International ebay buyer trying to scam me - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-03-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default International ebay buyer trying to scam me

Ok so I'm very new to Ebay selling, so I made the mistake of sending an item to a reshipper in Florida, (it was the buyer's verified address) and this reshipper then ships the item to the buyer's actual location that is not in the US. I shipped it out with signature confirmation and it got to the reshipper fine, but now the buyer has just opened up a SNAD case saying I sent him the completely wrong item. I sent him a $900 computer and I'm positive he's trying to scam me.

I did some looking around in the ebay policies and noticed this in the list of things NOT covered by ebay's buyer protection: "Items shipped to another address after original delivery."

My question is, does that statement in their policy alone give me the leverage I need to win the case, considering he did in fact use a reshipper, or is Ebay going to screw me and side with the buyer? How should I proceed from here?

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 04-04-2016 at 05:16 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-03-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%
Default Re: International ebay buyer trying to scam me

What is the buyer saying? That you sent him something completely different?
Or empty box?
Old 04-03-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
What is the buyer saying? That you sent him something completely different?
Or empty box?
Something completely different, he saying he got the wrong item.
Old 04-03-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,933 Times in 8,224 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums. How well do you know your reshipper...?
Old 04-03-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Welcome to the forums. How well do you know your reshipper...?
Hi, I've been around for a few years buying stuff in the marketplace and lurking, just never posted until now (:

But It's not my personal reshipper it's the guy's listed shipping address on the invoice and upon googling the address I see that it is a reshipping business address.
Old 04-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

You could have the buyer send the item back. If the buyer does not send the original item, file a police report, call up ebay and explain it to them. You would have to send the police report in. And most likely you will get your money back.

Most likely the buyer will keep the item and get their money back too but you will get your money, ebay will take up the lost funds.

But did you change the address when the buyer bought the computer. If you changed it, you will lose the case. SInce you have lost the seller protection.
Old 04-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Have you tried contacting the buyers reshipper?
Tell them that your buyer is trying to commit mail fraud.

They may help with pictures they took of the item.

The box numbwr will be his customer number.
Old 04-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 47%

"I did some looking around in the ebay policies and noticed this in the list of things NOT covered by ebay's buyer protection: "Items shipped to another address after original delivery."

If I were you, I would contact the appeals dept at ebay. They are better at resolving issues and if they can't help you they will connect you with the right department to proceed. I would have the page loaded on your computer where it states the fact that you are not responsible for items shipped to another country so you can tell them where it is located if they are not aware of this policy. They should close the case immediately in your favor. If they seem hesitant to do that then I would ask to talk to a supervisor and explain that you think the buyer is trying to commit fraud.
Old 04-04-2016

Longevity: 94%
Send a message via MSN to alexzin Send a message via Yahoo to alexzin Send a message via Skype™ to alexzin

You said that you shipped the package to the reshipper address in FL,you did the right thing,you must have the delivery confirmation that the package delivered to the reshipper's address,is that right?If so,you are fully protected by ebay seller protection service.What you are asking is not related about the shipping address case,it's about the product.Buyer says that the item is not as described,we guess you will have to pay for the shipping cost for the buyer to return it back first,since buyer provided U.S shipping address,you may direct send buyer shipping label,if the buyer does not ship it back,you will win the case.

You'd better contact ebay first before processing the case.
Old 04-05-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 8%
Longevity: 66%

Yea, I would contact eBay. I do not think if you shipped and item to someone and they sent it elsewhere that you would be on the hook especially if they refuse to send it back. Sounds like a SCAM to me. I would definitely report to eBay. Feel free to PM the USER ID so I can add to my block list.
Old 04-11-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
Yea, I would contact eBay. I do not think if you shipped and item to someone and they sent it elsewhere that you would be on the hook especially if they refuse to send it back. Sounds like a SCAM to me. I would definitely report to eBay. Feel free to PM the USER ID so I can add to my block list.
I contacted them today and I have to wait a few days until I can have the case escalated. The problem is how do I prove that a reshipper was used to ebay? The address on his account if googled instantly comes up with the reshipping company he used, will this hold any merit with Ebay's investigation?
Old 04-12-2016
Threadstarter  

I really need some help with this guys, any advice is appreciated. Also an update, I got him to admit in writing that he used a reshipper but he's claiming they never shipped it out to him because "it was the wrong item".
Old 04-12-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

the correct address is in the paypal notification - if this is the reshipper address, then you sent it to the correct place, and you are covered.

the buyer admitted in writing the re-shipper that the reshipper did not forward it.
this is not your problem, you delivered it to the address given.

in terms of wrong item, the buyer admits they did not receive it, therefore cannot claim wrong item/SNAD.

