Can they track a mobile hotspot - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-29-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Can they track a mobile hotspot

I will try to summarize
I create about 20 new emails each week. One for each new user account.
Accounts are used primarily for buying on a certain website.

I go to mail.com to get each new email address. I use a new user account, I use a hotspot which always gives me a new dynamic IP address. So I have new user account, new IP.
When I was new to this, I didnt think they tracked browsers or IPs. I figured they didnt care how many emails you get. So I noticed after using the same browser, I would get locked out ( the whole, please try again later message)

I eventually caught on and started using fresh accounts and IPs.

Just now, I got the same message basiclly telling me they know I have created too many emails. I always use chrome browser with ATT mobile hotspot. I switched to firefox with same IP and it let me create a new email.
The only thing different iis I am using T mobile hotspot. Never had this probelm with ATT hotspot. Do you think they are identifying the hotspot quicker somehow? Matching it with browser footprint? I didnt think an email website would have such a system. I know its not coincidence because the second I switched to a new browser, it allowed me to complete the process.

Ive created about 100 emails with ATT doing the same method. Using the T mobile, I got to about 5 before I had to switch things up
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-29-2015

Longevity: 81%
Default Re: Can they track a mobile hotspot

The best way to create accounts is having each account in its own virtual environment. Never ever decide to create a accounts under one browser or environment.

The fact now browsers are like like a mini OS. You don't see under the hood what they hold or cookies. For example Chrome when you delete your cookies. eBay might not do it but Amazon will install a hidden cookie in your database inside the Chrome app in the browser to identify you. This hidden cookie will relay information regarding computer MAC ID and so on.

To play it safe its best you create VM for each account. It will prolong your accounts and have them last longer.

Also with ATT hotspot they will change IPs every time you restart the connection. Just also understand you should be using VPNs. I recommend 24vc if anything. ATT will recycle IP address.

If you do want to create numerous accounts. Use a virtual environment with VPN. Soft ether is app that I use too to add extra layer of protection.
Old 10-29-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleredengine07 View Post

Also with ATT hotspot they will change IPs every time you restart the connection. Just also understand you should be using VPNs. I recommend 24vc if anything. ATT will recycle IP address.
Please stop propagating the myth that a "recycled" IP will result in a link

It doesn't. EVERY IP is "recycled" at one point or another. Even the one you get on your home network. It takes more than a similar or same IP to link accounts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (10-29-2015)
Old 10-29-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleredengine07 View Post
The best way to create accounts is having each account in its own virtual environment. Never ever decide to create a accounts under one browser or environment.

The fact now browsers are like like a mini OS. You don't see under the hood what they hold or cookies. For example Chrome when you delete your cookies. eBay might not do it but Amazon will install a hidden cookie in your database inside the Chrome app in the browser to identify you. This hidden cookie will relay information regarding computer MAC ID and so on.

To play it safe its best you create VM for each account. It will prolong your accounts and have them last longer.

If you do want to create numerous accounts. Use a virtual environment with VPN. Soft ether is app that I use too to add extra layer of protection.

No offense. You need to STOP posting this info. MAC addresses are not transmitted. MAC addresses do not make it past the second IP terminal or whatever tech term you wanna give it.

AND. NEVER EVER EVER use VPN or VPS. Ive done that before and had 5 accounts terminated on start up.

AND... I want new IP addresses.

So 3 of your suggestions are (no offense) absolute WRONG. Please dont give this advice to newbs because you dont know what youre talking about

OH. AND. Using a new user account does not transfer cookies from other browsers. So that is 4 pieces of advice you need to cease stating.

But hey, thanks for trying to help me out
The Following User Says Thank You to Maliquest For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliquest View Post

AND. NEVER EVER EVER use VPN or VPS. Ive done that before and had 5 accounts terminated on start up.
There's nothing wrong with VPNs or VPS's. Proxies are a death sentence, but if you're using a DEDICATED VPN or VPS (i.e. no one else shares the same IP) there's no issue at all.

You most likely picked a first page Google company, and obviously, those have been overused.