Wish we could ban new sellers - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-21-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default Wish we could ban new sellers

Thread meant to say wish we could ban new buyers haha

The bane of my existence. I sell some more higher dollar items on stealth so its already a challenge. Nothing more annoying than a auction getting ruined by a member who just became a member of ebay yesterday. It doesnt happen as much as it used to because I ban people from bidding who dont have paypal accounts but it still happens too much. It would also cut down on so much fraud.

Whats always so crazy is they dont even try to run a scam. They bid and win then say nothing. At least give me the nigerian son spiel
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sdot10 For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (03-22-2016), easy.bake.oven (03-21-2016)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 16%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Wish we could ban new sellers

I agree wholeheartedly.
But the way Ebay sees it is very different and since youll never be covered in such an event and its no money out of THEIR pockets this situation will never change. Just one of those annoying situations all of us sellers need to deal with on ebay on a daily basis.
Old 03-21-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 94%

Well to me its the same as being able to ban someone with unpaid strikes or not in the same country. They have lots of options. Just wish this was one.
Old 03-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

Just use unpaid item assistant, relist, rinse and repeat.
Old 03-21-2016

Longevity: 51%

Here, here.. Don't see the point. Buyers with mental problems? Just plain Bordism?
Old 03-21-2016
Banned

Longevity: 73%

if its that big of a problem then stop using ebay. thought people would get the message after losing a case for the umpteenth millionth time.
Old 03-22-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

What I do, apart from plan other unpublishable options, is set the parameters to stop the pest getting one over me.

Have you thought of that?

An example would be with international shipping. On an account by account basis, I allow or block international buyers. I look at the value of MY item. I decide if they deserve to get their grubby paws on it... Do you see where I am going?
There are other choices, immediate paypal payment, & unpaid item assistant per glacier'
Where I have aged accounts I allow well chosen buyers in. BUT if my warning bells go off, you better believe how I backtrack.... Heehee.

When all else fails, refer to mah opening sentence.... Heehee. Again

Control from the get go....

Last edited by GreenBean; 03-22-2016 at 02:06 AM.
Old 03-23-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%

It is unfortunate because in the earlier years of eBay you could have a requirement that buyers have a certain amount of feedback to bid on items. Otherwise they had to contact you to get on an exemption list.
The Following User Says Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
rsot (03-23-2016)
Old 03-23-2016

Longevity: 54%

I don't know........new buyers have their upside.....

Especially when they get overexcited still with auctions and 'must have' the item.....

Nothing like a new buyer to inflate the sale price.
Old 03-23-2016

Longevity: 53%

Well. Add buyer requirements, and enable automated unpaid case processing.
The Following User Says Thank You to muzzie For This Useful Post:
spindoctor (03-23-2016)
Old 03-23-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I love new buyers. I love anyone who buys my junk.

Admittedly I do sometimes get nervous, especially when a 0 feedback buyer has a $200 order. I still ship the order though. I can prevent scams most of the time.

If the buyer says "blah blah blah you ripped me off blah blah blah I want my money back", I say "Ok, no problem, I will email you a return shipping label. As soon as I receive the entire order in the same condition as I sent it to you in, I will issue a full refund." Sometimes this will deter the buyer entirely, and I'll be out of the money I spent on a return shipping label. Most other times the buyer just returns the merchandise for a full refund. Big deal...
Old 03-23-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
It is unfortunate because in the earlier years of eBay you could have a requirement that buyers have a certain amount of feedback to bid on items. Otherwise they had to contact you to get on an exemption list.
I remember that time - they really should implement this again
Old 03-23-2016

Longevity: 72%

The problem is not buying your junk, the problem is NOT paying for it...

Remember, even if you get a deadbeat and cancel the transaction, it still effects your selling limits. A bit unfair, don't you think?
The Following User Says Thank You to exxomscp For This Useful Post:
vogeltron (03-23-2016)
Old 03-23-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTXCDEXIA View Post

Remember, even if you get a deadbeat and cancel the transaction, it still effects your selling limits. A bit unfair, don't you think?

