The New Silly Buyers & your expereniences thread - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-21-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Thumbs down The New Silly Buyers & your expereniences thread

The old thread was getting long and dated.

I really wish I did not have to be careful about feedback. I really think about half of my responses to questions would start "Dear Dumb @ss." I am starting a new account. I only sold three items last week. All were different items. A buyer just messaged me and stated that he bought two of the same item from me on the same night. Today, he received only one of them via UPS. He wanted me to inform him when he would receive the other item.

I really wanted to respond as follows:

Dear Dumb @ass,

Are you simply too lazy to look at the umpteen emails you have received stating the purchase price and the item you purchased. Do you have difficulties adding simple figures that most people learn in the 5th grade? Please carefully read the listing and check your payments before asking such an asinine question.

Sincerely,

Seller

Last edited by TMiles; 02-21-2009 at 06:30 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-21-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Unhappy

Must be the moon or something. Just had a similar problem with a buyer. They bought AND got sent x2 pieces of train track, about 6 inches long, right. I tape these together when I pack the items. What does the first email say 'only x1 piece received and why is there tape on that piece'.ffs, cut the tape to see what you have got or better still your wrists.8 emails for US$11 of goods.
Old 02-21-2009
Executive [VIP]

This newbie just sent me this email today. I have already sent the item out and it was being returned because the Buyer forgot to put in the "27th Street" This is the address he gave me that was undeliverable and is being returned.
JOSE ARIAS
HN0407 8305 N.W S. SUITE 113
MIAMI, FL 33122

"Dear BooMer,

I think the item was return due the address. Here is the correct address:
JOSE LUIS REYES ARIAS
HN0407 TWCI
8305 N.W. 27Th ST. SUITE 113
MIAMI FL 33122
United States
Please send the item to this address.
Thank you very much."

I told him to update his Ebay and Paypal info to avoid this in the future with other sellers. I should make him pay for shipping to re-ship it. Careless buyers I tell ya.
Old 02-22-2009

I cant say i have had any annoying buyers lately. I remember this one buyer just the other day asked me something so stupid that i blocked him in fear of him bidding on my auction. Then he messages me saying he had problems bidding. And i was like "oh..really...not sure why that is..."
Old 02-24-2009
Threadstarter  

Divine...Isn't blocking a wonderful tool. Sometimes you want to tell the buyer that they are just too damn stupid to buy on eBay.

I really think the worst question ever is "Are these genuine/authentic?"

Seriously, would anyone selling counterfeits actually admit to it....
Old 02-24-2009

Longevity: 90%
Send a message via AIM to SevnSins Send a message via MSN to SevnSins Send a message via Yahoo to SevnSins

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMiles2564 View Post
Divine...Isn't blocking a wonderful tool. Sometimes you want to tell the buyer that they are just too damn stupid to buy on eBay.

I really think the worst question ever is "Are these genuine/authentic?"

Seriously, would anyone selling counterfeits actually admit to it....
LMFAO!

I'm sorry for useless posting, but that is the best laugh I've had in a couple days.

"Are these genuine/authentic?"

STILL LAUGHING!

Sevn
Old 02-24-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 92%

Impatient buyers annoy me the most. Shipping section usually says allow 10 days for shipping, but i still get people opening disputes after 6-7 days with comments like WHERE IS MY ITEM!!!!!! without even emailing or messaging.
Old 02-24-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevnSins View Post
LMFAO!

"Are these genuine/authentic?"

