Yodel delivery company... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-07-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 49%
Angry Yodel delivery company...

If you are in the UK and have used Yodel you might can help me out..

Not exactly an eBay question but I used yodel to deliver 2 items this month and they were both sold for £280 each. Both have gone missing! I never usually use Yodel but will not be using them again as they are completely useless.

The first package said it was delivered but the recipient says it never arrived and I do believe them. I asked Yodel for proof of delivery and I've been waiting 3 weeks now for any information. All they said is 'The depot have said that the courier cannot recall exactly where the parcel was delivered but it was most likely taken to the address and signed for by who ever was there.'
^^ this was the actual response I received from Yodel. 'Most Likely' well thats not good enough for me! I don't know what to do about this. Has anyone dealt with this before? I booked the delivery through parcel2go.com and stupidly didn't pay insurance but an extra £20 to insure a package seemed stupid especially when it was only being delivered a few hours away.

Basically they should have a signature if the package was really delivered and they can't even provide me with the signature. Am I able to claim against them for this since they aren't providing me with proof? What can I do?

The Following User Says Thank You to HAHlala For This Useful Post:
xhan (11-08-2015)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-07-2015

Longevity: 59%
Default Re: Yodel delivery company...

I NEVER select compensation when booking with parcel2go.

At 5% it's too much.

Only 1 parcel has ever gone missing several years ago that was sent with Parcelforce. That was a laptop in a visable laptop box worth £350.

I skipped parcel2go and simply started a claim on moneyclaim online for the £350 plus my costs. I won by default and they paid me, plus costs 3 weeks later.

Just start a court claim online, you won't get anywhere with yodel or parcel2go.

It's not worth their while contesting such a small (to them) amount.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blueuk For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (11-07-2015), HAHlala (11-07-2015)
Old 11-07-2015

Longevity: 55%

Why did you use Yodel?, they have a reputation as being a hopeless company, every Christmas especially they seem to lose the plot. There are loads of more reliable companies out there doing courier delivery, not difficult to find.
Old 11-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

I found them poor as a receiver, so never used them to send.

I find myhermes more reliable, not lost anything yet.

the online small claims is a good idea, never thought of that, assumed if no insurance, no comp, so encouraging.......

all the customer service, whether you call or write is terrible, not just yodel. I think yodel have a high staff turnover that do not know local addresses too.
HAHlala (11-07-2015), xhan (11-08-2015)
Old 11-07-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueuk View Post

At 5% it's too much.

Only 1 parcel has ever gone missing several years ago that was sent with Parcelforce. That was a laptop in a visable laptop box worth £350.

I skipped parcel2go and simply started a claim on moneyclaim online for the £350 plus my costs. I won by default and they paid me, plus costs 3 weeks later.

Just start a court claim online, you won't get anywhere with yodel or parcel2go.

Thanks for that, I will do that if I don't get any answers back in the next few days. Their customer service is absolutely terrible and they don't seem to care at all. The delivery was going to a primary school too so I don't know how the delivery driver could accidentally deliver it to another address.
Old 11-07-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
Why did you use Yodel?, they have a reputation as being a hopeless company, every Christmas especially they seem to lose the plot. There are loads of more reliable companies out there doing courier delivery, not difficult to find.
I never use Yodel but it was the only company that I was able to book that same day to come and collect as I missed the collection window for Hermes and I had to have the item collected that day for next day delivery. Regretting it now! I usually go for hermes and have never had any problems with them.
Old 11-07-2015

Longevity: 59%

In my opinion using Hermes or Yodel is asking for trouble. I use both (unwillingly) for items 2-5kg that are worth less than £30-£40 that i'm not fussed about replacing.

They use self employed couriers that deliver parcels in battered old cars.

Our local Hermes "family" (they have 3 vehicles and theres around 7 of them that deliver the parcels) are an absolute joke. They've actually posted on facebook this weekend that anyone waiting for a larger that average parcel from them might be waiting a little longer due to writing their large vehicle off last night, and they hope to deliver once they source another car. Absolute jokers.

They delivered me a disney store order last week, 4 boxes filled with christmas presents, they'd only had them at home for 9 hours and they absolutely stunk of cigarette smoke.

For less than £8 you can send with DPD (the best courier IMO) or £9 UPS (2nd best)
The Following User Says Thank You to blueuk For This Useful Post:
xhan (11-08-2015)
Old 11-07-2015

Activity: 16%
Longevity: 70%

Best you use Hermes via Parcel2go, out of about 600 parcels they have only lost 2 of my parcels, did you get insurance for your parcels with Yodel, I hope you did for that value
The Following User Says Thank You to ebabe For This Useful Post:
xhan (11-08-2015)
Old 11-07-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
In my opinion using Hermes or Yodel is asking for trouble. I use both (unwillingly) for items 2-5kg that are worth less than £30-£40 that i'm not fussed about replacing.

