Analysis Paralysis - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 01-30-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
Default Analysis Paralysis

I have purchased both books (Stealth and Ghost). Focusing on ebay to start. I have been reading through the forums since the beginning of the month because I want to make sure I understand. Though I realize some things have changed since the book was written, I keep searching the forums for the answers and get conflicting information.

Here is my takeaway so far:

- New windows user for each account (clearing cookies/flash cookies not necessary since new user account created....though still seems to be some back and forth on the forums about this)
- New IP address for each account and make sure to log IP's each time
- Set up new paypal account with stealth info (using VBA from seller on the forum, either VCC from seller or VV that I get on my own)
- Set up new ebay account with stealth info. (confused if I can use same VCC for paypal and ebay account)
- Create some browsing history, purchase some small things for a few weeks
- After a few weeks begin selling slowly

Some things like using the same VCC on both paypal and ebay are not clear. I did read that you can as long as there is enough $ on the card. But, doesn't say how much is enough.

Like the title says, I am going through serious analysis paralysis. As soon as I think I am ready to start a new account, I start thinking of new issues/problems/questions. I appreciate any help you can give.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-30-2014

Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Analysis Paralysis

It looks to me like you've been really thorough so far. I've made lots of stealth accounts, I'm not an expert BUT when I began I was always making silly mistakes which ultimately lead to accounts being suspended.

The best advice I could give is if you mess up, try again and learn from the mistakes. Take the next step and create your stealth account! Go for it! What's the worst that can happen?

In regards to your VCC I top up mine with a couple of quid, sometimes more and use the details on both paypal and ebay.
The Following User Says Thank You to onlinegirl For This Useful Post:
ebazstealth (01-30-2014)
Old 01-30-2014

Longevity: 63%

What I also have is an excel spreadsheet that I created to keep a record of accounts/passwords/numbers/emails/security questions etc. I find this helps me keep track of everything quite well.
The Following User Says Thank You to onlinegirl For This Useful Post:
ebazstealth (01-30-2014)
Old 01-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebazstealth View Post
I have purchased both books (Stealth and Ghost). Focusing on ebay to start. I have been reading through the forums since the beginning of the month because I want to make sure I understand. Though I realize some things have changed since the book was written, I keep searching the forums for the answers and get conflicting information.

Here is my takeaway so far:

- New windows user for each account (clearing cookies/flash cookies not necessary since new user account created....though still seems to be some back and forth on the forums about this)
With new Windows User Account there's no need to clear cookies, want to keep those cookies in place, ebay/paypal likes cookies.

Quote:
- New IP address for each account and make sure to log IP's each time
Correct, also make sure IP's aren't repeated across multiple accounts.

Quote:
- Set up new paypal account with stealth info (using VBA from seller on the forum, either VCC from seller or VV that I get on my own)
Correct

Quote:
- Set up new ebay account with stealth info. (confused if I can use same VCC for paypal and ebay account)
There's no need to use a VCC for ebay anymore, just need it for Paypal only.

Quote:
- Create some browsing history, purchase some small things for a few weeks
Browsing History is good, there's no real need to buy stuff but some do. I mainly focus on selling and feedback.

Quote:
- After a few weeks begin selling slowly
If you sell low risk items you can begin selling as early as a week or two.

Quote:
Some things like using the same VCC on both paypal and ebay are not clear. I did read that you can as long as there is enough $ on the card. But, doesn't say how much is enough.
You only need a VCC for Paypal, that's it.

Quote:
Like the title says, I am going through serious analysis paralysis. As soon as I think I am ready to start a new account, I start thinking of new issues/problems/questions. I appreciate any help you can give.
Overall your on the right track.
Here's how I do my accounts:
1. Setup the stealth information, Name Address, etc
2. Get a Visa Gift Card or VCC from forum sellers
3. Get a Phone number ready for verification call from Ebay
3. Create the User Account on PC
4. Install a Portable Firefox
5. Log onto the Internet, Check IP
6. Log into Ebay and create my Sellers Account
7. Receive Ebay's Phone Call with 4 digit code
8. Get sent to Paypal
9. Setup Paypal with the Gift Card of VCC
10. Enter VBA Info
11. Finish the email verify, security questions, etc on Paypal
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
ebazstealth (01-30-2014), grace (01-30-2014), yankee (02-10-2014)
Old 01-30-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinegirl View Post
What I also have is an excel spreadsheet that I created to keep a record of accounts/passwords/numbers/emails/security questions etc. I find this helps me keep track of everything quite well.
Yes, thank you for reminding me of this....I forgot to include in my steps I listed above. It is a must.
Old 01-30-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post

Overall your on the right track.
Here's how I do my accounts:
1. Setup the stealth information, Name Address, etc
2. Get a Visa Gift Card or VCC from forum sellers
3. Get a Phone number ready for verification call from Ebay
3. Create the User Account on PC
4. Install a Portable Firefox
5. Log onto the Internet, Check IP
6. Log into Ebay and create my Sellers Account
7. Receive Ebay's Phone Call with 4 digit code
8. Get sent to Paypal
9. Setup Paypal with the Gift Card of VCC
10. Enter VBA Info
11. Finish the email verify, security questions, etc on Paypal
Thank you for your advice and for showing me your steps. My bad with VCC for ebay. I saw some sellers selling seperate VCC's for Paypal and ebay and assumed. Anyhow.....portable firefox??? Will do some searching to learn more about this.

Anyone recommend setting up Paypal first, verifying, then setting up ebay or does it matter?
Old 01-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebazstealth View Post
Thank you for your advice and for showing me your steps. My bad with VCC for ebay. I saw some sellers selling seperate VCC's for Paypal and ebay and assumed. Anyhow.....portable firefox??? Will do some searching to learn more about this.
You can find the latest version of Portable Firefox here:
Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition | PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB, portable and cloud drives

The way I use it is, I install it in each user account separately so the cookies stay in the specific folder I install it in.
Old 01-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

For the VCC, you need at least $3 if just using for confirmation - if you want to buy with it, you need more $
Old 02-10-2014
Threadstarter  

Ok, so just to update myself I guess.......I am still having trouble second guessing my game plan. I guess it is because the guide says one thing then I think I remember reading another thing here in the forums. So, I am setting up my ebay account today and get caught up with the name details. Guide says use friend or family members name.....forum says no. Guide says choose a name that is legit that can be SSN and ID verified. Huh? That would be a big no for me. Guide says DBA or LLC and use EIN in place of SSN. Last discussion I could find was from 2012 saying some have had success with EIN, but there was a possibility that PP could ask for ID verification at any time. How do you overcome this if you have been previously banned? Also, in my state you can easily look up corporations online and see members listed. Any chance of this happening? Am I making this a bigger deal than it is? Just don't want to make mistakes and end up where I started.