Sevn
Yes I laughed too, what planet are these buyers on?
They ask if its real, dont reply, you block them, they try to bid anyway, then ask why they cant bid. There are some very strange people out there
Old 02-24-2009

I personally dont sell counterfeits on ebay but it kills me....a christian louboutin shoe sells for like $800+ yet its being sold at BIN for $150 NEW! Yet some how they still dont know.
Old 02-24-2009

Send a message via AIM to SevnSins Send a message via MSN to SevnSins Send a message via Yahoo to SevnSins

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine422 View Post
I personally dont sell counterfeits on ebay but it kills me....a christian louboutin shoe sells for like $800+ yet its being sold at BIN for $150 NEW! Yet some how they still dont know.
I agree that is a good point, but there are some real slick ones out there. I have a friend that's been on ebay selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ products for ~5 years, and somehow avoids VERO. He won't reveal how he bypasses it, but he does. To top it all off, he sells them at normal prices now. That whole PowerSeller tag lets you get away with ALOT.

Sevn
Old 02-24-2009

ha I can top that. I have been doing free shipping for weekend auctions, and had some one email and ask if i combine shipping if they purchase 2 items from me. duhhh
Old 02-24-2009

Longevity: 89%

That is why i did away with FREE SHIPPING years ago . I used to have people ask for a shipping discount on multiple purchases , when i told them the shipping was free they would respond that i still had to pay something and to pass the savings on to them .. i quickly did away with free shipping .
Old 02-24-2009
Executive [VIP]

I sell some items for 1c starting price and charge $5 shipping. Many of them win at 1c but then complain that the shipping is too much. Its clearly stated before they bid.
Also, been left some very anoying negs/neutrals- "price was a bit more than you can get elsewhere"
and- "battery life is short compared to my last phone" as if I manufactured it at home
Old 02-24-2009

If you use UK as your country, can you have to go through Vero? Somehow he gets away listing more than 10 Veros w new names all the time. He uses the same pics, same description.
he's lists Singapore, UK and all the asian countries. He sells ⊗⊗⊗⊗ brand name makeup.
Old 02-24-2009
Executive [VIP]

^^^ What has that to do with a silly buyer? Any user in any country has a chance of losing an account for vero items. Note a chance. Some sellers never seem to
lose accounts, others od. try to stay on topic next time,OK
Old 03-17-2009
Threadstarter  

Here is a new one for you -

I sold an item on November 2. In late January I get a notice from PAYPAL stating a buyer tried to open a dispute. They turned it down, due to 45 day limit, but encouraged buyer and seller to work it out. Never heard from anyone again until Sunday night.

1. Sunday night: (Email from buyer)

XXX,
A couple months ago I bought a XXX from you off of ebay and came to learn that it was actually a counterfeit product. I have a confirmation from XX saying it is a fraud and would like to work something out to either get my money back or receive a genuine product. If we cannot resolves this easily through email I will have no choice but to report the issue to paypal and the credit card company.

2. Sunday night: (my response)

Ms. XXX,

First, please provide me some information as to the date of sale. I went back 4 months (11/15/08) and do not have a record of this sale. So, if it is more than a couple of months, please provide the date of sale, and possible item number. That being said, we always accept returns to make people happy.

I do respectfully also ask that you not start out by threatening a PayPal dispute or credit card dispute, before you even give us a chance to remedy any issue. This is the first I have heard of any issue, and am quite concerned. We, as sellers, bend over backwards, without the threat of action.

Please let me know a little more specifics about your claim. Rest assured, we will take care of any problem.

3. Sunday night: (Her response)

XXX,

I do not know the exact date of sale because ebay does not show that information after 60 days, but the product number is XXXXXX. This is actually not the first time I have tried to contact you. I was unable to test the XXX upon its arrival, and by the time I was able to and found that it did not work, it was after the 7 day return policy specified on the product page. When I sent it to XXX, I was informed that it was counterfeit, at which point I had no choice but to contact Paypal, who was going to contact you. I never received an answer from you, which concerned me. I do not wish to be threatening; however, I am at a loss of $75 for a product that is unusable. I hope we can work something out.

D. Black

4. Monday Morning: (my response)

Please give me a couple of days. We will take care of this.

5. Tuesday Morning: (my email)

Will you be able to return the product and all the packaging? (i.e. bag, packaging, etc?) Let me know please so that we can proceed.

