Can you give packages to your mailman? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-09-2009
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default Can you give packages to your mailman?

Here is the deal, I used to send 2, 3, 4 packages at the same time. Instead of going to post office, I have Endicia account, I print postage and gave it to my mail man. It went smooth, until today, we have a new mailman.

She told me I'm not suppose to give her packages. She said I was suppose to call for pickup. When I asked her politely what about give it to carrier, she told me I can only give it to her if it's 1 package.

Thus, the problem and a question, can I give mail to my carrier? (I have like up to 4 packages during the week all in one day)

Geeze, I hope my old mail man didn't transfer to a new route just because of me. :D

Anyway, if not, I have a bike, and a car. I just might have to drive there, darn.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-09-2009

Longevity: 89%

Im not sure about handing it to the postman but if its under 1 pound you can drop it in a mailbox. I usually just put it in my mailbox and put the flag up. You dont have to call for a pickup, i think you can do it online
Old 02-09-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by discjokey View Post
Here is the deal, I used to send 2, 3, 4 packages at the same time. Instead of going to post office, I have Endicia account, I print postage and gave it to my mail man. It went smooth, until today, we have a new mailman.

She told me I'm not suppose to give her packages. She said I was suppose to call for pickup. When I asked her politely what about give it to carrier, she told me I can only give it to her if it's 1 package.

Thus, the problem and a question, can I give mail to my carrier? (I have like up to 4 packages during the week all in one day)

Geeze, I hope my old mail man didn't transfer to a new route just because of me. :D

Anyway, if not, I have a bike, and a car. I just might have to drive there, darn.
Here is a link you can use to set up a one pick up or numerous pickups. There not supposed to refuse to take them but some of them want to go by the book. You would think with them hurting for money they would be happy you are giving them business. Set up the pickup online and your all set. YOu can even order free supplies from them also.
USPS - Pickup Options
Old 02-10-2009

Longevity: 93%

Imagine this. Your carrier is a federal employee. You support taking up arms against federal employees. And you wonder why you are getting flack.

Try UPS. Its pretty hypocritical to want to destroy the federal government, but still use their services.

PS - Please try to understand this is in jest!!!
Old 02-10-2009
Banned
Threadstarter  

I think pickup option they have is for Priority and Express Mail. I got a lot of heavy parcels, 5 to 10 lbs.

Last edited by GreenBean; 02-10-2009 at 10:17 PM.
Old 02-10-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by discjokey View Post
I think pickup option they have is for Priority and Express Mail. I got a lot of heavy parcels, 5 to 10 lbs.

You really need to look into getting quotes from UPS. Anything over 5 pounds will be cheaper going UPS ground. Call them and get an account you will get reduced rates than paying the published rates. As far as usps goes all you need is one priority package and the rest can be parcel post, first class ect. Actually there have been days when none were priority mail. They dont say anything. It giving them business which most postal workers are happy that your giving them business.

Last edited by GreenBean; 02-10-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Old 02-10-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Endicia - Print Postage Online!
There is a toll-free number on this site. Maybe you could phone them & check what can be done. Might depend on which account you have
Old 02-10-2009

Longevity: 91%

I've had lots of experience with this. Heres the deal:

1. You can give something to the mailman while they are delivering the mail, but make sure its something they can just throw in their bag and keep going. Otherwise they will snub you cause they dont want to carry a bunch of extra crap with them on their route. So it depends on the carrier. BUT...

2. You can schedule a pickup online at usps "schedule a pickup" for free as long as..

3. You have to have at least one of your packages shipped by Priority Mail or Express Mail. Example: you want to ship 8 packages, pay for 1 package to be sent Priority Mail or Express Mail and send the other 7 regular Parcel Post (this is what I did to keep shipping costs low and still get a free pickup).

4. Set all 8 packages outside and the mailman HAS to pick them up.

5. Repeat the same process for the next time you want to have packages picked up.

WARNINGS!!!!

1. However many packages you say you want picked up on your pickup request, you BETTER have that exact amount waiting to be picked up! Example: you specify online that you have 8 packages to be picked up, you MUST HAVE ALL 8 SITTING OUTSIDE! OR ELSE!!!! If you don't, the post office will hunt you down, tell you how you're breaking the law and say you cant send mail ever again.

2. The cut off time to schedule a pickup for the next day is 1am eastern time the night before.

3. If you end up with more packages you want to mail that day than you specified on the pick up order, you can add them without notifying the post office. But you cannot subtract any without notifying them first. Example: you signed up to have 8 packages picked up, you want to add 6 more, you can add those 6 with the 8.

4. DO NOT LET THE MAILMAN GET OUT OF PICKING UP YOUR PACKAGES!! By law whenever someone requests a pick up, they MUST BE PICKED UP. Some mailmen are LAZY and just dont want to bend over and pick up the packages. If this happens, call your post office asap and tell them your packages havent been picked up and they will get on the mailman to go back and get them. Why risk a neg fb because the mailman was too lazy to get the package out on time.

Hope this helps!