How to take on established sellers - whilst protecting your one account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-23-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default How to take on established sellers - whilst protecting your one account

How do you take on established sellers selling the same products that you want to also sell?

Obviously your price would be cheaper...

If your competition got wind of you selling the same items as them, then how do you protect your own seller account against malicious competitors
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-23-2015

Longevity: 60%
Default Re: How to take on established sellers - whilst protecting your one account

Sell slow, while doing so make more accounts and avoid lowering the price to low.
Old 10-23-2015

Longevity: 76%
Default Re: How to take on established sellers - whilst protecting your one account

I am currently lowest price seller in my niche. I supply it to most the other resellers. So I doubt anyone ever try underselling me but if they did I just lower prices and think my competition knows that.
Old 10-23-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy View Post
How do you take on established sellers selling the same products that you want to also sell?

Obviously your price would be cheaper...

If your competition got wind of you selling the same items as them, then how do you protect your own seller account against malicious competitors
The three key things I use to sell the same product at double the prices are as follows:

1. My eBay username. What's in a name? A lot. Someone who's eBay user id is "CustomerService" gives a lot different impression than "smite1294". Which one would YOU buy from?

2. Feedback: I keep my feedback high and my complaints low. I don't need to compete on price because my customers buy from me due to my great customer service, or at least the perception of it.

3. Keywords/title. Most people don't optimize their title NEARLY as much as they should. Don't waste time with words like "Rare" or "NICE!!!". No one is searching for these terms. ONLY use SEARCH keywords in your title.

Unless you're selling something very generic, you should be able to compete just fine without lowering your prices.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
yankee (10-24-2015)
Old 10-24-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Why is the ebay username so important? I doubt that's going to draw in buyers at all? that's not in stealth guide!
Old 10-24-2015

Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Why is the ebay username so important? I doubt that's going to draw in buyers at all? that's not in stealth guide!
Like really? Of course aspkin wouldnt know all algorithms of ebay to write a book about that. The book helps get back on selling but not how to sell. Here are the optimization aspects in terms of importance:

1.keywords
2.customer support/feedback
3.price/picture/description

I easily beat my competitors but you need to take certain steps in order to get that done and that only comes if you follow these aspects to the perfection
Old 10-25-2015

Longevity: 49%

There is a chance other sellers will buy your items under a different account to leave neg feedback and damage your account. No real way to protect yourself from this, but have more stealths ready in case this does happen.
Old 12-04-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Why is the eBay user name so important? - does it have to related to the items you sell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
The three key things I use to sell the same product at double the prices are as follows:

1. My eBay username. What's in a name? A lot. Someone who's eBay user id is "CustomerService" gives a lot different impression than "smite1294". Which one would YOU buy from?

2. Feedback: I keep my feedback high and my complaints low. I don't need to compete on price because my customers buy from me due to my great customer service, or at least the perception of it.

3. Keywords/title. Most people don't optimize their title NEARLY as much as they should. Don't waste time with words like "Rare" or "NICE!!!". No one is searching for these terms. ONLY use SEARCH keywords in your title.

Unless you're selling something very generic, you should be able to compete just fine without lowering your prices.
Old 12-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Why is the eBay user name so important? - does it have to related to the items you sell?
You already bashed me once regarding my opinions. I will not assist you further. Consult "the guide" that tells all, since you put all your faith in it.
GreenBean (03-02-2018)
Old 12-04-2015

Longevity: 73%

I like to match my competitor price or even a bit higher then they offer ..
Then make the BEST listing on earth best pics ever taken, ship the fastest ebay has ever seen ., And OUTSELL all them lower priced listings .. they don't get mad if you out do them .. they get mad if you come flying stepping on toes with a lower price.. JUST my thoughts . BUT there is no way to sell and prevent 100% another sell attacking . I just say don't provoke a war if anyway around it ..
Old 12-04-2015

Longevity: 73%

or maybe a user name I4anI LOL
Old 12-05-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I never bashed you regarding your opinion - the forum is a place to share ideas, if you don't waning to help that's your choice
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
You already bashed me once regarding my opinions. I will not assist you further. Consult "the guide" that tells all, since you put all your faith in it.
Old 12-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I never bashed you regarding your opinion - the forum is a place to share ideas, if you don't waning to help that's your choice
Is your memory that short?

Quote:
GreenBean (03-02-2018)