Ebays new "TOP RATED SELLER" scheme - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay FeedBack

eBay FeedBack General discussions on eBay feedback, seller feedback, positive feedback, negative feedback, DSR rating, increase feedback

Old 08-20-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default Ebays new "TOP RATED SELLER" scheme

Come October eBay is introducing a new top tier of sellers that they say is achievable to sellers at all levels. It is based among other criteria on having few or no low (1/2) DSRs.

The thing is that they have created hysteria bordering upon hatred towards those sellers who meet these criteria and the discussion boards are alive with it. Lots of sellers who probably (feel that they) should meet the criteria fail by a whisker. Naturally they are not pleased.

As a Top Rates Seller (hereto TRS) you get a big yellow badge on your listings whether you want one or not. And thats going to make you a target for every crank, blackmailer, extortionist and spineless snitch in the eBay galaxy I kid you not.

Some sellers who meet the criteria are saying that they dont want a badge and how can they opt out of it. They are being told that they cant - without opting out of the powerseller program and losing their discounts.

This is going to create a whole new system to game - because only sales to those buyers registered on your home site count. For example if you are based in the UK then only sales to UK residents count towards TRS DSRs.

I foresee a lot of fun and games here - and a lot of blood on the carpet.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-26-2009

Longevity: 98%

I never shop on eBay unless I can't find the item anywhere else at this point. PayPal will not accept any of my cards without expanded use, which I refuse to allow, and eBay is full of sellers that only take PayPal.
Old 08-26-2009

Longevity: 89%

You should be able to shop on eBay and pay via another credit/debit card without sign-in or setting up paypal.
Old 08-27-2009

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
I never shop on eBay unless I can't find the item anywhere else at this point. PayPal will not accept any of my cards without expanded use, which I refuse to allow, and eBay is full of sellers that only take PayPal.

I am a little confused. How does shopping on eBAy apply to the first post in this thread?
Old 08-27-2009

When someone really wants to complaint about something, thread topic becomes less important. normal
Old 08-28-2009

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon999 View Post
When someone really wants to complaint about something, thread topic becomes less important. normal
Normal but sad....PS - I love the pic/avatar!!!!!
Old 08-28-2009
Threadstarter  

Unfortunately some people have the attention span of a grasshopper and cannot keep on topic.
Old 08-30-2009

Longevity: 95%

not to be off thread, ( sorry GB) but, is the perk of power seller status worth all the potiental blood shed? I think not for the little guy but, perhaps worth to the titanium tier. What do you think?
Old 08-31-2009
Threadstarter  

Sorry for long post ...

Powerseller is only worth it if you get the discounts! I dont because I am based on the UK but sell only on the US site so greedbay scammed me out of my discounts. You only get them for sales on the site on which you are registered.

I did briefly re-register on the US site because I have a US address (my shipper). But when they brought in all this "identity" stuff I thought it wisest to move back to UK registration because of course I wasnt listing from a US Ip address. The discount wasnt that great for me because I am only a lowly silver.

Yes you are right #8 - if you are a Tit the discounts can be considerable and many PS have come to rely on them. Now with this new set of changes - really another sneaky price hike - most will see their discounts shrink considerably from 25% to 5%. And the bitching, bickering and moaning has been considerable!

There is tremendous hostility about this new top level of PS and they will get BIG discounts. But only on sales based on their own site. I am on track for Top Rates Seller but again I will get screwed because I have compatratively few UK sales - over 90% of my sales are to the US.

And having that badge on your listings will be like having a target on your back due to the amount of jealously and hostility from the ones who didnt get it. I sure dont want it. I am even thinking of asking some of my "regular" customers to deliberately give me a couple of 1/2 ratings so I will fall below the threshold of eligibility but still remain a powerseller.

Incidentally the only privilage of being a powerseller is access to the forums where you can pick up a lot of useful advice from people some of whom are in a pretty big way of business.
Old 09-23-2009

Longevity: 94%
Send a message via MSN to alexzin Send a message via Yahoo to alexzin Send a message via Skype™ to alexzin

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglouis999 View Post
Sorry for long post ...

Powerseller is only worth it if you get the discounts! I dont because I am based on the UK but sell only on the US site so greedbay scammed me out of my discounts. You only get them for sales on the site on which you are registered.

