new ebay seller standards 2016 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-23-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default new ebay seller standards 2016

Hello

Does new eBay seller standards counts negative feedback against you because I do not see that under seller standards?

If so what would happen if your feedback rate is at 97% does Paypal start holding your money back again for 21 days?

Thank You
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-10-2016

Longevity: 47%
Default Re: new ebay seller standards 2016

Well per my dashboard....here are the latest metrics they measure you on.

1) defects
2) late shipment rate
3) cases closed without seller resolution - whatever s* that means. lol. (oh well that is a completely different story in my case)
4) tracking uploaded and validated on time
5) transactions and sales

It takes just one and only one to pull you down. I am top rated in every one except defects (barely breached their gospel 2%) and guess what ? I am below standard I am now treated as a newbie, funds on hold for 21 days garbage like that.

Interestingly your feedback can be anything I guess. 100% or 80%. Looks like it does not matter.

Last edited by ebay3434; 03-10-2016 at 08:43 AM.
Old 03-10-2016

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebay3434 View Post
I am top rated in every one except defects (barely breached their gospel 2%) and guess what ? I am below standard .

You need to get your items delivered by the expected delivery date, you do not want to cancel orders, and if a case opens up resolve it right away, do not have eBay step in on disputes.

Thats the criteria that you are rated on every month, they want sellers to be able to fulfill all orders , have orders delivered on time and if there are any issues, eBay wants the seller to resolve it quickly.

Its very straightforward, you are now rated on customer service basically which is in the sellers control and not rated on feedback which is more feelings, sellers are rated on facts now
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
samspalace (03-10-2016)
Old 03-10-2016

Longevity: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Its very straightforward, you are now rated on customer service basically which is in the sellers control and not rated on feedback which is more feelings, sellers are rated on facts now
This is true for most aspects of the new standards.

The fact remains though, that once I hand my package to a shipping service, it is no longer in my control, yet still is factored into my rating.
Old 03-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWHendo View Post
This is true for most aspects of the new standards.

The fact remains though, that once I hand my package to a shipping service, it is no longer in my control, yet still is factored into my rating.
Believe me, I know the struggle. But the fact is the seller is still at fault for a late shipment because the seller chose the shipping service. On eBay the customer belongs to the seller and it's the seller's responsibility to take care of the customer (unlike AZ where the customer belongs to AZ).

The late shipment metric is killing me as many of you know. But I still understand why they've chosen to include it. If sellers aren't held responsible for late shipments they have no incentive to prevent late shipments in the future. The varying degrees of customer service buyers receive on eBay is a big part of why many buyers have started going to Amazon, rather than eBay.

eBay is simply trying to force sellers into uniformity, in regards to customer service. Adapt to their new rules or get off the site.. it's still there house
Old 03-10-2016

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 58%

I agree with phaz0rz.

I tried convincing a rep to remove my "late shipments" considering my shipments scanned on time is 100% but late shipment is around 3.5%. The simple fact is if you say you have 1 day handling and it's not in transit by the 2nd day your at fault. It's not like USPS doesn't scan the packages in a timely fashion, they do.

The only part that is truly out of our control if there is a delay while in transit. At the end of the day, we choose our shipping service. There has to be some accountability. So although it's a tough metric, it's nessacary. For a lot of sellers it KILLS there account but for me it dents mine. They cant just make selling too easy because then people take advantage and it goes back to the crappy system we had before. This just weeds out the lazy sellers...

Last edited by solefoodbk; 03-10-2016 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-10-2016

Longevity: 56%

feedbacks so 2013, have a account on 97.5% top rated and one on 99.6% below standard
Old 03-10-2016

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_ebay View Post
feedbacks so 2013, have a account on 97.5% top rated and one on 99.6% below standard
Excellent point!

I'm starting to think TRS is a waste of time & effort. Last invoice I saved about $100. But starting May we also have to have 30 day return policy....screw that. The effort it takes to maintain a strong TRS is simply not worth it. Maybe if your selling cheap easy to ship, easy to cut the cost and refund items then TRS is still worth it but not for me.

