Does ebay evaluate just closed accounts? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 08-15-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Does ebay evaluate just closed accounts?

ok I'm thinking of closing my account which has low dsr ratings on it before next evaluation on 20th, so it doesn't jeopardize selling privileges on my other good standing account. can someone confirm whether ebay still does evluation of such an closed account, if I close it say 3-4 days before next evaluation date?

I ask cause I read about this 180 day frame before account is fully closd so I am not sure about what it implies.

thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-15-2010

Longevity: 82%

maybe you can try to close your seller account, instead of closing the whole account.
In this case, you are only buyer, not seller.
Old 08-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Not to sure. I would close it, usually accounts I've closed have been shut down within a week or so.
Old 08-15-2010
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolok View Post
ok I'm thinking of closing my account which has low dsr ratings on it before next evaluation on 20th, so it doesn't jeopardize selling privileges on my other good standing account. can someone confirm whether ebay still does evluation of such an closed account, if I close it say 3-4 days before next evaluation date?

I ask cause I read about this 180 day frame before account is fully closd so I am not sure about what it implies.

thanks!

I think you should just let it sit, don't close anything.
Another thing you can do if you prefer to keep it is sell low cost items and ship extremely fast to bump up your DSRs, while your acc is still up and running.
Old 08-15-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by saijin View Post
I think you should just let it sit, don't close anything.
Another thing you can do if you prefer to keep it is sell low cost items and ship extremely fast to bump up your DSRs, while your acc is still up and running.
yeah, thanks, I'd hate to close it cause it's around 2000 feedback account.. funny thing is.. this low dsr account was suspended for 30 days for low dsrs.. and just restoerd a month ago.. I haven't used it since, but the dsrs are still low and below standard.. makes me wonder why they even restored it (the selling privileges on it) to begin with, if the dsrs were still low.. would be weird to see them bring it down again at next evaluation time if they just restored it
Old 08-15-2010
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

If it's restored and it has that many FBs. I'd suggest you do what I wrote above to boost it up.
You can also be creative in terms of asking for DSR / FB.

Btw, what's your DSR rating anyways?
Old 08-15-2010
Threadstarter  

thanks.

I'm around 3% in item described and around 3% in s/h charges .. the rest is ok.

it says this violation will be removed in december if no new ones are added

but as of now, the account says very low in policy compliance (low dsr goes under policy compliance), and I am just very curious to get an opinion from someone who maybe was in similar situation, as to what happnes to a freshly restored selling privileges account come next evaluation time (5 days from now) if they dsrs are still low

maybe they don't evaluate accounts that haven't sold or listed for sale anything since previous evaluation? maybe they give 30-60 day period to improve? but I just got that a couple months back before they suspendd it for 30 days..

hmmm who knows how they work

I'm tempted to just go on ebay chat and ask the csr what will happen to my account in 5 days

good idea?
Old 08-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

I think the two BIGGEST things that screw people up on the DSR's is shipping time, and shipping charges.

Luckily, they are also the easiest to fix.

1) Ship everything the same day or the next day.
2) Use "stealth" postage, where the cost is NOT listed on the shipping label.

Endicia has a stealth postage option, and Stamps.com probably has it as well, but I am not 100% sure.

A lot of people think that they should only be paying the ACTUAL cost to ship. They don't care that the packaging material costs money, or that you feel you should be paid something for your time. So, if you charge $4 for shipping, but the lable says $2.50, then they feel that you have misled them, or ripped them off. Stealth postage eliminates this.
Old 08-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

I offer free postage on all my items, and always send them within 1 day of purchase. This doesn't combat the problem 100% because you still have buyers who feel the need to give you 3 or 4 out of 5. But it does help.
Old 08-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by forummember View Post
I offer free postage on all my items, and always send them within 1 day of purchase. This doesn't combat the problem 100% because you still have buyers who feel the need to give you 3 or 4 out of 5. But it does help.
EXACTLY! This is my MO as well. Free shipping, because that is attractive to a buyer, and ship immediately. Most people, especially in the US, expect a package in their mailbox ten seconds later.
Old 08-15-2010
Threadstarter  

wait a minute.. I may have found my own answer to this.. is it possible that at each month's evaluation only last months ratigns come into play when they determine your accuont dsr standings? if so, then well, in my case, I haven't sold a thing in past month. which should put me in okay standing.

could this be right? if so, then I guess I'll just let this account sit til december, and wait for everything to roll off.