I did briefly re-register on the US site because I have a US address (my shipper). But when they brought in all this "identity" stuff I thought it wisest to move back to UK registration because of course I wasnt listing from a US Ip address. The discount wasnt that great for me because I am only a lowly silver.

Yes you are right #8 - if you are a Tit the discounts can be considerable and many PS have come to rely on them. Now with this new set of changes - really another sneaky price hike - most will see their discounts shrink considerably from 25% to 5%. And the bitching, bickering and moaning has been considerable!

There is tremendous hostility about this new top level of PS and they will get BIG discounts. But only on sales based on their own site. I am on track for Top Rates Seller but again I will get screwed because I have compatratively few UK sales - over 90% of my sales are to the US.

And having that badge on your listings will be like having a target on your back due to the amount of jealously and hostility from the ones who didnt get it. I sure dont want it. I am even thinking of asking some of my "regular" customers to deliberately give me a couple of 1/2 ratings so I will fall below the threshold of eligibility but still remain a powerseller.

Incidentally the only privilage of being a powerseller is access to the forums where you can pick up a lot of useful advice from people some of whom are in a pretty big way of business.

Excuse me.Isn't the discount suite all ebay's site no matter where you list your items?
Old 09-24-2009
Threadstarter  

No! The discounts have different rules for each site. And the amounts are different for each site. You can only get the discounts for sales on the site you are registered on.

Some sites dont have discounts and some others have no listing fees!

I am registered in UK but I only sell on .com so I get zero discount. Just another way of eBay scamming me.

I did think of registering on the US site as a seller but that would be hellish confusing to my buyers. If they know an item is coming from the UK they are happy to wait 1-2 weeks for it to arrive but if they see a US registered address they will expect it a whole lot quicker.

The rules between say .com and co.uk are often substantially different and sometimes this works to your advantage and sometimes not. You have to learn how to game the system by working in the spaces between the rules.
Old 03-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

The discounts and the higher exposure to items is the only interesting feature of the Top rated seller program.

Am I right in thinking that the Power seller program is now dead? and replaced by this new top rated seller program?
Old 03-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Just found this: source: ebay

Becoming a Top-rated seller has its own rewards that will further help increase sales volumes.

* Highest fee discounts
* Increased visibility in Best Match
* Exclusive access to Feature First
* A prominent Top-rated seller badge on your view item pages

In line with these changes from 1st October, the current PowerSeller logo will no longer be displayed to buyers - this is because buyers don’t necessarily perceive that the PowerSeller logo is an accurate reflection of service quality. However, sellers qualifying for Top-rated seller status will get the new eBay Top-rated seller badge displayed prominently on their view item and profile pages, and throughout autumn we will test placement in other areas such as search result pages.
Old 03-21-2010

I have a question about top rated seller.

Does it mean someone will scrutinise your account or is it automatic like the power seller was?

Some of my competitors who I know are selling copies are top rated and so it leaves me thinking no one ever looked through their account.

Also I saw this guy:

Top-rated seller
seller'sname ( 456 [Feedback score is 100 to 499] )
98.1% Positive feedback

Get fast delivery and excellent service from eBay Top-rated sellers.

* Consistently receives highest buyer ratings
* Dispatches items quickly
* Has earned a track record of excellent service

98.1 and still top rated???
Old 03-21-2010
Banned

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riolas View Post
I have a question about top rated seller.

Does it mean someone will scrutinise your account or is it automatic like the power seller was?

Some of my competitors who I know are selling copies are top rated and so it leaves me thinking no one ever looked through their account.

Also I saw this guy:

Top-rated seller
seller'sname ( 456 [Feedback score is 100 to 499] )
98.1% Positive feedback

Get fast delivery and excellent service from eBay Top-rated sellers.

* Consistently receives highest buyer ratings
* Dispatches items quickly
* Has earned a track record of excellent service

98.1 and still top rated???
Its automatic so don't worry and its for the country ebay site you list on not the location of the account, and a little tip ebay dot com is easiest to get it on.
The Following User Says Thank You to vetus For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (03-21-2010)
Old 03-21-2010

Ok you've almost swayed me there.. I guess I should try it.. if it's automatic why is US ebay easier than the rest?