Question about new accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-26-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Question about new accounts

If I purchased an account with $25,000 limit right off the bat, and I wanted to start selling to that limits max right from the start (and selling smartphones), I know I would naturally have a category selling limit.

My question is if I provide ebay with sufficient docs, can that category limit be removed if the docs pass?

I know it's recommended to start slow and build up, but I would like to just have an answer to this question.
If the docs pass, can that category limit potentially be removed right from the start?
Because from what I understand you can remove these limits even when your a new seller if you provide sufficient docs/ID.

I may be wrong on this, so thanks for any input!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-26-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Question about new accounts

Trying to list $25,000 of items on a new account is just a really really bad idea. Common sense should tell you that really

Category limits are removed after x number of days of selling. I have never tried to remove them with documents. Maybe well be possible, but I personally think it would be a pretty fast way to get your new account limited
Old 02-26-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 17%
Longevity: 91%

Selling to capacity on a new account is very risky and will most likely land you with a suspended account. Doing so with the item sold being smartphones increases the probability to an even 100% of this happening.
Stealth is for the long term. You need patience and a long term plan for it to succeed. The category limit is a short term hurdle that will be done with naturally if you do things properly and start off slow and with low risk items.
As for Docs - any kind of contact with ebay is risky and could lead to problems. I myself never heard of anyone having their category limits removed by ebay but even if they are - what I said above applies. Youll attract way too much attention by doing what youre planning and youll get your account suspended.
The Following User Says Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
entohouse (03-27-2016)
Old 02-26-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Selling smartphones from the start is asking to be canned.
Old 02-26-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Here are some problems you will face:

• Any experienced scammer who sees a brand-new seller selling a smartphone will jump at the opportunity to rip you off.
  • In your hypothetical scenario you mentioned buying an account, so providing valid documentation would not be possible. The identity is fictional
  • You will not be able to list more than one phone per month for the first 3 months, since you can't possibly verify your stealth identity
You seem determined to create your own new stealth method though, so go give it a shot and report back! LOL. No but seriously, start slow with low-risk stuff or you will lose the account and probably some money.
Old 02-26-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Here are some problems you will face:

• Any experienced scammer who sees a brand-new seller selling a smartphone will jump at the opportunity to rip you off.
  • In your hypothetical scenario you mentioned buying an account, so providing valid documentation would not be possible. The identity is fictional
  • You will not be able to list more than one phone per month for the first 3 months, since you can't possibly verify your stealth identity
You seem determined to create your own new stealth method though, so go give it a shot and report back! LOL. No but seriously, start slow with low-risk stuff or you will lose the account and probably some money.
Thanks for the feedback phaz0rz.
What I meant was actually verifying my ID so I COULD list more than one phone per month right off the bat.....just with a little..."creativity"
Old 02-26-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Retailer77, you have been a member of this forum since last August, 2015....IF you would have made (hypothetically) 5-10 stealths and sold on all of them slowly.....by now....you would of had 5-10 accounts all selling with zero holds AND probably no limits on how many phones could be listed monthly. Something to think about.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
SilentHill (02-27-2016)
Old 02-26-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Retailer77, you have been a member of this forum since last August, 2015....IF you would have made (hypothetically) 5-10 stealths and sold on all of them slowly.....by now....you would of had 5-10 accounts all selling with zero holds AND probably no limits on how many phones could be listed monthly. Something to think about.
MM, I recently lost my account.
In aug 15th I had my regular account.
But thanks I understand your point.
Old 02-26-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retailer77 View Post
MM, I recently lost my account.
In aug 15th I had my regular account.
But thanks I understand your point.
Right, I guess what I'm trying to tell you is....work your accounts slowly, I know you hate that word....but really, start selling on your accounts. If you don't sell a thing then your never going to be where you want to be.
Old 02-26-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Right, I guess what I'm trying to tell you is....work your accounts slowly, I know you hate that word....but really, start selling on your accounts. If you don't sell a thing then your never going to be where you want to be.
Absolutely, I am in the process of creating another stealth. So I will have 2 of them setup very soon.

MM, since I will be purchasing my 2nd account from the stealth shop, would you recommend I purchase a smaller one ($500 limit), or a larger one ($25,000)?
I am trying to weight the pros and cons of each one, I figure if I go with 25k limit it's nice because I will not have to call to have my monthly selling limit increased for probably 6 months since I will need to build slow anyway.

Where the $500 limit account is more affordable, however I have no idea what I can sell in the beginning that would fill up $500 worth..other than my trade (phones)..and even if I did..and it got raised to 1k the month after, I fall into th same scenario..nothing to sell that could reach this 1k mark etc etc..

So I guess in my case the 25k account is the way to go?
Old 02-26-2016
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback phaz0rz.
What I meant was actually verifying my ID so I COULD list more than one phone per month right off the bat.....just with a little..."creativity"
I don't see how that could be done without stealing someone's identity. It's not as simple as submitting a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ID because the ID you provide will be cross-referenced against public databases before eBay validates it. Therefore it's highly improbable that would work, and you would probably end up pee-peeing away the $300 you spent on a high-limit stealth account.

We all learn from our mistakes and unfortunately there's no way of going back in time to change things. But MM78 hit the nail on the head. If you've been a member for 6 months, you should have started aging accounts 6 months ago so you didn't go out of business with the loss of a single account. You should have known it was coming considering what you sell. Your situation could have easily been prevented if you had backups. But now that you have no accounts you aren't going to be able to take shortcuts to get back where you were. You will have to slowly build up to where you want to be - that's the only option.
Old 02-26-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Absolutely, I am in the process of creating another stealth. So I will have 2 of them setup very soon.

