eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   The New Silly Buyers & your expereniences thread (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/9667-new-silly-buyers-your-expereniences-thread.html)

moomooj 04-25-2009 07:24 PM

Just got a neg from a newbie for sending her the wrong item. I actually sent her a more expansive item. This is my first neg, I am so bummed out. She didn't even try to contact me, went straight to Ebay!!!:mad: I'm still trying to get in touch with her and work things out.

Vicvelcro 04-25-2009 11:05 PM

This is the 9th email - it pertains to a skipping problem. How's this for a change... (?)

Hi,

This is Joe, Andrea's husband .

We tried the dvd on an HP laptop (NC6400) running WinDVD player and it played intermittently as well as jittery. The earlier pc (Dell Dimension 3000), I had downloaded a dvd player patch to see if it would improve performance of playng the XXXXX DVD. Other major movie dvds like Batman Forever play fine on all dvd players in the house.

The XXXXX dvds have some sort of defect. If you can find a newer version that would be great. My wife will give you good feedback for your sincere efforts to rectify the situation.

Thanks,

TMiles 04-26-2009 04:04 PM

My turn (again) to rant.

I truly want to go after this buyers account. He has truly has pissed me off enough to go after him. I really can justify that eBay is a better place without him.

This jack ass harassed me with seven emails in ten minutes about whether or not the item was authentic. I told him over and over they were real. Even though he repeatedly asked me to cancel the transaction for which I agreed; after the last message, he sent me money.

I simply refunded him to not have to deal with the inevitable return and politely and professionally simply stated that we had a return on one of these that was not working and would not be selling them any more until I got with my supplier and found a way to test them before delivery. I even pulled the one remaining listing and moved it to another account.

Well, the **** left me negative feedback and 0s across all DSRs.

ARGGGGG!!!! Lets kill the *******'s account!!!

MadSam 08-10-2010 08:49 PM

Most Ridiculous Buyer Complaints

Here's a list of my common ones;

"I paid 2.50 for shipping, post mark shows cost as 2.04... FRAUD!!!"

"Order placed on Sunday, postage mark date not until Tuesday, is this the definition of snail mail??"

[on a 3.00 item]"Whatever happened to registered mail???"

The Don 08-10-2010 08:57 PM

Seller: Invoice sent! *paypal*

Buyer: Why u not use paypal nub!?111

pod 08-10-2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madsam (Post 157323)

"I paid 2.50 for shipping, post mark shows cost as 2.04... FRAUD!!!"

"Order placed on Sunday, postage mark date not until Tuesday, is this the definition of snail mail??"

I get these two all the time. Somehow, somewhere buyers have got the impression the internet is magic. I have, without exaggeration, sold items late Friday night and received emails Monday morning asking why its not there yet. Lots.

Setting aside people trying to screw you, overnight, magic, star trek speed delivery for 12 cents is always the craziest ones I get.

You can tell them delivery times until you are blue in the face and some buyers just simply wont get it....

jeffweico 08-10-2010 09:24 PM

One thing that has helped me in the US, is Endicia.com

They have a "stealth postage" option which hides the amount of postage you paid. The label just says something like "POSTAGE PAID: 5oz First Class Mail Rate" but with no amount.

That makes it more difficult for the buyer to know how much you actually paid for postage.

My most ridiculous complaints were from Half.com users who paid for "expedited shipping". Basically, this is priority mail. But a few buyers think that because the word expedited has EX in it, and so does the word fedEX, that it means overnight service and were expecting to get their item the next day. For $5.

MadSam 08-10-2010 10:51 PM

A lot of these issues seem to be down to shipping.

JohnnyBoy 08-10-2010 10:55 PM

I don't ship unless I have stealth postage. Not that I overcharge, its just buyers think shipping costs/time is an exact science. Pi = 3.14 but your shipping time will vary.

TGMT² 08-10-2010 11:14 PM

We had a similar thread like this 2 years ago, so I will post what I posted then...

My worst isn't so bad but here's what happened...

I had a high dollar pool cue stick on auction with a 99¢ starting bid with a 6.95 shipping. The pool cue had a slight warp that was barely noticeable. And in the description I put that the cue stick was slightly warped 3 times and the final time was in red and underlined.

I did get a positive, but the person complained in the feedback that the pool cue was slightly warped. LOL

Unbelievable....and I still laugh every time I think about it!

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...html#post64974

GreenBean 08-10-2010 11:35 PM

And let's put this thread with the

ALREADY EXISTING THREAD. Thanks madsam xxx

SaiJin 08-12-2010 01:43 AM

Got a feedback saying something a long the lines of : "Even though shipping was free, seller should have picked 2 day option. 5 days to deliver is too long"

My response: "From now on, all shipping will NOT be free anymore"

I have gotten 5.0 dsr on shipping cost ever since.

pod 08-14-2010 11:17 PM

just got an email for a buyer:

If I buy this now I want a guarantee it will ship immediately. I will expect tracking within the hour. I expect to see package on the move within 8 hours. I see you are charging $xx.xx for standard shipping. That is completely ridiculous. I expect to pay $x.xx. When I make a purchase I expect to be treated as a customer, not a dollar sign. I expect a response within 30 minutes.

Nice!! What planet does this fella live on??

Its late Saturday night. [11 pm his time] Tomorrow is Sunday. None of this is even remotely possible naturally.
Not that it matters, but the shipping fee is actually half what it costs, I worked the other half in price

As much as this guy screams "a very pleasant transaction"... ya. Blocked.

I have some cranky ones, but this one is up there for sure.

SaiJin 08-15-2010 01:08 AM

thank goodness he msged you first before bidding....