new ebay seller standards 2016 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-23-2016
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 30
Thanks: 12
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
iTrader: (0)
Default new ebay seller standards 2016

Hello

Does new eBay seller standards counts negative feedback against you because I do not see that under seller standards?

If so what would happen if your feedback rate is at 97% does Paypal start holding your money back again for 21 days?

Thank You
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 03-10-2016
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 16
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: new ebay seller standards 2016

Well per my dashboard....here are the latest metrics they measure you on.

1) defects
2) late shipment rate
3) cases closed without seller resolution - whatever s* that means. lol. (oh well that is a completely different story in my case)
4) tracking uploaded and validated on time
5) transactions and sales

It takes just one and only one to pull you down. I am top rated in every one except defects (barely breached their gospel 2%) and guess what ? I am below standard I am now treated as a newbie, funds on hold for 21 days garbage like that.

Interestingly your feedback can be anything I guess. 100% or 80%. Looks like it does not matter.

Last edited by ebay3434; 03-10-2016 at 08:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-10-2016
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,410
Thanks: 242
Thanked 1,594 Times in 1,075 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: new ebay seller standards 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebay3434 View Post
I am top rated in every one except defects (barely breached their gospel 2%) and guess what ? I am below standard .

You need to get your items delivered by the expected delivery date, you do not want to cancel orders, and if a case opens up resolve it right away, do not have eBay step in on disputes.

Thats the criteria that you are rated on every month, they want sellers to be able to fulfill all orders , have orders delivered on time and if there are any issues, eBay wants the seller to resolve it quickly.

Its very straightforward, you are now rated on customer service basically which is in the sellers control and not rated on feedback which is more feelings, sellers are rated on facts now
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
samspalace (03-10-2016)
  #4  
Old 03-10-2016
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 210
Thanks: 1
Thanked 25 Times in 23 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: new ebay seller standards 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Its very straightforward, you are now rated on customer service basically which is in the sellers control and not rated on feedback which is more feelings, sellers are rated on facts now
This is true for most aspects of the new standards.

The fact remains though, that once I hand my package to a shipping service, it is no longer in my control, yet still is factored into my rating.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-10-2016
phaz0rz's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 10,832
Thanks: 2,073
Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,006 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 42%
iTrader: (2)
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: new ebay seller standards 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWHendo View Post
This is true for most aspects of the new standards.

The fact remains though, that once I hand my package to a shipping service, it is no longer in my control, yet still is factored into my rating.
Believe me, I know the struggle. But the fact is the seller is still at fault for a late shipment because the seller chose the shipping service. On eBay the customer belongs to the seller and it's the seller's responsibility to take care of the customer (unlike AZ where the customer belongs to AZ).

The late shipment metric is killing me as many of you know. But I still understand why they've chosen to include it. If sellers aren't held responsible for late shipments they have no incentive to prevent late shipments in the future. The varying degrees of customer service buyers receive on eBay is a big part of why many buyers have started going to Amazon, rather than eBay.

eBay is simply trying to force sellers into uniformity, in regards to customer service. Adapt to their new rules or get off the site.. it's still there house
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-10-2016
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,943
Thanks: 398
Thanked 351 Times in 278 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: new ebay seller standards 2016

I agree with phaz0rz.

I tried convincing a rep to remove my "late shipments" considering my shipments scanned on time is 100% but late shipment is around 3.5%. The simple fact is if you say you have 1 day handling and it's not in transit by the 2nd day your at fault. It's not like USPS doesn't scan the packages in a timely fashion, they do.

The only part that is truly out of our control if there is a delay while in transit. At the end of the day, we choose our shipping service. There has to be some accountability. So although it's a tough metric, it's nessacary. For a lot of sellers it KILLS there account but for me it dents mine. They cant just make selling too easy because then people take advantage and it goes back to the crappy system we had before. This just weeds out the lazy sellers...

Last edited by solefoodbk; 03-10-2016 at 02:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-10-2016
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 904
Thanks: 141
Thanked 306 Times in 204 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: new ebay seller standards 2016

feedbacks so 2013, have a account on 97.5% top rated and one on 99.6% below standard
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-10-2016
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,943
Thanks: 398
Thanked 351 Times in 278 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: new ebay seller standards 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_ebay View Post
feedbacks so 2013, have a account on 97.5% top rated and one on 99.6% below standard
Excellent point!

I'm starting to think TRS is a waste of time & effort. Last invoice I saved about $100. But starting May we also have to have 30 day return policy....screw that. The effort it takes to maintain a strong TRS is simply not worth it. Maybe if your selling cheap easy to ship, easy to cut the cost and refund items then TRS is still worth it but not for me.

