Re-open old account help - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-24-2015
MU

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
Question Re-open old account help

Hi, ok here's what happened to me..

Had two very successful accounts, both with about 1k FB. Had bad problems with both accounts, worse on one than the other. We'll call the worse account the female account.

EBay suspended my male account because I owed about 1.6k to PayPal, and for association with the female account.

They said if I settle my debt on my male account it would be good to go. I settled with debt collection for about 1k. I then call them went through lots of hoops and in the end they told me the male account is permanently suspended for association to the female account, even though I settled the debt. Too bad so sad.

Now my question is.. Since I settled the debt on the male account, I should be able to open a new account in that name correct? It has been about 6 months since it was permanently suspended. I have a new IP since then, new cards/bank accounts.

Also, how many accounts is it safe to run off of one IP without raising suspicion. Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Re-open old account help

No, absolutely not. Any accounts you create in that name will now be linked to your old account/s. It may not happen immediately, but they will be linked very quickly..

You're gonna need a stealth account
Old 12-25-2015

Longevity: 59%

You'd figure, like in the US credit system, after 7 years your old "Debt" would be wiped away and you could have a clean slate.

Cot damn eBay!
Old 12-25-2015
MU
Threadstarter  

Well my male account does have excellent credit. And the debt has been paid in full, so that isn't an issue. The only problem was the association with the old account. I completely denied an association with the female account, said it was a public IP. I have a new IP address now anyways. Any one else have any ideas if I can open a new account in that name since the debt has been cleared..?

Also about my other question.. Does anyone know how many IP's you can safely run on one IP address without raising any suspicions? I'm talking about clean good accounts with all positive FB. Anyone?
Old 12-28-2015

Longevity: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zophis View Post
Hi, ok here's what happened to me..

EBay suspended my male account because I owed about 1.6k to PayPal, and for association with the female account.
I am a bit confused here. Did you owe money to eBay or Paypal? Was that money the eBay fees you did not pay, or the charge back from Paypal that was not covered by your bank's fund?

When you said you want to open a new account with the same name, do you mean eBay or Paypal?

Whatever happened, here's my suggestion:

For eBay, you can use ANY name and address, as long as it's not the same as the suspended account. The eBay name and address can easily be changed once your account is mature and has good reputation. I have been with eBay for more than 15 years and I have changed names and addresses on many different eBay accounts without problem. And I figure that it doesn't really matter what name or address you use because it has nothing to do with tax reporting. What matters is your account's performance (good feedback rating, good standing). So don't worry about what name or address you use for eBay, just pick anything and you can change later.

For Paypal, it's different. Because Paypal reports your income to the IRS, it's not easy to change name and you will eventually need to provide your tax ID. If you use a corporate tax ID, it's a whole lot easier because you can apply for a different corporate name and different tax ID, but it costs some money. If you just plan to use your own name and SSN, then it only possible if you have not had any problem with Paypal. The stealth guide suggests using LLC, you may want to consider that as well.

Note that you do not have to use the same name for both eBay and Paypal, you can have mismatched name. I suggest you use mismatched but similar names. For example, if you use "Bob David" for Paypal, use "Robert David" or "Rob David", etc. Once everything is good and mature, you can merge them to the same name.