2016 Seller Update - Late Shipment - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-22-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%
Red face 2016 Seller Update - Late Shipment

First off just want to say a big thanks to everyone who posts and keeps this group running. After I lost my accounts last year I thought I was done for but thanks to this site I now have 3 top rated seller accounts up and running wonderfully!

Now, is there anyway to get around these "Late Shipment" defects on the accounts? I live in Canada and most of my customers are from the US. I get all my packages to the post the next day but because of postage delays I'm getting defects on my account. I think this is beyond dumb on eBay's part seeings as there's really no way for a seller to control the speed of this post office.

I'd like to know if anyone has had any luck getting around this or if there's a trick somewhere I'm missing that might help me avoid this as much as possible!

Thank in advance everyone!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-22-2016

Longevity: 67%
Default Re: 2016 Seller Update - Late Shipment

Late delivery defects are added to your account when a tracking number is scanned delivered AFTER the date given to the buyer, so the only way to get around is to increase the estimate delivery date range.

The options that I know of for that would be;

increasing handling time, though you'll lose the TRS discount if you're getting it.

change your shipping service to one that has a large range (such as the 'Economy Shipping' service)

Both lower your best match ranking, as things that have a shorter delivery range generally show before yours =/
The Following User Says Thank You to Mitsu For This Useful Post:
pirate1122 (02-23-2016)
Old 02-26-2016

Longevity: 79%

From what I was told,t hey don't count international shipping in their late shipment defect. Are you sure you are getting dinged?
Old 02-26-2016

Longevity: 48%

I think the best solution for delayed shipments is increasing either handling time or delivery time. maybe both.
Old 02-27-2016

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 58%

Actually a VERY easy way to get "late shipments" removed is simply telling eBay there was a storm during the time the package got shipped.

For instance there was a blizzard on the east coast that hit on Feb. 1. Any sale within 5 days of that can qualify because if you figure any package leaving or entering the east coast could have been affected by it.

Now do I really think my packages got delayed because of the storm? No. But it works and everything else in my dashboard is excelling except this area.
Old 02-27-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

@OP - I posted something very similar to the point you're making yesterday. I love, but also hate the new standards. While they may be more objective they are also much harder for a seller to control.

Mitsu hit the nail on the head. All you can do to get the late shipment rate down is to somehow extend the date eBay is estimating for your customers, either by claiming you're using another shipping service or by increasing your handling time.

James13v, international shipments have their own metrics in your seller dashboard. Meaning you could feasibly be Top Rated in USA but Above Standard internationally.

@solefood - A few weeks ago when that storm hit I got messages from eBay on all of my accounts saying defects caused by USPS service disruptions would not be counted. How many times have you actually used this excuse to get defects removed? It would be really easy for an eBay rep to go to USPS.com and verify the service disruption you're claiming, but I don't know if they would go to such lengths..
Old 02-28-2016

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
@solefood - How many times have you actually used this excuse to get defects removed?
Well 2 due that storm. I have had to call back to get the other 2 she was supposed to do.

You honestly think reps know that message? I don't recall getting it and I'm on the east coast. How many policies do they NOT know? ALOT!

By the way I've called twice and gotten a total of 14 removed. Alot of it is just assuming the rep doesn't know the policy like we do. Most reps are stupid, or just choose to play dumb on the phone. BTW, this works great with the international reps, maybe not here in the US. I've yet to figure out why sometimes it always phones the international reps and vice versa, but oh well..

The more I call the more this rings true. Pun intended.

Last edited by solefoodbk; 02-28-2016 at 01:58 AM.
Old 03-04-2016

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
@OP - I posted something very similar to the point you're making yesterday. I love, but also hate the new standards. While they may be more objective they are also much harder for a seller to control.

Mitsu hit the nail on the head. All you can do to get the late shipment rate down is to somehow extend the date eBay is estimating for your customers, either by claiming you're using another shipping service or by increasing your handling time.

James13v, international shipments have their own metrics in your seller dashboard. Meaning you could feasibly be Top Rated in USA but Above Standard internationally.

@solefood - A few weeks ago when that storm hit I got messages from eBay on all of my accounts saying defects caused by USPS service disruptions would not be counted. How many times have you actually used this excuse to get defects removed? It would be really easy for an eBay rep to go to USPS.com and verify the service disruption you're claiming, but I don't know if they would go to such lengths..
Pretty sure you can only be top rated in only one country?