A reminder not to ever call eBay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-15-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default A reminder not to ever call eBay

On my real account I called to speak with a technician about an issue I was experiencing with the interface. That was worked out.

About 45 minutes later I received a call from eBay, telling me they would be restricting my account because there were too many cases open.

A week previously my account was suspended for being under 18, my listings were taken down and all my sales were removed. Of course, I am not under 18 and this was just a completely random suspension. About 30 cases were opened in a period of 3 days after that suspension even though I had it removed within 12 hours. I respond to the cases with a few hours of buyers messaging me so I have 0 awaiting my action almost always, and about 20 awaiting buyers action.

After being told they would be restricting my account, I explained the situation last week. The representative apologized and told me that because this was a unacceptable mistake on eBays end he would definitely NOT be restricting my account. I hung up.

12 hours later my account was restricted without notice.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: A reminder not to ever call eBay

He probably decided not to suspend you personally, then you got hit with an automated suspension. That really sucks..

A lot of people around here are huge fans of calling eBay. I guess it depends on the situation though.

Anyway, really sorry to hear that. Hopefully you have backups?
Old 11-15-2015
Threadstarter  

I haven't built back ups yet that can handle quantities of 20-30 orders of day ranging in the $600 range. Those are going to take at least 3-4 months to build although I have about 10 I am selling on. I am definitely working on my stealth today because it definitely needs more attention paid to it.

I am calling in tonight to try to get it resolved after I fulfill all my outstanding orders so whoever I talk to has no outstanding issues they can point to but the 20 open cases that have been awaiting buyers responses for 3-4 days.
Old 11-15-2015

Longevity: 57%

This matter will get resolves since it was an error on their part
Old 11-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Haha, it would be nice if it were that easy Kristy.. Most of the time eBay would not look past the 20 cases, even if they were caused by an unjustified suspension. They're too busy to look into details like that. In my opinion OP's account is toast.. but we shall see.

@OP - 20 cases for $600 items? I hope they don't all demand refunds since the listing was removed. You'll probably get at least 3 or 4 people wanting their money back. Some eBay buyers view a listing removal as a chance to capitalize.

Anyway good luck resolving all of that and calling in. It's possible!
Old 11-15-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Haha, it would be nice if it were that easy Kristy.. Most of the time eBay would not look past the 20 cases, even if they were caused by an unjustified suspension. They're too busy to look into details like that. In my opinion OP's account is toast.. but we shall see.

@OP - 20 cases for $600 items? I hope they don't all demand refunds since the listing was removed. You'll probably get at least 3 or 4 people wanting their money back. Some eBay buyers view a listing removal as a chance to capitalize.

Anyway good luck resolving all of that and calling in. It's possible!
About 15 of those 20 cases were delivered and only opened because the buyers saw their opportunity to get their money back with my suspension. The others I lost access to their details because of the suspension.

Oh, to make things worse, I am providing a service (not a problem according to eBay policy, but nonetheless a service)
Old 11-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
This matter will get resolves since it was an error on their part
Not a given.

Never trust ebay. Gven what the OP said about his selling plan, possibly remote.

Old 11-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero123 View Post
About 15 of those 20 cases were delivered and only opened because the buyers saw their opportunity to get their money back with my suspension. The others I lost access to their details because of the suspension.

Oh, to make things worse, I am providing a service (not a problem according to eBay policy, but nonetheless a service)
I didn't think you were allowed to sell services of any kind on eBay. How do you provide a tracking number for a service?

You could possibly resolve the cases which you "lost access to" by retrieving the buyers' information in Paypal. In the past when I've had listings removed I've had to refer to the P/P transaction to get the shipping address. Then I'll upload tracking info to P/P, since it can't be done in eBay once the listing is gone.
Old 11-15-2015
Banned

Longevity: 52%

If you followed the forum from the beginning, you wouldn't have to post this in the first place.
Old 11-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

OP is failing in customer service, blames "scam buyers" and then makes the assumption that "calling eBay" is why his account was suspended.

OP: It doesn't matter "why" 20+ cases were opened in 3 days. ANYONE, eBay, Amazon, hell, freaking iOffer, seeing 20+ cases in 3 days is going to suspend your account. They have bots that pick up on this activity....some random rep didn't just suspend you after discussing "technical issues". Your account was already flagged, the phone call simply happened around the same time.

