eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Are ebay/paypal/amazon reading this forum? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/93467-ebay-paypal-amazon-reading-forum.html)

incniu 01-29-2016 10:23 AM

Are ebay/paypal/amazon reading this forum?

What can they do?

lol

username1 01-29-2016 06:17 PM

Re: Are ebay/paypal/amazon reading this forum?

Yes. They do.

Mitsu 01-29-2016 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by username1 (Post 742954)
Yes. They do.

Basing that on...?

dicsolovag 01-29-2016 06:46 PM

Why would they not? If you had a large public company with exposure to 100s of millions of people/customers worldwide, and you knew that people are going around your rules, what would you do?
Would you have a team of peeps gathering intel on a forums(s) where your 'enemies' are talking about how to trick you?

GreenBean 01-29-2016 06:57 PM

Did this not occur to you back in 2010 when you joined?

:violin:

JamesNorth101 01-29-2016 07:04 PM

:spy::spy::spy::spy::spy:

:yar::yar: to eBay and Amazon employees.

Chances are a few are knocking about.

Maybe they can contribute?!

yankee 01-29-2016 07:32 PM

I have a buyer from Russia and Belarus that keep buying my items and paying for them. One buyer with several accounts all registered in Ukraine, Belarus and Russia. Same name and I know the person well.
The problem is that I can not ship these items to these countries. The buyer knows this but....

I call ebay to figure out how he keeps buying. They tell me he has multiple accounts in multiple countries and uses a USA IP to get around my selling restrictions. Ebay told me that websites exist to teach people how to do this to get around these systems etc..
So, for sure without any doubt, ebay/paypal/amazon/esty etc...are all here learning what we know.

k_lock 01-29-2016 07:37 PM

Well, since I'm "friends" on Facebook with an eBay rep, you can funnel any questions through me and I can ask. It never hurts to ask. The worst he can say is NO. Or, yikes, unfriend me!

empirestate 01-29-2016 07:40 PM

It's not hard for them to find this forum. It ranks pretty high in SEO. I'm sure they know and spy here for several years now.

Mitsu 01-29-2016 07:53 PM

Aspkin (or whomever has access to the analytics of this site) would be the only who really knows, anyone else saying they do is just here-say or assumptions. Unless they were using VPNs to come here... :pound:

Here are my some stats for some of my eb auctions... if eb/pp/ama visits you the ISP will be the company name.

http://i.imgur.com/hKURR8W.jpg

slokor 01-29-2016 08:12 PM

They obviously know about this place and since its an open forum its a simple matter to register and become a member.
That being said the fact that theyre not preventing any of the methods or activities listed here leads me to believe they either dont bother to do so or simply do not care - otherwise all methods of creating high limits account would be shut down and verification would be required for any new account asking to sell more than 5 items as it is created.

danshan 01-29-2016 08:42 PM

ebay and PayPal love stealthers it is like a big money tree they can pluck anytime they want and keep the money. They also boost their shares by saying they have an additional zillions members but really it is 8 guys with 100000 stealth accounts each

GreenBean 01-29-2016 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danshan (Post 742991)
ebay and PayPal love stealthers it is like a big money tree they can pluck anytime they want and keep the money. They also boost their shares by saying they have an additional zillions members but really it is 8 guys with 100000 stealth accounts each

You do know that we already have one here?

eBay Suspension & Paypal Limited Forums - View Profile: ithelps

Has 10000 accounts, give or take those unjustly taken by ebay/paypal. :FF:

Make sure to read the signature... And bow

:smash:

k_lock 01-29-2016 09:15 PM

is THAT what he is????

I just thought he was here for comic relief.

gushi 01-30-2016 04:13 PM

If you think from a different angle - this place helps ebay. More accounts = more selling = more money for ebay.

So why should they bother?

mao 01-30-2016 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gushi (Post 743205)
If you think from a different angle - this place helps ebay. More accounts = more selling = more money for ebay.

So why should they bother?

People abusing the system, frauding people in ⊗⊗⊗⊗ names and running it for us honest stealthers

dicsolovag 01-30-2016 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mao (Post 743210)
People abusing the system, frauding people in ⊗⊗⊗⊗ names and running it for us honest stealthers

Just becaus someone is selling under a stealth name, why would he/she ruin it for you??? That's so dumb to say.

Many sellers were forced to go stealth and sell under a different name as eBay shut them down for some stupid reason they have...

Mitsu 01-30-2016 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dicsolovag (Post 743217)
Just becaus someone is selling under a stealth name, why would he/she ruin it for you??? That's so dumb to say.

Many sellers were forced to go stealth and sell under a different name as eBay shut them down for some stupid reason they have...

Because people take stealth concept and do things like this [EBAY LINK]:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...rid=bowdegelis

Which in turn can make it harder for legitimate sellers, who want to offer good products and good service, harder for them to play the stealth game. It's still fairly easy to stealth (at least in the US) but if enough scum do things like this, eBay can easily add more layers of complexity to get a stealth account up and running.

dicsolovag 01-30-2016 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitsu (Post 743224)
Because people take stealth concept and do things like this [EBAY LINK]:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...rid=bowdegelis

Which in turn can make it harder for legitimate sellers, who want to offer good products and good service, harder for them to play the stealth game. It's still fairly easy to stealth (at least in the US) but if enough scum do things like this, eBay can easily add more layers of complexity to get a stealth account up and running.

I agree with you, this is sad. However, there has always been scam artists, there still are and will be. Many sell on Craigslist trying to scam others.

I wonder about one thing though: How could that person list all those high-risk items so quickly on a new account? That account was registered in mid-November 2015, so it was fresh...???

yankee 01-30-2016 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dicsolovag (Post 743253)

I wonder about one thing though: How could that person list all those high-risk items so quickly on a new account? That account was registered in mid-November 2015, so it was fresh...???

You can do anything if you dont care if the account lasts. I am sure the paypal and ebay account was made in such a way so no holds occurred, they sold very quickly and sent the money or withdraw to a prepaid, etc...

Mitsu 01-30-2016 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dicsolovag (Post 743253)
I agree with you, this is sad. However, there has always been scam artists, there still are and will be. Many sell on Craigslist trying to scam others.

If I had to guess, they listed 1 high-risk item, got limited, called in and got it lifted, then maxed out their 5 listings.

dicsolovag 01-30-2016 09:32 PM

The thing is is someone is so criminal, theoretically Paypal could trace the person based on the checking account. Unless someone is using a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ID when opening a checking accounts... I guess anything goes when scammers are rolling...