Pay to get dropshipping database? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-27-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Pay to get dropshipping database?

What do you guys think about paying to get a drop shipping database?

I've been doing a lot of drop shipping but want to increase my listings. I found some website where I can access drop shipping databases for a one time big fee.

Should I save time and spend the big bucks or do the hard work and find reputable drop shippers myself?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 31%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Pay to get dropshipping database?

With some research you can nearly always find the same websites online yourself

You can spend the money, but you would still need to be careful who you trust. People selling these lists are unlikely to vet all the drop sellers in much detail.
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
ithelps (12-27-2015)
Old 12-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Get out of dropshipping immediately! You have absolutely no control over your business.

Buy a small order of whatever you are dropshipping. Build profits and build buying power, just like any other business. Dropshipping operations are doomed from the get go. You have no idea what your supplier is sending your customers.

The list you referred to sounds like a scam. Buy at your own risk. I recommend getting out of dropshipping.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
ithelps (12-27-2015)
Old 12-27-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Get out of dropshipping immediately! You have absolutely no control over your business.

Buy a small order of whatever you are dropshipping. Build profits and build buying power, just like any other business. Dropshipping operations are doomed from the get go. You have no idea what your supplier is sending your customers.

The list you referred to sounds like a scam. Buy at your own risk. I recommend getting out of dropshipping.
I'm only doing dropshipping right now because I have a limited amount of space where im currently living and it is convenient for me.

I've been a couple of times already with dropshipping so I've been a lot more careful.

I do plan on getting out of dropshipping though.
Old 12-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I understand you have to do what you have to do, it's just way too unstable to be a viable business model. Drop-shipping adds TONS of unnecessary stress and you can lose a lot of money if you aren't careful. If you're really in USA (which GB says you are not), you can rent a storage unit for cheap. Anything is better than your business being at the mercy of your supplier.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
ithelps (12-27-2015)
Old 12-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithelps View Post
What do you guys think about paying to get a drop shipping database?
Do it, ignore everyone here....Do it! and don't just pay for 1 or 2 but pay to get them all! do not leave any behind! Again, please go forward with your plan....No one here has it down like you do.
Old 12-27-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I understand you have to do what you have to do, it's just way too unstable to be a viable business model. Drop-shipping adds TONS of unnecessary stress and you can lose a lot of money if you aren't careful. If you're really in USA (which GB says you are not), you can rent a storage unit for cheap. Anything is better than your business being at the mercy of your supplier.
GB is just some guy that been stalking me from day 1 on this forum. I think he knows where I live now.

The storage unit is a great idea. I've seen them before and they are cheap. Thanks.

Yeah, when I first started out doing drop shipping some guy were shipping out pirated Microsoft offices. I had to refund all my buyers and I was at a lost with shipping charges. Some customers were okay with their pirated software so I just took the money from that dropshipper to cover my shipping charges and blocked his skype. He wasn't going to get his 60% share.
Old 12-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

You were paying him a percentage after delivery? Now that's a reputable drop-shipper. Most will make you pay them, then they ship the item to your buyer. If he was fronting you, you should have taken all you could get on the front, lol.
Old 12-27-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
You were paying him a percentage after delivery? Now that's a reputable drop-shipper. Most will make you pay them, then they ship the item to your buyer. If he was fronting you, you should have taken all you could get on the front, lol.
Yeah he ships and I pay him 60% after the sale within a few weeks. I ran with a couple of hundred because he endanger my ebay account which is now banned (not because of him). Ebay is just stupid.
Old 12-27-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Do it, ignore everyone here....Do it! and don't just pay for 1 or 2 but pay to get them all! do not leave any behind! Again, please go forward with your plan....No one here has it down like you do.
I'm ignoring no one. I read all of your comments. I just have nothing to say back so I move on with the next reply.
Old 12-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I'm ignoring no one. I read all of your comments. I just have nothing to say back so I move on with the next reply.
I'm just trying to help you....
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (12-28-2015)
Old 12-27-2015

Longevity: 49%

I think you'd be better off selling drop shipping databases.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ebay-Wholesa...sAAOxyVLNSwdF1

Last edited by brandnewboss; 12-27-2015 at 09:13 PM.
Old 12-27-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
I'm just trying to help you....
Well I didn't find your help helpful...
Old 12-27-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandnewboss View Post
I think you'd be better off selling drop shipping databases.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ebay-Wholesa...sAAOxyVLNSwdF1

wow....... lol
Old 12-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I have often written here about why I do not like Dropshipping, in general. And while my views have not changed, SOME PEOPLE can make it work. If you are willing to screen your vendors carefully, step up to take care of your customers and issue refunds when necessary and keep in constant contact with your vendors when problems come up, it CAN work for you.

Why I am generally against it, is that it attracts people with big dreams and very little money. As soon as something goes wrong, they want to disown any responsibility for it and tell their customers to take up the issue with their dropshipper. Of course, as far as your customers are concerned, the dropshipper has NOTHING TO DO WITH IT! They purchased the product from YOU and they want YOU to solve the problem. And when it goes south, eBay and PayPal are left holding the bag, so to speak, because the seller disappears.

However, done the right way, by the right people, it CAN work. But a financial cushion is a must and it is absolutely CRITICAL that you have the ability to separate the scammers from the real drop-shippers. In many cases, those drop-shipping websites don't have any merchandise to sell, they are acting as a middleman between YOU and the REAL drop-shipper. By adding so many links to the chain, it is nearly impossible to get things shipped quickly enough to satisfy your customers. And when problems come up, it turns into one giant game of "hot potato" as they all try to pass the buck.