I suggest you look into your customer service, delivery of orders, and/or products offered....in this case, eBay isn't at fault....you are.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
BiN4RY (01-04-2016), ebaypdllc (11-17-2015), james13v (01-05-2016), solefoodbk (11-22-2015)
Old 11-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Suggest you read the forums and learn from others.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...ay-search.html
Old 11-15-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post
OP is failing in customer service, blames "scam buyers" and then makes the assumption that "calling eBay" is why his account was suspended.

OP: It doesn't matter "why" 20+ cases were opened in 3 days. ANYONE, eBay, Amazon, hell, freaking iOffer, seeing 20+ cases in 3 days is going to suspend your account. They have bots that pick up on this activity....some random rep didn't just suspend you after discussing "technical issues". Your account was already flagged, the phone call simply happened around the same time.

I suggest you look into your customer service, delivery of orders, and/or products offered....in this case, eBay isn't at fault....you are.
Think you might have scanned over my post and missed the part about eBays original suspension which caused the 20 cases, not my customer service.

I have been in this game for over 3 years, I don't need any more advice, my objective is to offer a little help to newbies to the forum. I am gald I was able to do this with this post.
Old 11-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 16%
Longevity: 91%

Makes no difference what caused those cases. At least not to ebay.
And no that phone call was not the reason for the suspension as others have noted. The account never stood a chance given the circumstances.
Just cut your losses and move on. That's the whole point of stealth. You DID have backup accounts ready to go right?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (11-17-2015), GhostOfAmazon (11-15-2015)
Old 11-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
Makes no difference what caused those cases. At least not to ebay.
And no that phone call was not the reason for the suspension as others have noted. The account never stood a chance given the circumstances.
Just cut your losses and move on. That's the whole point of stealth. You DID have backup accounts ready to go right?
Anyone who has been under a rock for the past 6 months:

slokor was my BIGGEST critic and the most adamant fanatic about NEVER calling eBay in recent past.

Him agreeing with me is akin to the NSA giving up spying.

OP: You're an idiot. You did SOMETHING shady to tip off eBay. They didn't suspend you because you called them.
Old 11-16-2015
MU

I have got the same problems, the same lesson for me, never call ebay if there is way to solve problems without call i would just go on..
Old 11-16-2015
MU

it is ok to call them on a stealth account right
Old 11-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

WTF did all you high and mighty long-time members jump on OP's ass for? You guys have obviously misread the OP's original post. He wasn't asking a question, or trying to start an argument, he was just sharing his experience. Regardless of how "shady" his selling practices are, none of your posts help at all...
Old 11-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
WTF did all you high and mighty long-time members jump on OP's ass for? You guys have obviously misread the OP's original post. He wasn't asking a question, or trying to start an argument, he was just sharing his experience. Regardless of how "shady" his selling practices are, none of your posts help at all...
Because he's posting blatantly FALSE and MISLEADING INFO!

It would no different if I was using my cell phone to tether for internet, then I got suspended, and said: "HEY! NOBODY USE CELL PHONE TETHERING, YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE SUSPENDED!"

Of course, this is bull****. But several people might believe me, and thus go on not to use a very valuable tool, simply because I blamed my own stupidity on something else.

Here's a very recent thread where members with a LOT more knowledge and experience agree: Calling eBay does NOT result in account suspension.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...ay-search.html
Old 11-17-2015

Longevity: 49%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAmazon View Post

I was thinking the same thing: This is why I never believe anyone when they say it wasnt their fault for suspension. 20 cases open yet he feels calling ebay was the reason. 20 cases is A LOT even for a month. Get a handle on your sales. Good luck
Old 11-17-2015

Longevity: 56%

Wow some really jumped up nasty internet warriors on this thread! Directly insulting the OP and calling him an idiot for sharing his experience and thoughts, that's really cool...
Old 11-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiroshi View Post
Wow some really jumped up nasty internet warriors on this thread! Directly insulting the OP and calling him an idiot for sharing his experience and thoughts, that's really cool...
He's not an idiot for posting experiences, he's an idiot for drawing incorrect conclusions based on zero evidence.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostOfAmazon For This Useful Post:
ilovemonti (01-07-2016)
Old 11-21-2015

Longevity: 49%

OK looking at the original question, overall would you say it is better to communicate with ebay via a phonecall or by email?