I still have 1 TRS account but come May, good riddens.
Old 03-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

TRS saved me right around 449.66 last billing period on my account being threatened.. I'm terrified of losing it but "late shipments" seem to be making it inevitable. I might be calling in on the 18th trying to get some removed from my defect report.

I don't think the TRP badge gains you many sales but it helps give the illusion of a good reputation, which helps deter would-be scammers..

@solefood - my "tracking uploaded and validated by carrier" metric is also at 100% but "late shipment" is now at 3.01%. It sucks. Every single order on my "late shipment" report was late because of USPS delays. I devote myself to getting all of my orders MOVING within 24 hours. I'm not a lazy seller by any means but I'm being penalized for using USPS, when eBay knows there are no economical alternatives. Dicks.
Old 03-10-2016

Activity: 12%

If you don't want your order late, use 1-10 days economic instead of 2-6 days first class shipping.
Old 03-11-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
You need to get your items delivered by the expected delivery date, you do not want to cancel orders, and if a case opens up resolve it right away, do not have eBay step in on disputes.
I agree with what you said and it is good that they are rating based on facts but they are also holding you to the highest standards sometime beyond ridiculous - It is outrageous that they expect the sellers to accept a brand new TV or an expensive cell phone because buyer is a crook or changed their mind. No one offers such service - not even Walmart or Best Buy or Amazon.
Old 03-11-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
Excellent point!

I'm starting to think TRS is a waste of time & effort. Last invoice I saved about $100. But starting May we also have to have 30 day return policy....screw that. The effort it takes to maintain a strong TRS is simply not worth it. Maybe if your selling cheap easy to ship, easy to cut the cost and refund items then TRS is still worth it but not for me.

I still have 1 TRS account but come May, good riddens.
I never offered returns for that same reason. Not even 14 day return was too much trouble the way I saw it. I know I was loosing out on the 20% but it was just not worth it. When a buyer sees "returns accepted" I believe they will change their mind more often than not. With 30 day return period - you know it will be even worse
Old 03-11-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebay3434 View Post
I never offered returns for that same reason. Not even 14 day return was too much trouble the way I saw it. I know I was loosing out on the 20% but it was just not worth it. When a buyer sees "returns accepted" I believe they will change their mind more often than not. With 30 day return period - you know it will be even worse
You are wrong, and exactly the opposite is true.

I have 60 day returns on all of my listings because it adds to my credibility. When a scammer sees a seller who won't accept returns, they instantly know the seller lacks customer service skills and knows it's a good seller to target.

Back when I started I had "no returns" on all of my listings and I was eaten alive by people demanding to return things at my expense. When you don't give a buyer an option to return things at their own expense, they open a case against you, period. Once they open a case against you there's a good chance eBay will side with the buyer (they always do) and you lose all around.

Trust me, I know returns are a pain in the @$$. But if you want profitable accounts you have to learn how to satisfy the needs/wants of your income source (your buyers).

The customer is always right and it's your job to kiss their butt

Just my $.02, haha
Old 03-15-2016

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
You are wrong, and exactly the opposite is true.

I have 60 day returns on all of my listings because it adds to my credibility. When a scammer sees a seller who won't accept returns, they instantly know the seller lacks customer service skills and knows it's a good seller to target.

Back when I started I had "no returns" on all of my listings and I was eaten alive by people demanding to return things at my expense. When you don't give a buyer an option to return things at their own expense, they open a case against you, period. Once they open a case against you there's a good chance eBay will side with the buyer (they always do) and you lose all around.

Trust me, I know returns are a pain in the @$$. But if you want profitable accounts you have to learn how to satisfy the needs/wants of your income source (your buyers).

The customer is always right and it's your job to kiss their butt

Just my $.02, haha
I've been saying this for so long. What a backwards world where people think having " no returns" actually means no returns. Not only will they will return the item, they will do so in a way that will HURT YOU.