Explain and forward this evidence to ebay.

Ask what happened to the product, and if they are getting the reshipper to send it back to you.
Old 04-12-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
the correct address is in the paypal notification - if this is the reshipper address, then you sent it to the correct place, and you are covered.

the buyer admitted in writing the re-shipper that the reshipper did not forward it.
this is not your problem, you delivered it to the address given.

in terms of wrong item, the buyer admits they did not receive it, therefore cannot claim wrong item/SNAD.

Explain and forward this evidence to ebay.

Ask what happened to the product, and if they are getting the reshipper to send it back to you.
Well what I'm afraid of is him shipping me back a worthless item, because that's what he's saying he received, and me being out of the money and item. he's saying he just got an old book. what I sold him is worth over $1000.
Old 04-12-2016
Executive [VIP]

can you clarify? he says he DID NOT get it, he says the forwarding did not happen - right?

your issue is that if it is a trusted re-shipper ebay might take their word for it, that it was wrong product. However I would make the point in your argument that unless you get the evidence directly from the re-shipper then the buyer is not in a position to just state this evidence on the reshippers behalf.....

its a complicated, unusual case and ebay might side with buyer, but I would fight it.....

the threat of a police report might either get you the so-called evidence from reshipper or silence buyer..

if it is a scam, it is a stupid one.....as not guaranteed to work,,,,but buyer may be trying to hide their address from you , whilst trying their luck..........

as for getting empty box back, well that is a risk for us all.....BUT if it is still with reshipper the return ought to be the same as you sent out _ I assume...

Last edited by oompaloompa; 04-12-2016 at 03:27 PM.
Old 04-12-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
can you clarify? he says he DID NOT get it, he says the forwarding did not happen - right?

your issue is that if it is a trusted re-shipper ebay might take their word for it, that it was wrong product. However I would make the point in your argument that unless you get the evidence directly from the re-shipper then the buyer is not in a position to just state this evidence on the reshippers behalf.....

its a complicated, unusual case and ebay might side with buyer, but I would fight it.....

the threat of a police report might either get you the so-called evidence from reshipper or silence buyer..

if it is a scam, it is a stupid one.....as not guaranteed to work,,,,but buyer may be trying to hide their address from you , whilst trying their luck..........

as for getting empty box back, well that is a risk for us all.....BUT if it is still with reshipper the return ought to be the same as you sent out _ I assume...
Yes, he's saying the forwarding did not happen. and they apparently opened up the package for the buyer and told him it was the wrong item, which I feel like if a 3rd party opened my package like that with the buyer's consent, how can I be liable for this? The reshipper used was myus.com I believe.
Old 04-12-2016
Executive [VIP]

the reshipper is entitled to open anything they like, plus sometimes they are asked to.

you have buyers word for this only - please use this as the main point of your argument/threats....good luck
Old 04-12-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
the reshipper is entitled to open anything they like, plus sometimes they are asked to.

you have buyers word for this only - please use this as the main point of your argument/threats....good luck

Well I mean just the fact that it wasn't an ebay-affiliated reshipper that opened up the package after delivery, I feel that I have done my part in this and he should take up this problem with the reshipper he chose to work with. But thank you for the advice, I'll update this when I have more info.
Old 04-12-2016
Executive [VIP]

youve done your part on delivery so they cannot claim INR
the SNAD is another matter.....but you have some cards...
yes, please update, sounds stressful!
nativespells (04-12-2016)
Old 04-12-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Being that this buyer is really overseas, then the return label would only qualify as a US label. The buyer would not be able to use this label unless they send the "brick" to the reshipper along with the label, then the reshipper has to send you the brick with said label. If reshipper is legit then they wont go along with it. The item will never come back and you would win the case for failure to return item. You have lots of wiggle room with this case.
Old 04-12-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post
Being that this buyer is really overseas, then the return label would only qualify as a US label. The buyer would not be able to use this label unless they send the "brick" to the reshipper along with the label, then the reshipper has to send you the brick with said label. If reshipper is legit then they wont go along with it. The item will never come back and you would win the case for failure to return item. You have lots of wiggle room with this case.
well that would be the case but the buyer is claiming the reshipped never sent the item out to him due to it being incorrect, I'm not sure if he's just bluffing about that or not though
Old 04-15-2016
Threadstarter  

Just wanted to drop an update here:

I just got off the phone with Ebay and they have decided in my favor. Obviously pretty happy about the outcome. What happened is I made sure I was transferred to the highest available rep I could speak to, and I brought up the 3rd party reshipper that was used, citing the policy in the buyer protection terms stating it's not covered. They ended up agreeing with me and that is why I won the case. Good news for sellers out there that are dealing with problems with an item that was reshipped.