Best first category to post in to get high listing limts? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-19-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
Default Best first category to post in to get high listing limts?

I`m trying get at least good number on limts for a fresh account in suggests?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%
Default Re: Best first category to post in to get high listing limts?

Gardening or office supplies is about as low risk as it gets... However don't expect to make any money selling just for feedback in these categories!
Old 11-19-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Ummm... I have been creating stealth accounts for six years, and I can tell you that the listing category has no bearing on the limits your account will get. In fact, I never list anything when creating a seller account. I have experimented with that, but reached the conclusion long ago that it made no difference.

My original thought was that I might get high selling limits if I browsed high dollar categories, such as Rolex watches, industrial equipment, high end home-theater stuff, etc. I was just as likely to get a 5/500 when I did that than I was if I browsed for dog food.

And I would recommend NOT listing anything when setting up a seller account on eBay. But if this is what you REALLY want to do, then stay away from any high risk categories, such as Jewelry, Electronics, DVD's, Software, etc.

Much more important is the quality of the phone number (and whether it has been used with eBay before) the quality of the IP address, the physical world address (if someone there has an eBay account and has behaved less than honestly) and the name you choose. The quality of the credit card you use to verify the account matters too and so does the quality of your email address. If you are using a PayPal account for the verification, then it pays to have a good quality card listed on PayPal and also a bank account.

Do NOT be tempted to use someone's real information! Some people have tried this, but then you open yourself up to accusations of identity theft. It is not worth it and you won't get the limits you want most of the time anyway.

Other things that have NO affect on your selling limits are what you choose as a password, your security questions, the placement of the troll doll on your desk, etc. The time of day can also matter (so they say) but I have not been able to detect any differences. I have created accounts at 3AM and at 3PM with no noticeable differences in the resulting limits.

There is definitely an art to creating high limit accounts and doing it the right way. Because of my previous career, I have a lot of knowledge about the public record databases and how they work and that knowledge has been very helpful to me in designing my methods of creating high limit accounts. And I have done a lot of research over my six years in using stealth. That is how I can tell you that a Tracfone with a SIM card that has BLUE writing on it will NOT work to verify your PayPal account. Neither will most VOIP services. I could write pages and pages covering minor details like these.

At the end of the day, you just have to experiment and figure out what works for you. While most people will help you, I don't see anyone giving away their best tricks in this area.

Good luck!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
Atom (11-20-2015), ilcarletto (11-20-2015)
Old 11-20-2015

Longevity: 64%

Don't know. But I got mine up to 100k - £651k very quick (4 months) from 10 - £650 . Selling in "Home, Furniture & DIY" . 1 multi variation listing takes up 910 items from that allowance. Maybe that is why I got the increase .
Old 11-20-2015

Longevity: 77%

Good work Storas
Old 11-20-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by storas View Post
Don't know. But I got mine up to 100k - £651k very quick (4 months) from 10 - £650 . Selling in "Home, Furniture & DIY" . 1 multi variation listing takes up 910 items from that allowance. Maybe that is why I got the increase .
Interesting contribution storas, can't remember anybody else mentioning that they have listed in that category have to say. Sounds like you will have some substantial shipping costs for some of your items but that has obviously not held you back, great results for you.
Old 11-21-2015

Longevity: 49%

I guess one thing worth noting regarding Storas' situation is that it would have helped him a lot selling in a very low risk category, great work mind you!