Doesn't really matter to me. I simply ship paid orders and ignore unpaid orders. I let UPI assistant take care of unpaid items if needed. I have very high limits on my primary accounts and 20+ low limit accounts to spread sales on. Sooo, pay if you want, I don't care either way.

The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
newjerseymax (03-26-2016)
Old 03-23-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTXCDEXIA View Post

Yea for those who do Auctions it is the worst to have people bid with quite a bit of feedback than have some zero feedback buyer swoop in win the auction and not pay. Then you gotta wait days to get your fees back and relist. Its horrible.
Old 03-25-2016

Longevity: 47%

Yes, the ones who don't know how eBay works..... On my old account I had a bidder who won after a 5 day auction, I had about 10 other bidders. Well after the seconed day of non payment I messaged him and his reply was; I already won another auction, like really, dude, that's not how eBay works. Some people just aren't that smart, lol, he could've contacted me before I lost my other bidders. :/
Old 03-25-2016

Longevity: 47%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
Yea for those who do Auctions it is the worst to have people bid with quite a bit of feedback than have some zero feedback buyer swoop in win the auction and not pay. Then you gotta wait days to get your fees back and relist. Its horrible.
Yes yes and yes..... Ugh
Old 03-25-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolishheart View Post
Yes, the ones who don't know how eBay works..... On my old account I had a bidder who won after a 5 day auction, I had about 10 other bidders. Well after the seconed day of non payment I messaged him and his reply was; I already won another auction, like really, dude, that's not how eBay works. Some people just aren't that smart, lol, he could've contacted me before I lost my other bidders. :/
I feel that pain - I monitor my big auctions in final 1/2 hour or so to ensure no loser bidders....potentially.
Old 03-26-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by foolishheart View Post
5 day auction takes up too much time to "control".

Have you considered a shorted time frame.

Old 03-26-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Doesn't really matter to me. I simply ship paid orders and ignore unpaid orders. I let UPI assistant take care of unpaid items if needed. I have very high limits on my primary accounts and 20+ low limit accounts to spread sales on. Sooo, pay if you want, I don't care either way.

Yea I do the same.... I dot even pay attention to the non-payers... Automated cases... Sometimes they pay and if they don't just relist....
phaz0rz (03-26-2016)
Old 03-26-2016

Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post

Wait till u list a high end item that gets way up there on bids only to have a new to ebay buyer scumbag to out bid the 1000+ FB buyer who was going to pay way more for your item! only to get out bidded to a NPB who never pays and waste your time and then u relist it and when it sells it only gose for half of the cost cause of this new buyer costed u a good sell to a good customer. happened to me more then once I lost a lot of money on new buyers and even offer the other 2nd chance which they never take it. if I got a high ticket item on auction I will watch it to the end if I see any 0 fb buyers bidding I will remove the bid and block the buyer. works most the times but sometimes they will sneak in there at the last few secs.

Also another thing I do to keep from wasting time on these losers is as soon as I sell a item and they have low feedback I will relist the item and then contact the buyer telling them it has been relisted and until they have paid it will be up for bids and if they don't pay I file a NPB report and sell it on the nxt auction instead of waiting 7 dam days for them to tell u there not paying

Last edited by dbcreator11; 03-26-2016 at 01:46 PM.
Old 03-26-2016

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcreator11 View Post
Also another thing I do to keep from wasting time on these losers is as soon as I sell a item and they have low feedback I will relist the item and then contact the buyer telling them it has been relisted and until they have paid it will be up for bids and if they don't pay I file a NPB report and sell it on the nxt auction instead of waiting 7 dam days for them to tell u there not paying
This makes you as bad if not worse than any non payer!

You are listing auctions and getting bids for items from ebayers when the item doesn't exist as you have sold it in a previous auction!

Hope you get reported doing this and banned.