Address on return label question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-17-2015

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 72%
Default Address on return label question

I am running everything through InkFrog

Question- Do I need to have all my addresses different when I print labels through Stamps.com?

Or can they all come from one address?

I think it just looks sketchy when I go to drop off all my packages at the post office with all these different addresses.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-17-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 49%
Default Re: Address on return label question

I drop off packages from multiple out of state addresses at the post office almost every day. I have used several post offices. Never once has anyone commented or even given the returns a second look.
Old 12-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 65%

Personally i use several P.O. Boxes to manage any returns, etc on eBay. Usually about 4 stealth's per Box with a generic biz name.

For all my labels I print them on eBay, since they are flat rate items I just black out return address and print out like 30 per sheet on paper and tape em over. Been doing this for years now. Yet to have a problem.

I don't have items I can afford to give away if a buyer gives and invalid address and it get returned, etc. Plus now with the return process on eBay they give out your addy so I just change the return address to generic biz name and po box. Since it is stealth and I am limited to number of items I can sell per year. In general I use 4 eBay accounts per PO Box.
Old 12-19-2015

Longevity: 73%

I also use stamps.com for all of my postage and I use my home address for the return address. We travel a lot during the summer and I've dropped off packages at post offices in different states without any problems.
Old 12-19-2015

Longevity: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDub View Post
I drop off packages from multiple out of state addresses at the post office almost every day. I have used several post offices. Never once has anyone commented or even given the returns a second look.
Same here, been doing this for years as well. Most don't even give it a first look as long as there's some kind of return address that's all they care about. If anybody ever does ask just tell them you're outsourcing.
Old 12-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I use stamps.com, and my return address is my actual address for all of my accounts. I hate eBay shipping.. there are too many USPS postage rates they don't use.

If a buyer needs to return something I tell them to use the address on the original package. This doesn't always work though (sometimes original package has been thrown away).
Old 12-20-2015

Longevity: 69%

I've been using Avery peel & stick return address labels for a couple years, just last week a lady behind the counter said to her co- worker, " it's Mr sticky label". She didn't realize I could hear her.

It got me thinking, they do have postal inspectors, & if they suspect anything they can surely contact local police. It's NOT normal business practice to have hundreds of packages with 20 different addresses in different states all covered up by a return address label.

Anyway I stopped going to that p.o. & I'm going to re-think my process.
Old 12-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 78%

Do you get along with these postal workers? I would suggest having some type of friendly relationship with them if possible. The 3 ladies that work the counter at my local post office always get a nice gift from me....including my Mail Carrier.
Old 12-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,108 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo2012 View Post
It got me thinking, they do have postal inspectors, & if they suspect anything they can surely contact local police. It's NOT normal business practice to have hundreds of packages with 20 different addresses in different states all covered up by a return address label.
Just curious, why would they contact the police?

It sounds like you think you are doing something wrong and maybe you are, but most of us are just shipping items we sold on ebay/amazon etc... Even IF police were called, what is the issue?

Just curious what your though process is.
Thanks
Old 12-20-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Just curious, why would they contact the police?

It sounds like you think you are doing something wrong and maybe you are, but most of us are just shipping items we sold on ebay/amazon etc... Even IF police were called, what is the issue?

Just curious what your though process is.
Thanks
One person shipping hundreds of items, all the address covered up with return ladles hiding 20 plus different names & addresses. (Multiple states) Yes I think it looks suspicious.
I never really thought about it until a postal worker said "it's Mr sticky label " . No I never made anyone angry with me but clearly they noticed my "sticky labels" & they have already talked about it amongst themselves.

If the post office suspects identify th@@t, they can inspect & maybe give my p.o. box info to postal inspectors or worse.
Old 12-20-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Do you get along with these postal workers? I would suggest having some type of friendly relationship with them if possible. The 3 ladies that work the counter at my local post office always get a nice gift from me....including my Mail Carrier.
I get along with them, I really rarely talk with them but clearly they took notice of my return labels & they already spoke about it amongst themselves.
Old 12-20-2015

Also, I know everyone here likes to think stealth is 100% legal but obtaining property (money) under false information is a very thin line to walk on.

Please don't all jump on me for my opinions, they are just my personal opinions,
Old 12-20-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyjump View Post
I am running everything through InkFrog

Question- Do I need to have all my addresses different when I print labels through Stamps.com?

Or can they all come from one address?

I think it just looks sketchy when I go to drop off all my packages at the post office with all these different addresses.
On your 3rd party program set a return address, with this print all your labels for your ebay accounts.
The Following User Says Thank You to xxrange For This Useful Post:
yankee (12-20-2015)
Old 12-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

If some asks why(I can not imagine anyone every would) you can tell them you ship items for people who drop ship from you, but in case of a return to sender, the item comes back to the correct place.

Or dont cover up the addresses. If you are getting a lot of return to sender packages, fixing that issue would be my approach.

Or just use stamps, endicia, ship station, infrog etc.... and not use ebay/paypal shipping.
Wish you luck finding peace of mind
Old 12-20-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Nothing is worse that Postal Inspectors. Dealing with Postal inspectors completely disrupts shipments. Postal inspectors are looking for shrinkage such as miss measured packages, low declared weights, insurance fraud and such. Then of course drugs and whatnot and the big one is postal harassment and mail box/mail tampering.

