Very Weird Analysis made on my 8 Year Account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-28-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
Default Very Weird Analysis made on my 8 Year Account

I just want to apologise for such a long post, but I really need some help here

I have an 8 year old ebay account that I have been using periodically for selling items! Anyway, I started selling again since last month. Within the first week, I received a VERO warning and I removed all my listings and gave it a break for a week. After that, I listed the items again with different Title and descriptions and things have been pretty smooth for past 3.5 weeks EXCEPT the sales have gone down by 50-60%.

I fail to understand the reason. Earlier I was selling 20-25 items a day (some days good some days bad), after the Vero warning, sales reduced to EXACTLY 15 a day. Following each week after the warning, my sales have been steadily going down. Last week it was averaging EXACTLY at 10, now this week I am averaging EXACTLY at 8. Is eBay putting a restriction on how much can I sell each week? It clearly seems so. Seeing this trend, is it obvious that my sales will go down to 0?

My DSR was above standard when the review happened on the 20th. Everything on my account looks normal, so why this sudden and steady slash in sales. Can anyone please help me out on this analysis? I need some ways to increase my sales. What can I do? I know buying an Ebay Account is one option, but I won't be able to sell the VERO prone items right away ! Any other solutions?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%
Default Re: Very Weird Analysis made on my 8 Year Account

Maybe the item that was your best seller and got removed?

Hope not!
Old 07-29-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post
Maybe the item that was your best seller and got removed?

Hope not!
Well yes, my best seller got removed during the VERO warning. Well it accounted for 20% of my sales, so even if it was removed, i Should still be getting around 16-18 sales per day which is not happening. Its almost half of it

BTW, why does it matter that the best seller got removed? Please elaborate. Sorry I am a newbie
Old 07-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

1. Maybe more competition has come up? Checked it out?

2. So you are selling the same items in spite of a VERO warning on the account? Just clarifying the risk you are taking...
Old 07-29-2016

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Having. Vero violations will factor into your listing visibility.
Old 07-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
Having. Vero violations will factor into your listing visibility.
Yeah, It's like getting kicked in the nads.
Old 07-29-2016
Threadstarter  

Dang it! I knew VERO was the culprit. But hey guys, what are the chances they can bust me again? Its been 4 weeks, and I even cleared their review on 20th. Do you think they can pin me down anytime soon again? I have seen people selling similar products for almost 3-4 months without any problems, but i got kicked in the balls within a week, but hey my account seems fine at the moment- EXCEPT sales. Anyway, what can i do to speed up the sales? Any ideas? Anything that I can do to get my sales back?
Old 07-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolnl View Post
Dang it! I knew VERO was the culprit. But hey guys, what are the chances they can bust me again? Its been 4 weeks, and I even cleared their review on 20th. Do you think they can pin me down anytime soon again? I have seen people selling similar products for almost 3-4 months without any problems, but i got kicked in the balls within a week, but hey my account seems fine at the moment- EXCEPT sales. Anyway, what can i do to speed up the sales? Any ideas? Anything that I can do to get my sales back?
It's like sleeping with the enemy, you never know when your going to get stabbed in the face.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (07-29-2016)
Old 07-29-2016

Longevity: 50%

If you want to keep your account, you should stop selling vero items... as the caught you once, they will take a closer look at what you sell for some weeks, and of course they can take your account down whenever they want... and for many reason, buyer complain, competitor report.. I sold restricted items on ebay for years with the picturs of the products and their exact names without any issues ... but one day comes ..
The Following User Says Thank You to TOOKNAPA For This Useful Post:
RosieTosie (07-29-2016)
Old 07-29-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
It's like sleeping with the enemy, you never know when your going to get stabbed in the face.
What are the chances of my NEW stealth account getting banned if I start selling these VERO items? Do you think its worth a shot? Or is it a sure shot ban? I don't mind if I can sell at least 100-150 items before getting banned!! Do you think its worth taking a risk?
Old 07-29-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOKNAPA View Post
If you want to keep your account, you should stop selling vero items... as the caught you once, they will take a closer look at what you sell for some weeks, and of course they can take your account down whenever they want... and for many reason, buyer complain, competitor report.. I sold restricted items on ebay for years with the picturs of the products and their exact names without any issues ... but one day comes ..
Hey quick question: If i report my competitor, will the account holder get to know that I reported? And will ebay look into my accounts as well or no? Please clarify
Old 07-29-2016

Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Hey quick question: If i report my competitor, will the account holder get to know that I reported? And will ebay look into my accounts as well or no? Please clarify
ahaha, it's not a good thing to report your competitor, you should better learn from them to try to understand how they can sell something you cannot !! and also, people on this forum will kill you !!
But yes, Ebay will want to understand why a seller report another seller, and they will look at your account.. and then, you know what will happen
Old 07-29-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOKNAPA View Post
ahaha, it's not a good thing to report your competitor, you should better learn from them to try to understand how they can sell something you cannot !! and also, people on this forum will kill you !!
But yes, Ebay will want to understand why a seller report another seller, and they will look at your account.. and then, you know what will happen
I would never do that to my competitor. I think the only way I have survived is by mimicking my competitor. But I need to find my own innovative ways to get more sales. Do you think promoting my items via ebay store help?
Old 07-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Non of us know your answers. You will have to experiment. Also VERO means different things. If you are talking about ⊗⊗⊗⊗ items in high demand categories that you have never listed in before at below retail prices with high volume sales, yea, ebay will catch on within a few days.
Old 07-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
What are the chances of my NEW stealth account getting banned if I start selling these VERO items? Do you think its worth a shot? Or is it a sure shot ban? I don't mind if I can sell at least 100-150 items before getting banned!! Do you think its worth taking a risk?
Just to clarify for everyone here, when you say VERO - you know what it means right? Brandname copyright etc?

New stealth selling VERO items has high chance of being shutdown from the getgo
Old 07-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
In all honestly, it's your account....only you know if your willing to take the risk. If selling 150 items is worth getting the account limited...then go for it.
Old 07-29-2016
Threadstarter  

You all are wonderful! Thanks for all the insights. I might experiment to see if things workout for me. Once again, thanks for all your replies