Glitches With Scheduled Listings. Missing And Duplicates. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-09-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Glitches With Scheduled Listings. Missing And Duplicates.

Never encountered this before, and wondering if anyone here has. Bare with me for a minute while I try to explain. I scheduled about 25 listings and most of them went through just fine. However, 4 listings got screwed up, despite being submitted correctly. Let me explain.

Item #1 - This item listed just fine, as I intended it to. OR so I thought. On my end, and even when searching from different ebay accounts, it shows up as intended. However, someone messaged me asking about the item because the description showed up as Item #2 (below) on his end. He was using the mobile app, I believe.

Item #2 - This item completely disappeared. I had this scheduled at a certain time, between two other listings. Those two listings went through no problem...but this item never listed at all.

Item #3 - This item listed perfectly fine, as I intended it to.

Item #4 - This item is an EXACT duplicate of Item #3. I only had Item #3 scheduled...did not schedule it a second time, create a duplicate listing or anything. This item listed at the SAME EXACT time as Item #3, down to the second. It has a different item number, of course.

All of my other listings are fine and listed correctly. I have never had problems with scheduled listings, or listings in general doing this type of weird sh*t. Has anyone else experienced something like this before??
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-09-2016

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: Glitches With Scheduled Listings. Missing And Duplicates.

Never yet used scheduled listings, I guess they are glitchy over there in the US of A.
Old 05-10-2016
Threadstarter  

Nobody has had this issue?
Old 05-10-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 47%

Yes, its been a couple of years ago and scheduled listings started doing some of the screwiest things i have ever seen. i remember at one point i just ended everything on my account because i couldn't keep track of what i had for sale on not. after a couple of attempts everything just went back to normal, haven't had it happen since.
Old 05-10-2016
Threadstarter  

I have used scheduled listings a lot and never experienced any issue like this. Must have just been glitchy that day, I don't know.
Old 05-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

I use scheduled listings every day. The only glitch I get from time to time, maybe twice a week, is the wrong time starting. I use it because I sell lots of the same thing or in different size, I just change the size on the title.

I just had one ending at 3am when it was going to be a 3pm. Lost money on it since nobody was up at the hour.

But I have never heard of your glitch.
Old 05-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotano211 View Post
I use scheduled listings every day. The only glitch I get from time to time, maybe twice a week, is the wrong time starting. I use it because I sell lots of the same thing or in different size, I just change the size on the title.

I just had one ending at 3am when it was going to be a 3pm. Lost money on it since nobody was up at the hour.

I use scheduled listings as well every day but I haven't had that issue with something ending 12 hours earlier. I do experience a flux of problems with the "Starting time" but I just chalk it off to glitches I guess.
Old 05-10-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotano211 View Post

I have not had that happen, luckily. A lot of my listings I start in the evening...it would suck if it started or ended in the early morning like that!
Old 05-10-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
I use scheduled listings as well every day but I haven't had that issue with something ending 12 hours earlier. I do experience a flux of problems with the "Starting time" but I just chalk it off to glitches I guess.
Strange...well, I will be keeping a closer eye on things from now on when it comes to scheduled listings. It's hard to go back and double check things when you are listing an abundance of items though.
Old 05-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Just for clarity - I was list primarily with IE - I get these msgs from eB at the top of the browser to upgrade to Mozilla or Chrome but I just keep it simple and old-ish.
Old 05-10-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

I've had glitches once or twice before when I scheduled about 50-70 items.

Problems are always the same- Listing title and photo don't match and are mixed with the listing above or below it. Kind of annoying, as my customers need to message me and tell me what things are really called.

I think it has happened only twice, but still annoying.
Old 05-13-2016

Longevity: 58%

I have never had this problem using UK accounts. I do tend to schedule listings as I sometimes list during night and prefer to have them go live during day.
Old 05-13-2016

Longevity: 46%

I have encountered SO many glitches on mobile app. And when you call eBay, they only see things as the full version and have NO idea what we're seeing here on our end. I used Mobile for 2 years (exclusively, no pc at all) without any problems until recently. Now there are countless errors with returns... returns showing conflicting information on mobile app on my end, conflicting information between mobile and PC versions.. The other day, mobile changed all my prices to Euros when viewed on the mobile app. All kinds of weird things. eBay is clueless on them all.

Another glitch is an item shows only 1 photo despite there being several uploaded. Sometimes you click on it, and it will be fine... others it will have 1 photo. This has caused so many issues. It changes the whole expectation of the buyer, they're only viewing the one (usually best) photo . I have also seen that on my end when viewing others auction from mobile. 1 photo, then i'll check back a few tries later and they all show up.

Last edited by stressed08; 05-13-2016 at 03:43 PM.
Old 05-15-2016

Longevity: 73%

I've had these kind of issues, and they've been widely reported on other sites. Some of it is doubtlessly 'operator error', but some of it is EB.

The scheduling issue is also very common and very well known.

The other problem most of us usually see is listings that are supposed to relist automatically, but don't or that just disappear.

Only on EB, I don't see this on the other sites. :(