Can someone please give me a straight answer for this question please???? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-10-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Can someone please give me a straight answer for this question please????

Hi guys, I called and spoke with an eBay rep but he did not seem to know what he was talking about..so hopefully I can get a straight answer from one of you guys.
Here is the situation:
My defect report is currently at 5.75% and I am trying to get it down back to below 5% so that I can become "above standard."
I am selling a ton of small items and should be back in the green by the next evaluation on Jan20th. Heres my concern.
My search visibility currently sucks since my defect report is below standard.
Once I get it to above standard..for example 4.9%..will my search visibility go back to normal right away? I believe a representative I spoke wth before stated that it would go into effect right away as soon as the evaluation is done and my rating is back above standard.
I need to have a certain answer to this so I know how much inventory to purchase once I get back to above standard.
Does the search visibility go back into effect right away or do I need wait a certain period for it go back to normal?

I REALLY APPRECIATE ANY ANSWERS ON THIS ..THANK YOU.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: Can someone please give me a straight answer for this question please????

New listings might have normal visibility. Old listings might take a while.

I dont think anyone has a good and straight forward answer.

Auctions almost always will preference no matter what your standards are. Ending soonest and ones with bids will always perform. Not sure if that helps you or not.
Old 01-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Can someone please give me a straight answer for this question please????

I don't think anyone will be able to answer definitively since eBay's algorithms are complex. But in my experience, every defect you get hurts your search result ranking and it can take several weeks to get back to where you were before in the search results.
Old 01-10-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I don't think anyone will be able to answer definitively since eBay's algorithms are complex. But in my experience, every defect you get hurts your search result ranking and it can take several weeks to get back to where you were before in the search results.
I do understand that every defect received hurts your search result ranking, but my main question is if my evaluation on Jan 20th gets approved for above standard (<5%), would search visibility go back to normal the VERY next day if I were to list a bunch of new Buy it now listings the day after evaluation?
Thnx
Old 01-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I honestly can't say for sure since there are so many unknown factors that determine search rank. Also I do not know what you define as normal results. I do not think your listings would return to the top the very next day. eBay re-indexes their search results every few days so you may go up, but I don't think you will go to the top unless you are selling in a niche with no competition.
Old 01-10-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I honestly can't say for sure since there are so many unknown factors that determine search rank. Also I do not know what you define as normal results. I do not think your listings would return to the top the very next day. eBay re-indexes their search results every few days so you may go up, but I don't think you will go to the top unless you are selling in a niche with no competition.
I sell in a highy saturated market, but I am consistently the cheapest price and offer free shipping as well. I take a smaller margin tradeoff for the volume.
I guess I will start with what I currently have in stock to "test the waters" and then tread form their.
Thanks for the replies. Its appreciated.
Old 01-10-2016

Longevity: 60%

All your sales right dont matter to the evaluation on Jan 20, since it will be based on October - December inclusive. What you need to do is have the feedback revised/removed at this point.

With the sales you are doing right now, it will only assure that once you become Below Standard on Jan 20, your February 20 evaluation will be Above Standard but that also wont matter since the new policy be will introduced.

Concentrate on your previous customers who have left you negs/low stars