Our local Hermes "family" (they have 3 vehicles and theres around 7 of them that deliver the parcels) are an absolute joke. They've actually posted on facebook this weekend that anyone waiting for a larger that average parcel from them might be waiting a little longer due to writing their large vehicle off last night, and they hope to deliver once they source another car. Absolute jokers.

They delivered me a disney store order last week, 4 boxes filled with christmas presents, they'd only had them at home for 9 hours and they absolutely stunk of cigarette smoke.

For less than £8 you can send with DPD (the best courier IMO) or £9 UPS (2nd best)
Priceless post from them on Facebook blueuk, great that you noticed it and been able to mention it here, certainly an eye opener for those of us that have used them occasionally. You are definitely right about them using self employed couriers in their own vehicles, luckily for me the woman that does in my area is good and never seems to miss a beat.
Old 11-08-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebabe View Post
Best you use Hermes via Parcel2go,
Myhermes direct at least covers you for basic compensation, parcel2go is an agent and offers no basic compensation:

"Please be aware there is no standard cover for any of our services on Parcel2go.com"
Old 11-08-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

I have not used yodel and even ppl from UK have told me the disastrous nature of their services.
Old 11-09-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:

At 5% it's too much.

Hi again, I just contacted Parcel2go again today requesting the proof of delivery for about the 10th time in the past month and I was told 'there is nothing we can do'. Contacted Yodel again and was told the delivery driver can't remember if it was posted but assumes it was and was signed for but yet they can't provide me with signature as proof or any proof at all. So it seems as though it was probably stolen by the yodel delivery driver and it seems weird that the delivery driver just can't seem to remember where it was delivered. I have had enough of contacting them and receiving rubbish customer service. I have had a look at the money claim website but I wanted to ask a few questions..

Does it cost me to open a claim up and what if they don't respond to it? I also need to claim against two packages that went missing by Yodel so should I make 2 separate claims or both together?

Any information would be appreciated! Thank you.
Old 11-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Email the CEO. You will get a reply from one of his underlings.

Also ask for the geo codes of the delivery. The geo code apparently gives the location to within a few metres of where it was signed for or where the delivery was made. They will have all of this info. They are trying to fob you off. I do fear the best you will get is compensation up to the insured value.

Post your complaints to all available social media too. Yodel no longer have a facebook page due to the number of disgruntled customers posting.

I could tell you a lot about yodel from my own experience but it would take all night!
Old 11-10-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:

Is that true about them delivering them in their own cars? I had no idea. Whenever I get deliveries from Yodel it comes in a white yodel van? Unless its only certain deliveries are done in the vans. The guy who delivers to us is really nice and polite, he's a foreign man. I have an office outside the back of my house and he always makes the effort to walk round the back of the house to my office to deliver when most people just chuck them at the front of the house. Once he had to leave the package as I wasn't in but he left it round the back and covered it well and even came back to check later on that I had got it. So at least some of them are good.
Old 11-10-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOMBOK View Post
Email the CEO. You will get a reply from one of his underlings.

Also ask for the geo codes of the delivery. The geo code apparently gives the location to within a few metres of where it was signed for or where the delivery was made. They will have all of this info. They are trying to fob you off. I do fear the best you will get is compensation up to the insured value.

Post your complaints to all available social media too. Yodel no longer have a facebook page due to the number of disgruntled customers posting.

I could tell you a lot about yodel from my own experience but it would take all night!
Thanks for that! Do you happen to know the CEO's email? I've looked all over their website for it but theres no email addresses at all. I will have a look on some forums for it but if you have it would save me the time. Thanks!
Old 11-10-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

Just went to have a look and it turns out he left them in July and they have not appointed anyone else.

Join this facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/yodelcomplaints/

Loads of stories of how bad they are, and some good. If you post on there, I am sure someone will be along with the info you need.

If you use twitter, I am told they contact you quickly to try and sort it out but cannot vouch for that myself.
Old 11-12-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

what I would say in favour of the couriers, my assistants husband works for one of these couriers, and they work hard and are under alot of pressure for not much money, I mean it is not that skilled and they do not have to do it, but I think alot of people do it til a better deal comes along, as it is easy work to get......and apparently the stop-start driving with their cars knackers them out.....

there is a big difference between local people who know the area and a central depot much further away with out of area people, I have noticed a big difference in the companies.....I think hermes attracts more locals due to the pick up shops network.....
Old 11-12-2015

Longevity: 76%

Sounds like FedEx most time they deliver in Budget truck rarely do I get fedex packages delivered in fedex truck. Thankfully most delivered by UPS or USPS. Only plus FedEx they deliver on Saturday whereas UPS does not.

They probably do it to save money but does not look professional.