly states my refund policy is 7 days on the listing and its been 2.5 months so they can not give him a refund. I didnt get any joy. the customer returned the tv which was damaged by the courrier and paypal dont wanna know

Getting your own website is deff the right direction to go in. We need to figure out how we can use the ebay trafic and direct customers to our site. I hate paypal and find it too risky to deal with them. I still have another account which is verified and might use it for a few non ebay transactions.
Old 01-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

i have seen many of the bigger sellers listing their websites on their listings. Has anyone here who has a website taken a chance and put their websites in their listings??
Old 01-10-2009

Longevity: 88%

to open a website like ebay, all of us on this forum must join force and pull all of our customer to that website

alot of hardwork and time need to be taken
Old 01-10-2009

Longevity: 88%

i agree i just signed up for some collage courses for html coding i plan on starting a web site of some kind to stick it to ebay.Aspkin send me a copy of that when you get it to 100%
Old 01-11-2009
Threadstarter  

Any idea when you will have this book ready for review?? It sounds like a great idea. You have a way of explaining things that make it easy to follow. That takes true writing and technical talent. I have 4 teenage sons who could help me set up a Website but they are not good teachers and I doubt that they would have the patience to show me how to navigate it once I have it up and running. I look forward to your next e-book.
Old 01-13-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

I'm going to try really hard to have it bare bones 100% within a week or so.

It was only meant to be a 20 page book in the beginning, but now it's almost 40 so it's taking more time.

Hehe, and thanks for complement, I don't consider myself a very good writer, but I do try.
Old 01-13-2009

Longevity: 94%

thanks for Stealth Book...
now i have 15 freebay accounts...
1 account suspended today without any reason and email from freebay
no message also at My Message at My Ebay
my feedback also change from 64 to zero...
dont know why

just start new account today with account i was created :D