A reminder not to ever call eBay - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-04-2016

Activity: 42%
Longevity: 58%
Default Re: A reminder not to ever call eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Ringing does give an eBay agent licence to look over your account and to look for links to other accounts. They will often catch things that the bots (for whatever reason) seem to miss.
Just because they can doesn't mean they do?

I think with that mindset your acting like your guilty of something. If stealth is done correctly they can't find a link so them searching would be pointless.

I've never had a rep go out of their way to search for a link on my account. The only reason they will is if you ALREADY have a linkage on your account in the first place. If you don't then there is no reason for them to go out of their way to check if your a stealth user.

That's like every time I deposit cash into my bank instead of using ATM I'm chancing them filling a report because it looks "suspicious". I think everyone with strong accounts can agree that there is NO problem calling stealth if your confident in your account and don't have any major problems.

IMHO...just saying.

The people who believe NOTHING will get done by calling in will get exactly what they think. If you have the mindset that your chancing a account overview and they might find a linkage then there's probably a reason why your paranoid of it. The people who call in knowing they get actual benefits out of it don't have issues. There would be NO reason for some users to say there is nothing wrong with calling in if you are confident in your account.

Last edited by solefoodbk; 01-04-2016 at 05:37 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandnewboss View Post
You're right, wich is why I always have plenty of backups besides you can't even make 30k+ a month without a tax I'd number.
What is hard about a tax number? You know you are legally allowed to have an unlimited amount of them in the USA? You can get a new tax number at least every single day if you choose but if you really need, you can get multiples under some circumstances such as one LLC and a Trust, etc...basically different types of entities.

Plus you have a variety of other options to handle the tax situations such as other country accounts as well. Most countries don't have such limitations.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
brandnewboss (01-04-2016)
Old 01-04-2016

Longevity: 49%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
What is hard about a tax number? You know you are legally allowed to have an unlimited amount of them in the USA? You can get a new tax number at least every single day if you choose but if you really need, you can get multiples under some circumstances such as one LLC and a Trust, etc...basically different types of entities.

Plus you have a variety of other options to handle the tax situations such as other country accounts as well. Most countries don't have such limitations.
I've always looked at my accounts like a pack of cigarettes, just smoke each one till they're gone, I'll have to start looking into making some long term accounts with tax Id..
Old 01-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,209 Times in 4,005 Posts
Activity: 35%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
That's like every time I deposit cash into my bank instead of using ATM I'm chancing them filling a report because it looks "suspicious". I think everyone with strong accounts can agree that there is NO problem calling stealth if your confident in your account and don't have any major problems.
While I do agree with that, I still just wait personally for the increase to come automatically.

Automatic increases seem to come monthly when an account gets to a strong position.

When calling they can still request docs/invoices ect even without there being a link. It really does just depend on the rep you speak to sometimes.

I practise a low risk stealth method, which works for me. Others may want to ring in every 30 days, and they can do that. But its just important to know that eBay can ask for docs, invoices, proof of postage ect when phoning at anytime. By not phoning I eliminate that risk

All comes down to personal preference really.

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 01-04-2016 at 05:51 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
BigCJ (01-04-2016), solefoodbk (01-04-2016), yankee (01-04-2016)
Old 01-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandnewboss View Post
I've always looked at my accounts like a pack of cigarettes, just smoke each one till they're gone, I'll have to start looking into making some long term accounts with tax Id..

If you have a good selling staple items that can be relisted over and over and have good till cancelled successful BIN listings then long term accounts are the way to go. Just automate everything. Focus on sales and shipping and not making listings.

On my items I have one or two of, they go on small stealth accounts. When I buy out businesses and they have 2 of these and 5 of these, etc...they go on non verified stealth accounts.

