What do you do when eBay Asks for Supplier Info - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-24-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default What do you do when eBay Asks for Supplier Info

I'm thinking of going "Un-stealth" or Neutral with some accounts. I am worried about that damn eBay though. They will limit you and ask for supplier info, etc. When sell too much or sell risky items. I do not sell risky, ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or illegal items. For this account I'm going to sell cellphone accessories which I get in bulk from china. I wouldn't mind giving eBay the china-men contact info since they are my supplier, however 1. they seem like they maybe shady (I just started doing business with them and need more history) and 2. I don't think eBay would be found of a new seller selling lots of household accessories on there site, with a unknown or Average joe "Chinese Supplier". Don't you think eBay would bully me and keep asking for more and more info until they eventually suspend me. What do you guys think about this, Basic accessories from basic Chinese suppliers. Please share your thoughts.

P.s. I don't have a basic supplier, I buy bits and pieces from where ever I can find a good price and/or fast delivery. So how would I go about explaining every supplier to eBay?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-24-2016
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,653 Times in 1,250 Posts
Activity: 26%
Longevity: 61%
Default Re: What do you do when eBay Asks for Supplier Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by technokidd1 View Post
I do not sell risky, ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or illegal items. For this account I'm going to sell cellphone accessories which I get in bulk from china
LOL sorry but this statemet contraddicts itself... anything phone related is risky, even more if it is from china.

Why do you want to go un-stealth instead of having more than one account and sell more with a low profile in ebay eyes?

As you have seen on the forum, eBay doesn't care much who you are and what you do... they might bully you for no or very negligiblee reasons.
Old 02-24-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
LOL sorry but this statemet contraddicts itself
I hate this part of the forums, explaining.

I do have multiple stealth accounts and they are all running under the radar in which case I sell multiple quantities making a nice profit.

The reason why I want to go Un-stealth with some "New" accounts. Is because I want the convenience of not switching back and forth, not burning my PC's memory on new accounts, Not managing an unnecessary amount of emails, Convenience of managing all listings under one account if they fall in the same category, and receiving all the payments on a single PayPal account without having to dish out a new one when the IRS tax limits kick in.

This is No LOL matter! There are sooo many reasons to have a Un-Stealthed Account in good standing its not even funny.

Last edited by technokidd1; 02-24-2016 at 10:42 AM.
Old 02-24-2016
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,653 Times in 1,250 Posts
Activity: 26%
Longevity: 61%

I was not LOLling at your idea of going "Un-stealth"... free to do it and I know the benefit of it.

I just found funny you are considering non risky phone related items fron china.

Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to ilcarletto For This Useful Post:
Haidukken (02-24-2016)
Old 02-24-2016

Longevity: 59%

Cellphone accessories? That's probably top of the list for risky items, I tend to just tell them the truth, if youre already selling the items and have limited the account then I just give them the invoices my supplier has given me - what have I got to lose? Its all personal choice though. You cant say you went to walmart and bought 100 iphone chargers, that's not believable.
Old 02-25-2016

Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by technokidd1 View Post
I'm thinking of going "Un-stealth" or Neutral with some accounts. I am worried about that damn eBay though. They will limit you and ask for supplier info, etc. When sell too much or sell risky items. I do not sell risky, ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or illegal items. For this account I'm going to sell cellphone accessories which I get in bulk from china. I wouldn't mind giving eBay the china-men contact info since they are my supplier, however 1. they seem like they maybe shady (I just started doing business with them and need more history) and 2. I don't think eBay would be found of a new seller selling lots of household accessories on there site, with a unknown or Average joe "Chinese Supplier". Don't you think eBay would bully me and keep asking for more and more info until they eventually suspend me. What do you guys think about this, Basic accessories from basic Chinese suppliers. Please share your thoughts.

P.s. I don't have a basic supplier, I buy bits and pieces from where ever I can find a good price and/or fast delivery. So how would I go about explaining every supplier to eBay?
Just provide the invoices from your supplier..I dont see the issue here?
Old 02-25-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retailer77 View Post
Just provide the invoices from your supplier..I dont see the issue here?
It's the Chinese connection that is problematic. OP might have to get creative.
Old 02-25-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
It's the Chinese connection that is problematic. OP might have to get creative.
Why would a chinese supplier be problematic as long as he can supply invoices?
I believe that is all ebay is concerned about...that the goods were not stolen or counterfeit? ( if thats the case then your on your own op)
There are plenty of sellers on ebay that purchase from chinese suppliers.
Old 02-25-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retailer77 View Post
Why would a chinese supplier be problematic as long as he can supply invoices?
I believe that is all ebay is concerned about...that the goods were not stolen or counterfeit? ( if thats the case then your on your own op)
There are plenty of sellers on ebay that purchase from chinese suppliers.
*cough* cellphone accessories from China? - just the two terms together "cellphone" and "China" would be a risky appearance to eB, legit or not...just saying
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
realdeals (02-25-2016)
Old 02-25-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
*cough* cellphone accessories from China? - just the two terms together "cellphone" and "China" would be a risky appearance to eB, legit or not...just saying
Yea....probably..sorry op.
Old 02-25-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 53%

It's strange how something non-big-brand is considered risky while same iPhones and other major electronics etc. are also made in China...
Old 02-25-2016
Threadstarter  

My point exactly. The most interesting thing of all is everything in the U.S. is made in china.
Old 02-25-2016

Longevity: 49%

I was in a similar situation to you once. eBay asked for invoices from my suppliers but like you I didn't really have one single supplier I had many. I made a invoice up on word document, it was very easy and very basic. An invoice isn't a legal document so its not hard to make one up. All I did was one of my main suppliers address and website address at the top and then wrote all the things I was selling on eBay and the quantity of them that I bought. It worked for me with eBay and paypal and I sent them both the same document.
The Following User Says Thank You to HAHlala For This Useful Post:
wasaby (02-26-2016)
Old 02-26-2016

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 48%

That's why it's Called Stealth !! Send them a stealth Invoice!!