Can i change Ebay Ship From ZipCode? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-18-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
Default Can i change Ebay Ship From ZipCode?

Today i drop off some of my packages to USPS. They told me that the ship from zip code is not right, and they want me to change it next time. my stealth account address is different states. Is it ok i change the ship from zip code? I print label in ebay. Please advise. Thank you very much!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Can i change Ebay Ship From ZipCode?

Most of the time the Post Office doesn't care as long as the right postage is on the package. Question, do you get along well with the postal employees? and how did they know you were dropping off packages with different zipcode?
Old 05-18-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Most of the time the Post Office doesn't care as long as the right postage is on the package. Question, do you get along well with the postal employees? and how did they know you were dropping off packages with different zipcode?
We usually drop off the package in the back of post office, so many people come drop off the packages. Theres a employees working in the back, he doesnt really like us because too many people dropping off the packages. Sometime he check our package see if we are dropping to the right cart. and also check our zip code if its their zip code. He want us to change it, otherwise do not drop it to their post office anymore. So im just wondering if i can change the zip code. So i dont have to worry about him checking my packages.
Old 05-18-2016

Longevity: 48%

Just did that last month with one of my accounts when I had to go on an emergency trip half way across the country. Packed some items for the trip and when they sold I just changed the ship from zip code to the one I'm shipping from and kept the stealth address in tact. Did this for a few weeks with no problem. Will be doing it in the future when I stealth on vacation
Old 05-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 247buy View Post
We usually drop off the package in the back of post office, so many people come drop off the packages. Theres a employees working in the back, he doesnt really like us because too many people dropping off the packages. Sometime he check our package see if we are dropping to the right cart. and also check our zip code if its their zip code. He want us to change it, otherwise do not drop it to their post office anymore. So im just wondering if i can change the zip code. So i dont have to worry about him checking my packages.
Hell Id find a new Post Office to drop off, or try to get on this postal employee's good side.
Old 05-18-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 47%

I change the ship from zip code all the time, if your not using first class (at least this is what i have seen) it will not calculate the fee correctly if you leave the ship from zip incorrect.
Old 05-18-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Hell Id find a new Post Office to drop off, or try to get on this postal employee's good side.
I will try that ^^
Old 05-18-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids01 View Post
I change the ship from zip code all the time, if your not using first class (at least this is what i have seen) it will not calculate the fee correctly if you leave the ship from zip incorrect.
Most my packages are first class. I must put in zip code. If they dont check my package, i dont really care about that. but i got check sometime. Once they caught you did not change the zip code one time. They check your packages when they see you dropping off.
Old 05-18-2016

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

I change the ship from zip with all my accounts to the actual zip I ship from, you just need to do this one time and it will remain the same for each postage.

Some services I use with usps the postage is dependent on the zip it's shipped from so when I sell my first item I set the ship from zip
Old 05-18-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
I change the ship from zip with all my accounts to the actual zip I ship from, you just need to do this one time and it will remain the same for each postage.

Some services I use with usps the postage is dependent on the zip it's shipped from so when I sell my first item I set the ship from zip
So it would be ok to change ship from zip code right? Thank you for sharing.
Old 05-18-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 47%

yes, its OK to change the ship from zip code, i do it and just leave the rest as it is, if i have a return i just ask the buyer to request a RMA and tell them to use tracking and give them my "shippers address" (my local PO Box) that way i dont give them my banned accounts address in case they ever decide to give it to eBay/PP.