But my everyday sellers end up on mega accounts. It makes everything easier. Just make sure you have backup accounts doing the same thing just in case. Run them until tax limited. You can add an EIN at any time if so you choose.
brandnewboss (01-04-2016)
Old 01-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 62%

Quote:

How do u get a tax id every day? I have a sole prop, one for a lifetime. For tax Id on llc, it costs 800 bucks a year for California alone.
Old 01-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier922 View Post
How do u get a tax id every day? I have a sole prop, one for a lifetime. For tax Id on llc, it costs 800 bucks a year for California alone.
They are free on the IRS website. You can take up to two years to file with a state and you have 50 options to choose from....
Old 01-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
They are free on the IRS website. You can take up to two years to file with a state and you have 50 options to choose from....
Tried it already, asked at my local Oakland, ca office, wouldn't let me do it. I can only get one ein per person in a lifetime, unless you're an llc, but that would cost 800 bucks per year here in California.
Old 01-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Tried it already, asked at my local Oakland, ca office, wouldn't let me do it. I can only get one ein per person in a lifetime, unless you're an llc, but that would cost 800 bucks per year here in California.
I already answered you but I will again.
You are allowed at least one EIN a day from the IRS. You have up to two years to file with A STATE and you have 50 states to choose from.

$99 or $800 that is how it works. Lots of good states to choose from. I like WY, FL, NV and IN has some cheap startup options too.
Personally, CA is not a state I will do business in. I happen to live in one of the worst states almost as bad as CA and I do use LLC in MA for my tax advantages and write offs, although I do very little business in MA. Basically covers most of my expenses such as auto, much of my travel, passes income to Real Estate that I get taxed at a lower rate, pays for internet, cell phones, etc...

Next is, who the heck cares about a $800 business fee? MA companies are $500 every year plus taxes...even if you endure a loss. It is a cost of doing business and a very small one at that.

If you are not going to think and operate like a business, why are you in business at all? Rhetorical really. Just something to think about.
Old 01-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I already answered you but I will again.
You are allowed at least one EIN a day from the IRS. You have up to two years to file with A STATE and you have 50 states to choose from.

$99 or $800 that is how it works. Lots of good states to choose from. I like WY, FL, NV and IN has some cheap startup options too.
Personally, CA is not a state I will do business in. I happen to live in one of the worst states almost as bad as CA and I do use LLC in MA for my tax advantages and write offs, although I do very little business in MA. Basically covers most of my expenses such as auto, much of my travel, passes income to Real Estate that I get taxed at a lower rate, pays for internet, cell phones, etc...

Next is, who the heck cares about a $800 business fee? MA companies are $500 every year plus taxes...even if you endure a loss. It is a cost of doing business and a very small one at that.

If you are not going to think and operate like a business, why are you in business at all? Rhetorical really. Just something to think about.
That's 800 dollars per ein, that's y, unless your accts can last that long, your acct might not even make enough money the first month, before buyers open some type of request, and several requests open, bye bye acct, and there goes your 800 bucks plus all the accountants u had to talk to on the phone for hours..
Old 01-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
That's 800 dollars per ein, that's y, unless your accts can last that long, your acct might not even make enough money the first month, before buyers open some type of request, and several requests open, bye bye acct, and there goes your 800 bucks plus all the accountants u had to talk to on the phone for hours..
lol
Well, you only add an EIN to accounts you are making $$$, have received the second request or have been limited for selling 200 items and 20K and accounts you know that are going to last.

Let me put it this way, If you are not selling thousands of items and tens of thousands of dollars, you most likely would be better to spread sales. You would not even need that many accounts to do it.
Old 01-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

and I have to mention again, you have 49 better options than CA.... It is not very hard for you to open a NV for say $100 and for some reason you also missed that YOU HAVE TWO YEARS to file with the state.

That is two freakin years to determine if you even want to file and in what state to do so. The first two years is FREE and if you loose the account or decide a company is not for you, you don't even file and close the EIN.

Not rocket science to operate a good account, but business and owning companies certainly is not for everyone.
rsot (01-04-2016)
Old 01-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,950 Times in 8,241 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Wait for automatic increases - build new accounts - lot of options to relaxfully get more accounts going
Old 01-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
and I have to mention again, you have 49 better options than CA.... It is not very hard for you to open a NV for say $100 and for some reason you also missed that YOU HAVE TWO YEARS to file with the state.

