Newbie Has Been Very silly... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 12-12-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Unhappy Newbie Has Been Very silly...

hi,

i has an ebay account (buyers) at my parents address when i used to live there - i got 3 unpaid item strikes and received a suspension - i did not bother to re-open it

at my new address now 4 years later i open another account (only buyers account) and everything is fine. i decided to sell some stuff and again everything fine. i do computing and had some software for sale (legitimate bought from PC world and apple.com) but i got verod on three seperate occassions - then a copyright infringment!! so i got a suspension for seven days.

my husband then opened a sellers account at the same address & telephone number and IP address and everything is fine but has not listed anything.

i did not want to use my husbands account i wanted to use my own so decided to re-instate my OLD account (the one i had when i lived at my parents) this account has now been re-instated - i tried to make it into a sellers acc but i get an error message about the telephone number not being able to be verified??? Any idea what that is about?

I also tried to make accounts for my little sister who lives at my parents and cannot make a sellers account...

i have being doing all this using my PC at home and using my laptop at my parents - i have been logging in to all my accounts everywhere basically - i did not know they all could be linked just by loggong in :(

im worried now that all accounts in my household and my parents household will be banned!!

My MAIN question is if someone has been suspended once and they get their account re-instated, does that suspension stay on the account records forever? also if i get verod again or ebay remove a listing will i get another suspension or will this be a ban?? i.e after some time ebay should remove the previous breaches dont they???
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-12-2008

Wait untill the 7 days has past before you try anything on the others, or they will suspended them all for trying to register while suspended, If you get that account back first, you should be O.K.
My would not touch ebay no even browse the site until the 7 days are up, then email them to let them know its up through hotmail, yahoo etc.
Once you get it back then wipe all of you history, cookies and Flash cookies and set up set user account on your computer for each ebay account.
There may have just been a tempory problem with phone verifaction when you tried.

get you account back first, If you do get veroed again thats it 1 year or indefinatly suspention, You may get 1 or 2 warnings.
Old 12-12-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

if you get your account back and it was originally suspended for unpaid strikes only, then you should be ok to put vero products up, but i would wait at least 30 days, if you were done for vero your account will be vunerable for a long time and i advise 90 days or more.. The best thing to do if you want to sell vero, is to have a few extra accounts, and spread them out. There is a warning system on ebay, if you get a warning and you work the account too hard or try and relist same prodct, you will be suspended.
see the forum on how to do the above, reinstatement is not guarenteed,though.
Old 12-12-2008
Threadstarter  

the seven days were up and i sent my documents to them yesterday by upload - so fingers crossed! if this one gets re-instated then i will make damn sure i dont get vero'd again!

about the other account at my parents house - i just checked my email and they say ther are having a glitch with phone verification - but i have been trying for the past 7 days :(

i am not going to log in to any accounts now until this one is back up...

even if all get banned i still have my sister who is willing to open up an ebay account and let me have it ) but she doesnt have a landline - so im in the process of reading up all the phone verification methods...

one question - can i use a work number?

Last edited by dolores; 12-13-2008 at 03:07 PM.
Old 12-13-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

yes you can use work number (i would edit that bit about where you work, if it is correct) to verify ebay account, as long as its a direct line and doesn go thru your operator.

about your vero, if you sell vero again its likely, depending on product that you WILL get veroed at some point, thats why i say have a back-up.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 12-13-2008 at 10:02 AM.