IP address for ebay account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-19-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
Default IP address for ebay account

I am not actually selling VERO or probhibited stuff, I am selling items allowed on ebay. i just messed up on my previous account is all, can i just change the IP address once and leave it (by resetting my modem or however people are changing it)

also, would i be able to use ebay on my iphone without using the wifi from my home?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: IP address for ebay account

Yes, you can change your IP and begin using stealth accounts. Just make sure you've actually changed your PUBLIC IP before you try to do anything with eBay. Not all modems/ISP's will give you a new IP, sometimes you will have to pursue other methods of obtaining an IP.

You will never be able to use an eBay or Paypal app on your phone again. There is no way to erase the account info stored on your phone. So if you attempt to use another account with apps on your current phone, you would quickly be linked. For you to use the apps you would need a new phone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
juliawhas (03-21-2016)
Old 03-21-2016

Longevity: 47%

You can't use the apps but I'm pretty sure you can use the browser on your phone just make sure you delete the history, cookies, and turn airplane mode on and off before logging into another ebay account.
Old 03-21-2016
Threadstarter  

@pharoz Which one is the public one? Is the public one the really long one. I looked up "my ip address" on google and it showed me that one and that one is the one I changed, however when I go on other sites theres ANOTHER ip address and I can't seem to change that. Which one is the public one?
Old 03-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliawhas View Post
@pharoz Which one is the public one? Is the public one the really long one. I looked up "my ip address" on google and it showed me that one and that one is the one I changed, however when I go on other sites theres ANOTHER ip address and I can't seem to change that. Which one is the public one?
This is your public IP:
What Is My IP | Find my IP Address | Public IP Address

You need to change that. If you did -- way to go!
Old 03-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliawhas View Post
The "really long one" it shows is your IPv6 address. The migration to IPv6 from IPv4 is far from complete though so you should still have an IPv4 address as well.

Try typing "show my IPv4 address" in google. That is usually the page I save as my home page on all of my stealth VM's.

Your public IP is the IP seen by the internet, while your private IP is the IP assigned by your router for your local (home) network. If you aren't using a router and are connected directly to a modem, you won't have a private IP at all. But regardless when you type "show my IP" in google, your public IP is shown because google cannot see your private IP if you have one.
Old 03-21-2016
Threadstarter  

I think I'm probably screwed, I went to that site and it gave me the ip address that I couldn't find anywher and couldnt change. . I'm thoroughly confused as I changed my ipv6 address and through the command promopt i changed the ipv4 but on the site link given i still have the same old ip address that i cant find on my command and dont know how to change, i don't know who's right who's wrong?! the person i bought from told me i changed the right one but now i'm not sure?

when i searched on google it gave my ipv6 but when i clicked on other sites it gave me the number i cant find on my command promopt and cant change.

how long does it take ebay to suspend account linked by ip? ps i havent used the suspended account for 4+ months and also got a new laptop, probably still screwed arent i