6. Tuesday afternoon (her response)

I have already taken care of it through ebay and got a refund

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is really strange. I would love some of your thoughts!!!
Old 03-17-2009
Executive [VIP]

There is some Buyers that buy a lot of stuff on ebay and they get confused which sellers sold what to them. They are lazy to go to their "items won" Page to see the list of sellers next to the items they bought. I get it sometimes when buyers mistaken me for some other seller. I get annoyed when they leave bad feedback/DSR for me when it is meant for other sellers.

Their is several possibility that could of happen in you situation Tmiles.
1) They could of tried to threaten you to see if they could get a refund. Some sellers will issue a refund right away to avoid the negative feedback or charge back headache and let the buyer keep the item without sending it back. It probably worked for them 1 time or another and thats why they tried it again.

2) They just thought you were someone else and was confused which product they were referring to and decided they would want to keep the product. I think it is # 2.

BooMer
Old 03-17-2009
Threadstarter  

It could also be that they damaged the product or XXX actually kept the product. That being said, if it was me and the manufacturer actually kept the product, I would have told the seller....

You probably are right! They might simply tried to see if I would fold and send them money back. The funny thing is if they simply had told me the truth, I would have sent them back half their money, just to be nice...
Old 03-17-2009
Executive [VIP]

TMiles,
Sounds like you sold to the 'professional dropkick' buyer. They know everything yet know nothing. They try you out to see what will happen. Then when
YOU co-operate and are on their side, they need to back-flip. Why? Because
they lied in the first place.
TMiles (03-18-2009)
Old 04-11-2009
Threadstarter  

So I just need to vent and ask what in the "hell" is wrong with people. I have always contended that if you must have an item to use within a week or so, either buy it at a retail outlet, pay for expedited shipping or contact the seller first. Due to the stupidity of buyers and the instant gratification of our society, I have even added to each of my listings a line in bold, over-typed, italicized print the following -

Our average handling time is 3 business days. Likewise, since we ship UPS ground, it can take up to ten days to receive your item....

Now, since I keep my listings short and sweet, this big bold print is only about 65 words in the listing.

Some moron, bought a microphone on Monday and got pissed that he did not have it by Friday. I informed him that we would up the shipping to Priority 2 day mail, so he would receive it within one week of purchase. Apparently, this was not good enough. Seriously, I would NEVER order anything online that I needed in 5 days. It is STUPID and at best. Read his response below...

hello, I am sorry, I guess I am like so many other people that don't read to the bottom of the auction page. I personally can't understand why people sell on ebay and it takes them 4 or 5 days to ship something. I have sold many things on ebay and as soon as I receive payment I ship it that day or the next day. Would you allow 10 days to receive payment, I think not. Maybe to keep this from happening you should start the description with " it could take up to 10 days to receive this item." I would not have bid on it if I would have seen that. I thought from TX to LA surely I would have it by this weekend. Shipping would've taken 1 day so that gave you 4 days to ship it and I would still get by the weekend. I ordered something from CA the same day and I received it before you shipped yours. Does that sound right to you. To help you, as a buyer I look at shipping cost, item location and the description and that is it. thanks have a blessed day. dustin

I really wish as a seller I could leave negative feedback. Needless to say, I simply informed him that many companies, like Amazon, Buy.com, etc, cannot ship immediately and that I was sorry and process a refund shortly....Some people are too stupid to buy on eBay!!!

Last edited by TMiles; 04-11-2009 at 04:45 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TMiles For This Useful Post:
Snagga (04-21-2009)
Old 04-15-2009

Longevity: 98%

TMiles2564, I'm personally wary of shipping fast myself as sometimes the buyer will do a chargeback saying unauthorized/unrecognized transaction on their card or they'll do some other scam and waiting a little bit helps.
Old 04-21-2009
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,529 Times in 2,184 Posts
Activity: 75%
Longevity: 91%

I got a neg:

Seller's item is overpriced and seller is Condensing. nut gunna refund coz I won't return item.