MM, since I will be purchasing my 2nd account from the stealth shop, would you recommend I purchase a smaller one ($500 limit), or a larger one ($25,000)?
I am trying to weight the pros and cons of each one, I figure if I go with 25k limit it's nice because I will not have to call to have my monthly selling limit increased for probably 6 months since I will need to build slow anyway.

Where the $500 limit account is more affordable, however I have no idea what I can sell in the beginning that would fill up $500 worth..other than my trade (phones)..and even if I did..and it got raised to 1k the month after, I fall into th same scenario..nothing to sell that could reach this 1k mark etc etc..

So I guess in my case the 25k account is the way to go?
If you can afford the 1,000/$25,000 accounts then go with those. As far as what to sell (other than your phones)well....your gonna want to get creative in that area. What I have done is that I have a few specific items that are for making sales and feedback, meaning I don't sell these items for a "profit". Now if I make a profit then great, but these items I have are just to fill in the gaps as I sell my normal stuff.
Old 02-26-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I don't see how that could be done without stealing someone's identity. It's not as simple as submitting a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ID because the ID you provide will be cross-referenced against public databases before eBay validates it. Therefore it's highly improbable that would work, and you would probably end up pee-peeing away the $300 you spent on a high-limit stealth account.

We all learn from our mistakes and unfortunately there's no way of going back in time to change things. But MM78 hit the nail on the head. If you've been a member for 6 months, you should have started aging accounts 6 months ago so you didn't go out of business with the loss of a single account. You should have known it was coming considering what you sell. Your situation could have easily been prevented if you had backups. But now that you have no accounts you aren't going to be able to take shortcuts to get back where you were. You will have to slowly build up to where you want to be - that's the only option.
I was not aware that ebay goes into such lengths to verify photo ID because I had found many threads where people stated that they passed with fabricated photo ID easily and that ebay basically just glances at it and does not do a thorough checking. Perhaps what I read was false information though..most of this was from black hat world
Old 02-26-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
If you can afford the 1,000/$25,000 accounts then go with those. As far as what to sell (other than your phones)well....your gonna want to get creative in that area. What I have done is that I have a few specific items that are for making sales and feedback, meaning I don't sell these items for a "profit". Now if I make a profit then great, but these items I have are just to fill in the gaps as I sell my normal stuff.
Thanks, I think what I was trying to say was with a 25k account I do not need to sell as much as if I were starting with $500 account.
My impression is that if you start at $500 limits, you must meet those limits in order for them to increase to 1k the month after, basically you need to show ebay that you need raised limits.
But if i purchase the 25k account, I dont necessarily need to hit that $500 mark of 1k mark, if i just sell some items here and there and have my seller account with at least say 25 feedback by the itme 90 days is up, I can start listing phones in increments of $1,000 per month after 90 days have past.
Old 02-27-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I was not aware that ebay goes into such lengths to verify photo ID because I had found many threads where people stated that they passed with fabricated photo ID easily and that ebay basically just glances at it and does not do a thorough checking. Perhaps what I read was false information though..most of this was from black hat world
Sure, why wouldn't they?

I've heard stories like that too but never from a USA eBay user. Always from sketchy 3rd world countries where documents are easy to create.

Hell, I guess there's nothing wrong with trying it if you want. But I would definitely NOT test your theory on a $300 1000/$25000 and possibly piss away your money. Make a 5/500 for yourself and see if you can fool them with made up docs.

I sell something VERY similar to what you sell, and I've never had to do any special steps to get an account going. I know you're in a hurry but you really would benefit from taking your time and slowly building back up.
Old 02-27-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Sure, why wouldn't they?

I've heard stories like that too but never from a USA eBay user. Always from sketchy 3rd world countries where documents are easy to create.

Hell, I guess there's nothing wrong with trying it if you want. But I would definitely NOT test your theory on a $300 1000/$25000 and possibly piss away your money. Make a 5/500 for yourself and see if you can fool them with made up docs.

I sell something VERY similar to what you sell, and I've never had to do any special steps to get an account going. I know you're in a hurry but you really would benefit from taking your time and slowly building back up.
I agree, my plan is to buy a 25k account and let it grow organically, and create another non cost stealth account myself and see if the docs pass through.
Old 02-27-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Sure, why wouldn't they?

Phazorz, if you dont mind me asking, what do you sell?
The reason I ask is because I wanted to get an idea of how long you had to wait to get to a specific selling limit and if they ever at any point asked for docs?
Old 02-27-2016

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Perhaps what I read was false information though..most of this was from black hat world
Dont trust those fools. They spread alot of false info over there
Old 02-27-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 56%

Your account might get suspended as quick as you bought it. You'd best not to sell smartphones right from the jump.
Old 02-27-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Phazorz, if you dont mind me asking, what do you sell?
The reason I ask is because I wanted to get an idea of how long you had to wait to get to a specific selling limit and if they ever at any point asked for docs?

Eye Pee Immed You.
Old 02-27-2016
Banned

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
If I purchased an account with $25,000 limit right off the bat, and I wanted to start selling to that limits max right from the start (and selling smartphones), I know I would naturally have a category selling limit.

My question is if I provide ebay with sufficient docs, can that category limit be removed if the docs pass?

I know it's recommended to start slow and build up, but I would like to just have an answer to this question.
If the docs pass, can that category limit potentially be removed right from the start?
Because from what I understand you can remove these limits even when your a new seller if you provide sufficient docs/ID.

I may be wrong on this, so thanks for any input!
You cannot be more wrong, if I were eBay, I would delete you right away.
The Following User Says Thank You to empirestate For This Useful Post:
realdeals (02-27-2016)