Buy had opened a case about item not received. I won but now he wants me to open up.. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-03-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default Buy had opened a case about item not received. I won but now he wants me to open up..

Now he wants me to open a case with the postal inspector for a lost package \. Tracking said it got to his post office and was picked up but it was never actually picked up.. I am afraid that if I open up a lost package dispute do I lose seller protection through paypal in case I get a case opened there?.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-03-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%
Default Re: Buy had opened a case about item not received. I won but now he wants me to open

well, you wont win the case at the post office, if it says the parcel was picked up. (regardless of what the buyer says)

So if he did open another case on paypal, you could show them this.
But paypal will also see it as being picked up.

Guess some buyers dont realise how bad mail fraud really is..
Old 06-03-2016

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: Buy had opened a case about item not received. I won but now he wants me to open

Ignore him. Your deal was dealt byr Ebay terms and conditions, if he lost and is not satisfied - it is his own problem, as in 99% cases if tracking show that it was picked up, and customer claims it was not - it is a scam. So, just forget about him, there is not much he can do, except opening a case with pp, loosing it again, opening chargeback with his bank (so called "Friendly Scam"), getting his funds back at his bank's expenses, and finally getting happy.
Old 06-03-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 48%

Was the package insured? How was it shipped? Priority, first class, etc.?
Do you have a receipt from the post office or did you print the label out on line?

First, it doesn't matter what you do with the post office, ebay or paypal isn't involved with the post office. You wouldn't go through ebay/paypal to request an investigation into what happened to the package with the post office. They are separate entities. If you did ship the package and the post office did lose it, then I would definitely open up an investigation at the post office about where it is. If they talk to the carrier and find out that someone in this person's office picked up the package then your buyer needs to deal with the person in his office who handles the mail. Regardless, I would be mad if they lost one of my packages and I had to deal with a request through ebay/paypal because of the post office. I would be there with my receipts today. It also shows the buyer that you did in fact ship the package and are trying to get them their item. I don't understand why you wouldn't do that anyway.

Paypal has no idea what you are doing with lost items after the case is resolved unless you inform them and if the issue is resolved through paypal why would you call them? If you do, they will tell you that they aren't involved with the post office and do whatever you want. They view the issue as resolved. As a seller though, I would try to find out what happened and provide that information to my buyer.
Old 06-03-2016

Longevity: 55%

I had a buyer recently open up a case saying they didnt receive the item...sent me a really nasty message amd accused me of all sorta...i uploaded tracking which showed it had been signed for by him! Some scam artists about!