That is two freakin years to determine if you even want to file and in what state to do so. The first two years is FREE and if you loose the account or decide a company is not for you, you don't even file and close the EIN.

Not rocket science to operate a good account, but business and owning companies certainly is not for everyone.
Hmmm, way too much work, and complicated. Much easier to report your sales independently, and concentrate on creating new accts. seems like the older the acct, the quicker it falls.
Old 01-04-2016

Quote:
the older the acct, the quicker it falls.
That doesn't make sense...

It can't become old if it falls quickly...
The Following User Says Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
yankee (01-04-2016)
Old 01-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Hmmm, way too much work, and complicated. Much easier to report your sales independently, and concentrate on creating new accts. seems like the older the acct, the quicker it falls.
Ohhhh. Ok.

It really depends on YOU and what YOU are selling.

As for work, how lazy can one be? I mean, it does take at least 2 minutes, LOL and you can have your CPA do it for you. Good riddens. I mean, common man.

and report your sales as a sole proprietor? The MOST taxed entity possible with the maximum amount of liability? I will gladly keep my 15% self employment tax that you will be paying and double my deductions with a company. Thanks for the advise, but I would rather keep my money.

A LOT of times being cheap costs you A LOT more in the long run. But if you offer crappy service or sell items that keep on killing your accounts, you dont have much to work with anyways. Turn and burn away my friend
Old 01-04-2016

Quote:

When calling they can still request docs/invoices ect even without there being a link. It really does just depend on the rep you speak to sometimes.

For the record I wasn't talking about just limit raises.

There is 100's of reasons to call in when sales are getting pushed threw the account regularly.

I understand your point though.
The Following User Says Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
yankee (01-04-2016)
Old 01-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
While I do agree with that, I still just wait personally for the increase to come automatically.

Automatic increases seem to come monthly when an account gets to a strong position.

I practise a low risk stealth method, which works for me. Others may want to ring in every 30 days, and they can do that. But its just important to know that eBay can ask for docs, invoices, proof of postage ect when phoning at anytime. By not phoning I eliminate that risk

To be fair James, the UK and US are different beasts. Personally, out of hundreds of limit increase requests on dozens of accounts, I've only had ONE request for docs. Its well known that the UK is a lot more strict in some areas, and I would imagine doc requests are there as well.

I don't suggest taking advice from members in other countries without the proper research. If you're in the UK, Italy, Australia, Japan, etc etc, definitely do your research. Try calling in a couple of new accounts, something thats brand new with low limits to start, and see how that works. THEN, once you have an idea of how it works, figure out if it's worth the risk in YOUR country. Better yet, right your own post on your specific country! Give others info.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
nyc (01-04-2016), solefoodbk (01-04-2016)
Old 01-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

Or u can have one llc and report it independently as such and get your 15% tax rate, rather than paying 800 bucks per ein per acct. that's just bad advice.
Old 01-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Or u can have one llc and report it independently as such and get your 15% tax rate, rather than paying 800 bucks per ein per acct. that's just bad advice.

What are you talking about? You have completely lost me. Nothing you state is logical or makes any sense.

Did you even read this thread?
I'm not going to bother responding at this point. It is pointless. You clearly did not even read the thread.
Old 01-04-2016

Longevity: 68%

Personally I'd avoid all phone contact with eBay prior to 90 days first sale, but 90 days and solid performance, I see little to no risk in calling eBay.

Needless to say if you call eBay with a lot of defects/sketchy things going on at the time like OP, you're probably going to open yourself up to human review and raise a lot of red flags.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mitsu For This Useful Post:
GhostOfAmazon (01-05-2016), nyc (01-04-2016)
Old 01-04-2016

Good point GOA.

I know at least UK was facing tougher scrutiny with paypal and id requests so that's a valid statement.