This is getting a bit scary! ebay link - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-28-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default This is getting a bit scary! ebay link

Ok I run a stealth account and I am pretty clued up in how things are linked etc.
but something recently I have noticed has got me a bit worried. I have an iphone 5 as my main family and friends mobile and then a bog standard Nokia 6210 as my work (ebay contact number on my stealth account) mobile. my Iphone 5 runs the internet through my mobile service provider, O2. I specifically do not have nor ever had it connected to ANY wifi from purchase because I go home with it and dont want it linking to any of my old accounts. I have never downloaded the ebay app to this phone neither for the same reason. I do however have a facebook app on it. Now my work address is 10 miles away from my home address. I specifically leave my laptop and ipod that I use for work there. When I leave work because I run a mifi dongle as their internet connection and dont want that to link my old accounts via location services. I use my work Laptop and Ipod for my stealth account. With me so far??

Now here is the killer....

I went on the facebook app on my phone to browse my facebook feed at home this morning and in my feed was an advertisement for LED security lights and C6 clear envelope pouches on EBAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 items I have just bought on my stealth account at work!!!!!!!!!! How the hell have they been been able/let alone allowed to link them. I have made no searches on safari on my phone for these items just in case they linked. The 2 accounts are in completely different unrelated names. eBay Stealth account is in one name and my phone contract is in my name!!! HOW THE????????????????????
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-28-2016

Longevity: 62%
Default Re: This is getting a bit scary! ebay link

fb tracks for advertising their not sharing info. .no worry. Ive seen the same on mine except for amz.

Lots of apps do this..seems like a link yeah but highly doubt it would have any baring for a link.

Last edited by okay; 02-28-2016 at 07:05 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to okay For This Useful Post:
comeover (02-28-2016)
Old 02-28-2016

Longevity: 73%

I think Okay is probably right, this is through FB, BUT - consider this just as a possible leak, not necessarily related to this issue:

Your 'isolated' phone may be set to seek out any available wifi by default, to reduce the carrier's data load.

If your 'isolated' EB account is left on for some reason, then connects for any reason automatically it will show the IP as being the same as your 'home' account.

Just may want to consider this.
The Following User Says Thank You to dallis For This Useful Post:
comeover (02-28-2016)
Old 02-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums - these advertising campaigns stink but I wouldn't worry too about it for stealth purposes - all the best as you master stealth
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
comeover (02-28-2016)
Old 02-28-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 58%

Thanks guys for reassurance! i'm paranoid as hell because the account I have built up is worth gold to me! Pretty impressive stuff though amazing how its picked it up!!!