Top rated seller NEW criteria - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Top rated seller NEW criteria

Hi guys,

I have seen and had emails as no doubt most of you have about the NEW eBay top rated seller criteria.

In short it seems they are making it easier to obtain and then keep the hard earned top rated seller status.

They are judging on two criteria points now instead of the 7 as before.

Having glanced at it, it seems to be a positive move for sellers.

This kicks in in February 2016.

Any thoughts on this?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-18-2015
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 90%
Default Re: Top rated seller NEW criteria

Just to confirm the reason I am interested in this is because I am currently working for a corporate client I have sold on the idea of eBay.

Having designed their company website and linked in with all the social media to give them an online presence I then suggested that they sell all of their surplus stock.

(They have a large yard area with literally thousands of items scattered about)

So having set up the eBay which has generated an awful lot of interest both online and many new 'walk ins' through the door the top rated seller status is something of interest to the company director.

The main reason is the 10% in fees but also the improvement in search position.

I am able to avoid most disputes with buyers as I am able to offer them something as a 'sweetener' to ensure all transactions run smooth, even with the real difficult ones and that it pains me to do so.
Old 11-18-2015
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

It certainly will be easier to achieve and maintain top rated status. It's a shame that the saving is only 10% these days.

I think it will be a positive move for sellers.

I like how you can check your dashboard and it shows you how you would be performing if the new standards were in place now. I don't remember them doing this when they introduced the 'defect' system.
Old 11-18-2015

Longevity: 63%

Depends on what you sell, if you can send most things tracked and throw money at any disputes, TRS is not a problem and for you to keep.

IMHO, it is a shame really, for example, one of my competitor who is on 96.x% feedback when the new system kicks in, he will also have TRS like I do and there is nothing for buyers to differentiate from good and bad. Although the feedback score is still visible I believe..it wont matter anymore as then there is only the price that matters to buyer and all the title, pictures and etc etc are all similar and "doable" by each and everyone really....
Old 11-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom View Post
Depends on what you sell, if you can send most things tracked and throw money at any disputes, TRS is not a problem and for you to keep.

IMHO, it is a shame really, for example, one of my competitor who is on 96.x% feedback when the new system kicks in, he will also have TRS like I do and there is nothing for buyers to differentiate from good and bad. Although the feedback score is still visible I believe..it wont matter anymore as then there is only the price that matters to buyer and all the title, pictures and etc etc are all similar and "doable" by each and everyone really....
I hear you, but some of their criteria HAD TO GO! Here in the US (I don't know if it is the same in the UK) sellers are penalized if the items does not arrive on time, even if the tracking number shows the seller shipped the item on the SAME DAY it was ordered. A few of my accounts got hit lasT Christmas over this and lot their TRS status. How on earth am I supposed to control postal delays?
Old 11-21-2015

Longevity: 49%

I agree with you Jeffweico, we do have the same criteria as you in the US, and as we know buyers just file cases for anything and even it is not our fault, we just keep getting penalised.

As for the customers not knowing the good from the bad, I think the feedback is more than sufficient for them to know who's who.
Old 11-22-2015

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac2409 View Post
As for the customers not knowing the good from the bad, I think the feedback is more than sufficient for them to know who's who.

I hope you are right, I also hope it affects the "Best Match" positioning too.
Old 11-22-2015

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 58%

Not really excited about having to offer 30 day returns though...
Old 11-22-2015

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 58%

To go off of what Jeff said too I've had cases get opened for "item not received" when its only been 4-5 days since their order. Generally they do this if the post office doesn't scan the package or their is a delay.

Of course once this case is opened it affects our account regardless if they get it on time. This is a good part of the updates that are coming..
Old 11-23-2015
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,547 Times in 2,200 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

the new criteria I think is going to be a very positive change.
what I'm hoping is that since they show what our status is going to be in February, any accounts that's below standard will be given a grace period till that time
Old 11-23-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

its a positive change, no matter how you look at it.

The current/old measuring system is backwards and retarded. No cases should be counted against a person who can resolve a case with customer being happy with the outcome.

In reality, the ONLY thing that should count against a seller is a case where buyer and seller can't reach an agreement- Thats when eBay really needs to protect the buyer. Everything else that they do now is not protection, but harassment and Hitler'esque torture camp for sellers.

Basically, everything should be so that I could throw money at a problem for it to go away