Below Standard Projection.. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-07-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 49%
Thumbs down Below Standard Projection..

I only started selling on eBay again a few months before christmas and it got really busy fast and a lot of the items sold out really quickly so I put them as pre-order and stated they would be shipped within 5 working days while I waited for stock however a lot of customers didn't read descriptions and left me negative feedback saying delivery was slow etc.

Anyways I received 4 negative feedbacks, as well as about 150 positive feedbacks and I think 2 neutrals within the last 2-3 months. I just looked at my projected seller performance for the end of January and its below standard. At the moment its Above standard. What can I do to quickly change this? I don't know exactly how it works but do eBay kick you off if you stay below standard for over a month or is there any sort of timeline? I am going to try and get the people who left negative feedback to change their feedback to positive and one of them have already agreed so maybe if I offer them a discount or something the others will also agree.

I know its my own fault for selling pre-order items as I know eBay buyers are notorious for not reading listings but any help will be appreciated, really don't want to lose this account as I've had it for 6 years now.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-07-2016

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: Below Standard Projection..

You have this account for 6 years but you only started selling on it again just before Christmas, how long was the break?, coming back to selling near Christmas you must have known was going to bring you problems, the busiest time of the year tends to do that especially if you are returning from a break.

eBay policy stated that just before Christmas postal delays would be covered by them and they would remove neg feedback, the same with weather conditions affecting deliveries.

You might try buying in some items you know will sell really quickly, sell them with not to much of a markup just to make sure they move speedily, and that way hopefully you will get quick positive feedback to offset some of those neg and neutral feedbacks.
Old 01-07-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Defects are based on transactions. The more you sell WITHOUT PROBLEMS the faster and lower those defects will be. I would sell to your limits, ship instantly, etc...
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
HAHlala (01-07-2016)
Old 01-07-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
You have this account for 6 years but you only started selling on it again just before Christmas, how long was the break?, coming back to selling near Christmas you must have known was going to bring you problems, the busiest time of the year tends to do that especially if you are returning from a break.

eBay policy stated that just before Christmas postal delays would be covered by them and they would remove neg feedback, the same with weather conditions affecting deliveries.

You might try buying in some items you know will sell really quickly, sell them with not to much of a markup just to make sure they move speedily, and that way hopefully you will get quick positive feedback to offset some of those neg and neutral feedbacks.
Well I started selling again in October, I have sold on and off for 6 years because I also sell on my website which takes up most of my time but I was planning on coming back to eBay full time.

Most of my defects came from postage time and buyers opening item not received cases due to them being later than they had hoped. So will eBay cover me for this?

I've just been able to get another customer to change their feedback by offering them a discount so hopefully with getting a few more of them to do that it might lower my defect percentage. Thanks for your help!
Old 01-07-2016

Longevity: 67%

I went projected below standard back on Nov 1st with over 250 cases INR cases opened against me in 1 month, 12% defect rate.

Most people told me, that account is toast good-- say goodnight... the month is a blur, but I managed to appease eBay by doing what I know they love best: the customer. I basically refunded everyone who had late shipping AND shipped their item for free (my items are not very expensive, but still a pretty big lost-- but this account was worth saving).

I sent everyone who left me negative a short but sweet message explaining the situation, letting them know the package was shipped for free, and kindly asked them to consider revising the feedback once everything checks out (over 80% did).

I ran 20-30% sales and basically sold as much as I could before the 20th, when I was going to be evaluated below standard, and I shipped every single order same-day.

Now the 20th came, and there I was, below standard-- I expected a suspension letter at any minute for the next 6 days, but then... "Keep it up! You're on track to exceed new minimum performance requirements that go into effect on February 20, 2016. To recognize your progress, we've upgraded your seller level to Above Standard in USA"

The account is still live and doing well. Mistakes happen, but when mistakes happen on eBay people tend to forget they really care about 1 thing: customer happiness. When you mess up, do EVERYTHING in your power make buyers who complained, happy (offer them something free, maybe a small gift card, anything, if you can't out-right refund them)

Respond to the feedback letting everyone know you did EVERYTHING in your power to make that buyer happy, and apologize.

This doesn't apply to an account you can afford to lose, I would never work that hard for that, but if you feel the account is worth fighting for, don't abandon it until eBay gives you the word 'Indefinite', there's usually a way.

But that whole situation taught me how bad it is to rely on one eBay entity for income-- I got too comfy and boom, almost lost my main source of income. The best you can take from things like this is ALWAYS have multiply stealth accounts, and always be maturing some in the background while you run 3-4 main ones.
Old 01-07-2016

Longevity: 56%

you can't stop it going below standard unless you get some defects removed. January evaluation will be based on your oct,nov,dec sales so it will either stay the same or get worse
Old 01-07-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_ebay View Post
you can't stop it going below standard unless you get some defects removed. January evaluation will be based on your oct,nov,dec sales so it will either stay the same or get worse
I don't really know how it works with going below standard as its never happened to me. Can you get kicked off for just being below standard for 1 month? Or what usually happens?
Old 01-07-2016

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAHlala View Post
I don't really know how it works with going below standard as its never happened to me. Can you get kicked off for just being below standard for 1 month? Or what usually happens?
your listings go to nowhere in the search results, you'll be lucky to get 10% of the sales.

whats the % at? I've not had any banned but they've all been below 7% or so
Old 01-07-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_ebay View Post
your listings go to nowhere in the search results, you'll be lucky to get 10% of the sales.

whats the % at? I've not had any banned but they've all been below 7% or so
Oh really? thats not good. I'm at 5.90% so if I manage to get some people to change their feedback I could get out of it I think..
Old 01-07-2016

Sounds like your account is screwed. You may be able to keep the account to buy stuff but i think your selling is over. make a few stealths to sell with instead.
Old 01-07-2016

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger Box Man View Post
Sounds like your account is screwed. You may be able to keep the account to buy stuff but i think your selling is over. make a few stealths to sell with instead.
good advice- pay off your negatives with the offer of a full refund if they change feedback or try and get some feedbacks removed by chat (although that is really hard now)
Old 01-08-2016

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAHlala View Post
Oh really? thats not good. I'm at 5.90% so if I manage to get some people to change their feedback I could get out of it I think..
Just make sure that the buyers u try to get and change feedback did not do something else to give a defect.

1 buyer can only count as one defect, but if they left a negative and also opened a case, and than they change the negative feedback to a positive your still left with a defect from their case.

Complicated

What is your projected rating for February?? This is important, because when the new system comes in affect and if you are still below standard than you may be toast .