You have to forget about scam sites like DOBA and Worldwide Brands. I have seen both of them, and you are going to have a VERY tough time making money using those sites. Their "stock status" is more like wishful thinking, and you will end up having to cancel orders, even though when you looked at the product 2 days ago, it said there were 20,000 in stock.

On DOBA, I was looking up the price for a movie called 1408, which had been out for a year or so, it was NOT a "hot new release". I could have it sent to my customers for a total cost of $12.95. The problem is, there were 10 people selling it on eBay for $4. When I questioned DOBA about it, they gave me a bunch of BS about their s being the best price for a wholesale quantity of 1 item. But that is the whole PURPOSE of drop-shipping, to be able to purchase the item at a cost that will allow you to make a profit. Nobody is going to buy from you for $19.95 when they can get it for $4 at eBay or Amazon.

There ARE a couple of places that I am willing to share for REAL sources of wholesale merchandise. The first is from a guy named Skip McGrath. He has been on eBay for over ten years and has written extensively about it and he publishes a list of REAL wholesale sources, many of whom drop-ship. And he does not charge you $299 for his list or force you to subscribe to some monthly club. Check out his website, he has many FREE resources and also some paid ones that have good, real information but are reasonably priced. I do not personally know him, but I met him at a convention in Las Vegas once. I do not benefit in any way if you buy from him. His website is: Sell Online with eBay or Amazon - Tool, Tips, Resources

Another resource that mainly specializes in AUTOMATING the listing process for people who want to drop ship is https://www.wholesale2b.com/dropship-datafeed-plan.html They are mainly selling a system that that gives you data feeds allowing you to update quantities and pricing for several different drop-shippers automatically. You can get access to their site for free to check out the various companies they work with and you can see pricing with most of them. All without spending a single penny. And if you decide to go with that company, it might be worth the $20 or whatever it costs these days for the data feeds, because they could save you a ton of time removing, adding and updating your listings. It definitely helps to avoid cancellations which eBay and Amazon deplore.

A few other nice resources are:

888lots.com

Wholesale Central - Directory of wholesale products

Wholesale Closeouts Liquidations - Closeoutcentral.com

Not everything on these sites is about dropshipping, but you will find many legitimate vendors there. There is no need to pay for these ridiculous wholesale lists that are usually worthless or sign up for programs designed to automatically charge you every month until the end of time (because just TRY to cancel!)

I am not affiliated with any of these websites or links.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (12-27-2015), ithelps (12-27-2015), jumbotron (05-08-2016)
Old 12-27-2015
Threadstarter  

For me, there is less risk in drop shipping because I make the dropshippers come to me. I make them wait 2 months before they can receive their funds and I make them do 50/50. Except, they wait for their funds.

DOBA is interesting. When I got my real ebay account banned. I had an hour lecture from eBay and that dumb employee (who got me banned from the limit dept) recommended DOBA as a legitimate drop shipping source.

Thanks for writing all of that. It was helpful. I was actually regarding to worldwidebrand when I started the thread. I was following that for a while but wasn't sure if I should spend 500$ at the time due to mixed reviews. I guess I won't be paying anyone for a drop shipping database.

I don't only drop ship though. I also sell stuff that I stock.
Old 12-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Well I didn't find your help helpful...
Old 12-28-2015

Longevity: 56%

google amazon.com

£50 please
Old 12-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
The storage unit is a great idea. I've seen them before and they are cheap. Thanks.

Yeah, when I first started out doing drop shipping some guy were shipping out pirated Microsoft offices. I had to refund all my buyers and I was at a lost with shipping charges. Some customers were okay with their pirated software so I just took the money from that dropshipper to cover my shipping charges and blocked his skype. He wasn't going to get his 60% share.
Storage units are nice. Pirated software is not.
Old 12-28-2015

Longevity: 63%

go for it it might work it might not
Old 12-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_ebay View Post
google amazon.com

£50 please
actually that is probably the best one out of them all!

the thing I noticed when doing comparisons, was that so many people use the same dropshippers, and the prices are too cut-throat...

if you do not want to go the wholesale route you can shop around in sales or get vouchers, you can get a few in quantity and then dropship until the deal lasts...and have some in reserve for extra orders.....the only problem is most of them add invoice to parcel, and even a gift invoice shows retailer name, so you need to know who doesnt and those are few and far between.....

....actually if anyone in uk wants to swap retailers names that do not add invoice then pm me....as I only know of a couple....
Old 12-28-2015

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
actually that is probably the best one out of them all!

the thing I noticed when doing comparisons, was that so many people use the same dropshippers, and the prices are too cut-throat...

if you do not want to go the wholesale route you can shop around in sales or get vouchers, you can get a few in quantity and then dropship until the deal lasts...and have some in reserve for extra orders.....the only problem is most of them add invoice to parcel, and even a gift invoice shows retailer name, so you need to know who doesnt and those are few and far between.....

....actually if anyone in uk wants to swap retailers names that do not add invoice then pm me....as I only know of a couple....
I've been doing it for a month or 2, I made a thread on it a while back. Been following a 'course' that is all amazon-ebay. Amazon don't include a invoice but it comes in a amazon box, I just tell them I use fba if they ask, sure I'll get a neg sooner or later though.
Its different to selling in bulk, you don't try to aim to sell certain products quickly, I have 1000+ products listed now and get 25-30 sales per day.