Modify positive feedback, Is it possible ? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay FeedBack

eBay FeedBack General discussions on eBay feedback, seller feedback, positive feedback, negative feedback, DSR rating, increase feedback

Old 02-11-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default Modify positive feedback, Is it possible ?

I have a buyer left positive feedback for me, however, the feedback statement is kind of negative. I communicate with him and he agreed to change the statement, but we can not figure out how to change a positive feedback.

Can this be done ? anyone has been there, done that ?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-11-2010
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

ebay can have it changed under certain circumstances, for example, "this item is BS and you're ugly" with positive feedback.

If I were you, easiest thing to do is click on "reply to feedback" reply stating your side, and have the buyer reply to your reply. Everyone will see this and know what happened.
Old 02-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

There is also a feedback amendment option which replaced the feedback withdrawal option.

You have to send a feedback amendment request and the buyer can then make the changes.
Old 02-15-2010
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Sure sure... but you only get 5 per 1000 feedbacks! Of course you want to save them for negatives; even then you get only 5 REQUESTS. How insane.... in the good old days these were able to me mutually withdrawn.

To get back on topic.... if it's positive, people won't really see the comment after 25 more. I'd leave it alone.
Old 02-16-2010
Executive [VIP]

Yes, I dont understand why they have made this option into what it is now and only allow you to amend feedback 5 times in 1000.

There are buyers who rashly leave feedback and regret it and I had a buyer leave a negative by mistake once and write a nice comment.

I tend to try to avoid them if possible but the bigger problems now are keeping accounts from getting suspended or restricted.
Old 02-16-2010
MU

This is going to be a bigger deal come april. They are implementing more strict feedback and dsr standards.
Old 02-16-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 88%

Neo,

I think the amend function you referring to is only good for negative feedbacks, not for a positive feedback left by buyers though.

Buyers could leave positive feedbacks but using a negative tone.. that's no good either, however, eBay does not allow revision on a positive feedback, at least I search eBay, can not find an answer..
Old 02-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Hiya First, Can you summarize what the changes will be in April, I would be interested to know the key points.

Thanks
Old 02-17-2010
MU

dsr percentages have to be 2% 1% 1% and 1% in order. These are your ones and twos, and positive feedback has to be 98%
(don't quote me on this)

They've been sending out emails about it for a little while.

this is the minimum, not required for power seller, but the minimum to sell. if you don't meet the requirements, you are limited to sell, very very little.
The Following User Says Thank You to First Edition For This Useful Post:
NZT (02-18-2010)
Old 02-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Hiya First, thanks for the info.

Sorry to sound dumb but can you tell me what the DSR percentages mean in terms of actual figures as I dont understand 2% and 1%

Does that mean than each DSR rating has to stay above 4.6 say?

I dont know what 2% or 1 % means
Old 02-20-2010
MU

It's like this...

Let's say you have 100 dsr ratings. 95 4's and 5 2's. You'll have 5% for 1's and 2's. So if 5 people out of 100 leave you a 2 for shipping and handling charges, watch out! This is even if they leave you positive feedback.... it's rather silly. The 4.6 score for example is an average. You could have 100% 3's be at a 3.0, and still be above the percentage.
The Following User Says Thank You to First Edition For This Useful Post:
NZT (02-21-2010)
Old 02-21-2010
Executive [VIP]

So the best you can do is to list an item as accurately as possible, reasonable postage charge, and send out fast + set up auto emails for communication.

Thats pretty much it, the ratings are out of your hands.

It makes me laugh sometimes, when I offer FREE postage I see that several buyers give me less than 5 stars for postage charges, lol.
Old 02-21-2010
MU

People have to understand the impact of the DSR. I always ask them to leave me perfect scores, or eBay is likely to kick me off. And I don't deserve it, let me know so I can make it right, etc...
Old 02-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Yes but it would be really difficult to educate the minority of ebay buyers that have the potential knowing or otherwise to mess you up.

For example I received 2 echeques that took 8 days to clear, and then I sent the item (which everyone should do anyway only after payment clears) The buyer then decides to leave a low DSR for dispatch time, despite the problem being their end and not yours.

This is just one example of how this can mess up your business.

The only way to counteract this is to send a couple of emails explaining the situation.

To be honest I send out the standard automated emails and as above explain items to the best of my ability, post out fast for a fair postage cost.

Then of course the rest of it is out of your hands. Like I say I sent my first 50 items with free postage and was interested to see that I had a 4.7 on postage charges, so someone is marking me down for free postage, go figure.

Also it is always a risk that if you try to be as professional as possible emailing buyers explaining DSR and its impact then there are also a minority that will use this as an opportunity to indulge in a little bit of "feedback blackmail" to either get a little more discount or some other favour in return for a nice 5 star rating.

Now I know there are not a lot of this type, but they are still there none the less.

I think you have a good point and that there is a case for emailing the buyer and explaining the impact of DSR, also it is an option to just hope for the best and hope that most buyers know what they are doing and are fair people.

Another tip I sometimes try out is to have an automated feedback rating that I leave for buyers, something like this:

****Excellent 5 Star Ebayer. Great job*** FIVE STARS!!!

This has the psychologically effect of a buyer thinking "well thats great, they rate me as 5 stars, the least I can do is return the favour"

Usually I leave this feedback in response to a positive comment, but often if a month has passed I leave feedback first.

I think the feel good feeling that a buyer gets from good feedback and especially that you mention them as being a "five star" ebayer will encourage them to leave the same for you.

It is true that most people who receive the above feedback will have a positive feeling and they will respond with a 5 star rating in return as this will add to that "good feeling" that they have. To mark you down on the ratings will dampen down that feeling. This is psychology at work!