I still have 1 TRS account but come May, good riddens.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-10-2016
phaz0rz's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 10,832
Thanks: 2,073
Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,006 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 42%
iTrader: (2)
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: new ebay seller standards 2016

TRS saved me right around 449.66 last billing period on my account being threatened.. I'm terrified of losing it but "late shipments" seem to be making it inevitable. I might be calling in on the 18th trying to get some removed from my defect report.

I don't think the TRP badge gains you many sales but it helps give the illusion of a good reputation, which helps deter would-be scammers..

@solefood - my "tracking uploaded and validated by carrier" metric is also at 100% but "late shipment" is now at 3.01%. It sucks. Every single order on my "late shipment" report was late because of USPS delays. I devote myself to getting all of my orders MOVING within 24 hours. I'm not a lazy seller by any means but I'm being penalized for using USPS, when eBay knows there are no economical alternatives. Dicks.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-10-2016
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 113
Thanks: 43
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Activity: 7%
Longevity: 41%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: new ebay seller standards 2016

If you don't want your order late, use 1-10 days economic instead of 2-6 days first class shipping.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-11-2016
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 16
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: new ebay seller standards 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
You need to get your items delivered by the expected delivery date, you do not want to cancel orders, and if a case opens up resolve it right away, do not have eBay step in on disputes.
I agree with what you said and it is good that they are rating based on facts but they are also holding you to the highest standards sometime beyond ridiculous - It is outrageous that they expect the sellers to accept a brand new TV or an expensive cell phone because buyer is a crook or changed their mind. No one offers such service - not even Walmart or Best Buy or Amazon.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-11-2016
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 16
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: new ebay seller standards 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
Excellent point!

I'm starting to think TRS is a waste of time & effort. Last invoice I saved about $100. But starting May we also have to have 30 day return policy....screw that. The effort it takes to maintain a strong TRS is simply not worth it. Maybe if your selling cheap easy to ship, easy to cut the cost and refund items then TRS is still worth it but not for me.

I still have 1 TRS account but come May, good riddens.
I never offered returns for that same reason. Not even 14 day return was too much trouble the way I saw it. I know I was loosing out on the 20% but it was just not worth it. When a buyer sees "returns accepted" I believe they will change their mind more often than not. With 30 day return period - you know it will be even worse
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-11-2016
phaz0rz's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 10,832
Thanks: 2,073
Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,006 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 42%
iTrader: (2)
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: new ebay seller standards 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebay3434 View Post
I never offered returns for that same reason. Not even 14 day return was too much trouble the way I saw it. I know I was loosing out on the 20% but it was just not worth it. When a buyer sees "returns accepted" I believe they will change their mind more often than not. With 30 day return period - you know it will be even worse
You are wrong, and exactly the opposite is true.

I have 60 day returns on all of my listings because it adds to my credibility. When a scammer sees a seller who won't accept returns, they instantly know the seller lacks customer service skills and knows it's a good seller to target.

Back when I started I had "no returns" on all of my listings and I was eaten alive by people demanding to return things at my expense. When you don't give a buyer an option to return things at their own expense, they open a case against you, period. Once they open a case against you there's a good chance eBay will side with the buyer (they always do) and you lose all around.

Trust me, I know returns are a pain in the @$$. But if you want profitable accounts you have to learn how to satisfy the needs/wants of your income source (your buyers).

The customer is always right and it's your job to kiss their butt

Just my $.02, haha
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-15-2016
james13v's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,294
Thanks: 649
Thanked 442 Times in 345 Posts
Activity: 14%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: new ebay seller standards 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
You are wrong, and exactly the opposite is true.

I have 60 day returns on all of my listings because it adds to my credibility. When a scammer sees a seller who won't accept returns, they instantly know the seller lacks customer service skills and knows it's a good seller to target.

Back when I started I had "no returns" on all of my listings and I was eaten alive by people demanding to return things at my expense. When you don't give a buyer an option to return things at their own expense, they open a case against you, period. Once they open a case against you there's a good chance eBay will side with the buyer (they always do) and you lose all around.

Trust me, I know returns are a pain in the @$$. But if you want profitable accounts you have to learn how to satisfy the needs/wants of your income source (your buyers).

The customer is always right and it's your job to kiss their butt

Just my $.02, haha
I've been saying this for so long. What a backwards world where people think having " no returns" actually means no returns. Not only will they will return the item, they will do so in a way that will HURT YOU.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Seller update 2016. Time of relief epimetheus039 eBay Discussion! 69 03-06-2016 10:26 PM
2016 Seller Update - Late Shipment nickjames_1092 eBay Discussion! 7 03-04-2016 09:15 AM
New Seller Standards for Feb 2016? HAHlala eBay Discussion! 3 01-08-2016 09:45 PM
New seller performance standards notice shani1212 eBay Suspensions 3 04-17-2014 08:00 AM
EBay Update Seller Standards Chris Hanson eBay Discussion! 8 08-17-2007 05:01 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58