What is a police officer going to do? Open your package to see if you are a drug dealer after obtaining a warrant?

My one major question always is during these countless threads is, why are you covering up the stealth address? Do you have a lot of return to sender packages?
If so, what is the hangup and can you fix it by maybe weighting packages and buying correct postage?

Anyways, what law do you feel you are breaking? Are you breaking identity theft laws?

So, I have lunch a few times a year with my Northeast Postmasters. One in each state. We discuss how they can service me better, lower fees(slmost impossible, but sometimes they can), late drop-offs and pickups, extended relay hours during the busiest months, scan forms, and carriers.....We talk a lot about business. Never once did one ask me why I have so many return addresses or names or such.

I'm not saying you are being paranoid, but unless you are doing something illegal, I don't get what your concern is. Maybe this will help you sleep better at night. I wish you luck figuring out this possible issue.
I package correctly, use the correct postage & ship from zip code, & maybe I am being paranoid. But if you Google "obtaining property under false pretenses" you'll get many definitions from different states.
I'm not lawyer, & I don't want to have to hire one.
But if for any reason a detective got hold of a lap top with 100 different names & addresses on spread sheets of different people all all over the country selling thousands of dollars worth stuff on ebay you can't tell me they wouldn't investigate!

So from now on my shipping labels wont have return labels stuck to them.
Old 12-20-2015

Seriously though, I never thought twice about all the return labels until a. Postal worker mentioned it, since black Friday I've shipped almost 3000 items from mostly 20-30 accounts. Most of the year, especially with new accounts, a few return labels here & there is no big deal but hundreds a day? I'm definitely looking into ship station
Old 12-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Many people use return address labels on all envelopes. Your mother or grandmother might do this today when mailing a check for utilities etc...

It may not be as out of place as you are thinking.

I dont every do it, I just ship with whatever address the account has for any accounts with a hold, so I am not out of pocket shipping.

All other stuff goes from Fedex, or endicia etc... Shipstation sounds nice because you can link many accounts to it. How my stuff works, it would not help. My guys ship from paypal payments and then tracking is loaded to ebay/amazon etc... by copy paste.

How many accounts can one shipstation account handle?
Old 12-21-2015

Ship station claims unlimited ebay accounts.
The Following User Says Thank You to jojo2012 For This Useful Post:
yankee (12-21-2015)
Old 12-21-2015

I was and am friends with the ladies . for years I would mail out boxes of packages 100 or more items to scan daily then one day I noticed I was have lots of tracking that wasn't showing shipped . I contacted the PO left my number for a return call .. later in the day FEDERAL postal inspector how he introduced himself . said he had almost 1000 packages with numerous return address and names asked if they were all mine I said yep. he said what is up with all the different names and addresses . I replied I am a dropshipped . I wholesale to other sellers . they sell the item I ship using their info . he said I couldn't do that that there was forms to fill out to be a dropshipper . don't know he that was bull or not . but said I had to put my info on the packages I didn't have to use my name only one address that would relate to me .. so no worries will fix the problem he released the 1000 packages to continue on their way and since I use the white avery shipping labels to go overtop of the stealth address ... This was my experience just fyi.. everything was fine for years before some noisey SOB as popcorn Sutton would say had to look into it ..
The Following User Says Thank You to bluegrass1 For This Useful Post:
yankee (12-21-2015)
Old 12-21-2015

O one other issue is when you pay for shipping if for example you send something from florida to California but your stealth is from say Colorado then some shipping is based on location so it would charge freight from CO to cali then you drop it in the mail in florida
So to correct the problem I check mark shipping from a different zipcode then put in what zip I am shipping from so they cant say I am trying to best the system . one of the PO ladies explained this to me makes since so that might be something else to think of
Old 12-21-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrass1 View Post
I was and am friends with the ladies . for years I would mail out boxes of packages 100 or more items to scan daily then one day I noticed I was have lots of tracking that wasn't showing shipped . I contacted the PO left my number for a return call .. later in the day FEDERAL postal inspector how he introduced himself . said he had almost 1000 packages with numerous return address and names asked if they were all mine I said yep. he said what is up with all the different names and addresses . I replied I am a dropshipped . I wholesale to other sellers . they sell the item I ship using their info . he said I couldn't do that that there was forms to fill out to be a dropshipper . don't know he that was bull or not . but said I had to put my info on the packages I didn't have to use my name only one address that would relate to me .. so no worries will fix the problem he released the 1000 packages to continue on their way and since I use the white avery shipping labels to go overtop of the stealth address ... This was my experience just fyi.. everything was fine for years before some noisey SOB as popcorn Sutton would say had to look into it ..

I figured I wasn't the only one, my situation was similar but while I was not questioned they took notice that I was covering multiple names & addresses with a return label. And as the op, mentioned, shipping packages with multiple names & addresses does look sketchy. Especially when these Are home addresses.
Old 12-21-2015

I have been using the same address but different names and I don't have any issue. Only thing is provide return label. If you type on amazon then will got caught.