Need some Help Starting out (CANADA) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-12-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
Question Need some Help Starting out (CANADA)

Hello everyone I am new here and so far I see that the forum is quite informational but I am mainly seeing outdated landing pages in my face lol

I am from CANADA and looking starting out with eBay. I have sold stuff online before but never on eBay. I am looking to earn 2k per month starting and grow it to 10k soon hopefully

I plan on doing eBay drop shipping

What are the thing I will be needing to get started? How would you start if you had to start again with my goal?

I am guessing I will need a VPN, PP, eBay accounts and much more

Ill list some dumb questions I might have below:

1. Should I be buying a USA eBay and PP account? (not much for Canadians)
2. What company can I use to hook up to my PP
3. How long should set up take?
4. When using signing into the eBay or PP account what do I need to do? (clear history? turn on the VPN?) I am not sure if the VPN just needs to be turned on a minute before entering eBay or if it always needs to be on.
5. Will selling electronics be ok? (asking this because I saw someone say its high risk)
6. Why do we need multiple accounts? I thought there were many eBay millionaires lol
7. How do you manage lets say 5 accounts
8. What can I expect to earn after a month in ( I am not in a rush for cash I just like to have an idea)
9. do these questions annoy you? hahaha

Alright I'd like to thank whoever answers my questions in advance. I really do appreciate the answers

(Hoping I don't get shat on for my first post
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-12-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 47%
Default Re: Need some Help Starting out (CANADA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proelia View Post
Ill list some dumb questions I might have below:

4. When using signing into the eBay or PP account what do I need to do? (clear history? turn on the VPN?) I am not sure if the VPN just needs to be turned on a minute before entering eBay or if it always needs to be on.
5. Will selling electronics be ok? (asking this because I saw someone say its high risk)
6. Why do we need multiple accounts? I thought there were many eBay millionaires lol
8. What can I expect to earn after a month in ( I am not in a rush for cash I just like to have an idea)

Alright I'd like to thank whoever answers my questions in advance. I really do appreciate the answers

(Hoping I don't get shat on for my first post

OK, welcome to the forum. I will be glad to try and answer all of your questions at once. To be successful with your plan get the stealth guide and not just read it but learn it, read it many times in other words. After that ask any further questions that you are not clear about here on this forum, you will find plenty of people who will help. Next, dont get discouraged if you dont understand everything all at once. Understand up front that loosing a stealth account (or regular for that matter), is a pretty normal thing to have happen, even once you get pretty knowledgeable about creating and managing accounts, it's just part of the learning curve.
Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to davids01 For This Useful Post:
Proelia (06-12-2016)
Old 06-12-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids01 View Post
OK, welcome to the forum. I will be glad to try and answer all of your questions at once. To be successful with your plan get the stealth guide and not just read it but learn it, read it many times in other words. After that ask any further questions that you are not clear about here on this forum, you will find plenty of people who will help. Next, dont get discouraged if you dont understand everything all at once. Understand up front that loosing a stealth account (or regular for that matter), is a pretty normal thing to have happen, even once you get pretty knowledgeable about creating and managing accounts, it's just part of the learning curve.
Good luck.
Thanks for offering to answer my questions. I have read 2 stealth guides already but will still be buying this one (and a stealth account) since it seems like it will be very detailed. I tried to include questions that I don't think would be answered in the book. Eagerly waiting for them to be answered

I have one more to add to them. Are eBay/Amazon arbitrage tools worth it and do they work?
Old 06-12-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 18%
Longevity: 91%

A few quick notes for you:
1. Dropshipping is one of ebays least favorite activities and if they even think youre doing it youll get shut down.
2. Dropshipping is not very effective with accounts new to selling since they have the 21 day hold (and no you cannot buy an account without those holds) meaning cashflow will be an issue.
3. Selling electronics on an account new to selling is near impossible.
4. What you can expect to make after a month is anyone's guess and depends entirely on you and how you do things. Dont expect to max out after a month though - that is simply not realistic.
5. The questions are not annoying although some are unclear and most are answered in other threads or the stealth guide - so do your research and get the stealth guide.
The Following User Says Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
rsot (06-12-2016)
Old 06-12-2016
Threadstarter  

Wouldn't I be able to wait till after the 21 day hold then start the drop shipping? and during the hold just sell some household items?

What would I need to do in order to start selling electronics as soon as possible? (thats what I would like to sell)

Do you mean a brand new account or what exactly? I was planning on getting one of the 1000/25,000 accounts so I would be off to a better start.

How do the big electronic sellers work up to selling so damn much?? Some sell millions per month I see

seems like everyone pushes the forum owners ebook very hard here. Don't worry I will buy it. I see everyuthread a couple people link to it. I bet this forum is a selling machine
Old 06-12-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,935 Times in 8,226 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums Proelia - all the best as you master stealth

That's a long laundry list of questions - kind of a turn-off for people...sorry to say. slokor took the time to answer - hope it suits well
Old 06-13-2016

Longevity: 60%

1. NO!
2. What do you wanna hook up? A bank?
3. 1 hour
4. Always needs to be on. Create separate user on Windows/MAC and never reset cookies
5. DO NOT sell those until you have some established sales and some feedback
6. Just in case you slip that you dont have to start again
7. There are topics for that, use "SEARCH" button
8. With 0 experience dont expect much. Realistically I would say 100-500
9. There are no shortcuts. Read as much as you can on these forums and soak that info.
Old 06-14-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by epimetheus039 View Post

1. NO!
2. What do you wanna hook up? A bank?
3. 1 hour
4. Always needs to be on. Create separate user on Windows/MAC and never reset cookies
5. DO NOT sell those until you have some established sales and some feedback
6. Just in case you slip that you dont have to start again
7. There are topics for that, use "SEARCH" button
8. With 0 experience dont expect much. Realistically I would say 100-500
9. There are no shortcuts. Read as much as you can on these forums and soak that info.
Well I wanna attach whatever is best for Canadians to get that money out. You say to not use an american account. Why not? Does it matter since I will be drop shipping?

How many items should I sell on an account before adding electronics to the shop?
Old 06-14-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proelia View Post
Well I wanna attach whatever is best for Canadians to get that money out. You say to not use an american account. Why not? Does it matter since I will be drop shipping?

How many items should I sell on an account before adding electronics to the shop?
1) You will need a US bank account to withdraw the funds.
2) Paypal TAX ID that will happen either at projected 200 sales OR $20,000. It is harder getting EIN being in Canada than in US and on top of that it costs $at least 175 USD to get it.
Old 06-16-2016

Longevity: 56%

You need to sale real tangible goods first before you drop ship, otherwise you will be clueless. 2k a month for a new seller is a pipe dream. When I went full time I made 1k on my good months. Drop shipping is a risky game of LOW margins. Shipping time is usually very slow. Being a middle man is usually not something people appreciate if they find out. Can it be done? Yes. I would look for items worth your time that you can get stock easily. Example = go to your local Nike outlet and take pics of Lebron's on sale sizes 10-12. Go home, list, then go buy when they sale. Make 30 - 50 bucks. Rinse, repeat. This is safer IMO than relying on some Chinese warehouse that barely speaks english.
Old 06-17-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Hello and Welcome.

I am starting out as well, but I highly recommend that you read the Stealth Guide again and again to make sure that you understand the principles not just the tasks (things to do). As you understand the principles, you better understand what things you need to do to take your business where you want it to go.

I have read the Stealth Guide several times and, along with this forum, it is proving to be an eye-opener in terms of how to make this work AND how to make it so that it doesn't work. I don't believe that you can by-pass the guide and be successful in this business, but that's just me.