eBay DSR Ratings - Account Below Standard Help - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay FeedBack

eBay FeedBack General discussions on eBay feedback, seller feedback, positive feedback, negative feedback, DSR rating, increase feedback

Old 10-14-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default eBay DSR Ratings - Account Below Standard Help

Hi my ebay account is currently below standard, these are the figures -

Item as described 1.00% 3 0.89% 3 Qualified
Communication 2.00% 3 1.78% 6 Qualified
Dispatch time 2.00% 3 3.25% 11 Notqualified
P&P charges 2.00% 3 0.89% 3 Qualified

i always thought that since my account had selling limits (of 38 items per mont) placed on it, was that all i had to do to get the account back to standard is from here on out get buyers to leave 5 star ratings for each of the four categories, which i have been doing, and the figures improved alot over the last month.

However today i was speaking to ebay via live chat and they told me something differnt and that, whether buyers leave 3, 4, or 5 stars this does not affect the percentages negativeley or postiveley, the only thing that affects the percentages is if low detailed seller rating are left (1 or 2 stars)

If 4/5 star feedback does not affect the percentages then how am i supposed to improve on the percentages??

can someone help me understand this dsr rating system more better? and what i need to do to get the account back to standard?

as you can see i have messed up on the dispatch time category, and this is the only thing that needs improving.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-14-2011

Longevity: 75%

You have to get your percentage rating below 2%. The only way you can do that is get loads of ratings that are not 1s & 2s

Looking at it I would say you haven't got a snowball in hells chance - not on 38 items a month anyway
Old 10-14-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post
You have to get your percentage rating below 2%. The only way you can do that is get loads of ratings that are not 1s & 2s

Looking at it I would say you haven't got a snowball in hells chance - not on 38 items a month anyway
is there any way of finding out the exact numer of ratings required?
Old 10-14-2011

Check in your dashboard how many ratings you have and then 2% of that is the maximum you can have

If 11 is 3.25% you have to get 11 down to 2%

11 is 2% of 550
11 is 3.25% of 338

Therefore you need 212 new ratings that are not 1 or 2
At 38 per month that will take at least 6 months

Alternatively start again and come back to this account when the ratings drop off after 12 months
Old 10-14-2011

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Alternatively start again and come back to this account when the ratings drop off after 12 months
Solid advice. However, don't just start again. Work out WHY you've got those low ratings. Simply starting again will mean you'll be back in this situation again.

On a new account I've been looking in the dashboard today, over 90 transactions, and I do not have 1 low rating.
Old 10-14-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Check in your dashboard how many ratings you have and then 2% of that is the maximum you can have

If 11 is 3.25% you have to get 11 down to 2%

11 is 2% of 550
11 is 3.25% of 338

Therefore you need 212 new ratings that are not 1 or 2
At 38 per month that will take at least 6 months

i have 199 ratings for dispacth time.

when you say the ratings drop off what do you mean? do they reset after 12 months? my first 10 dsr raitings were in october last year, so am i right to assume they will be reset this month?
Old 10-14-2011

It's the bad ones that have to drop off - when were they?

11 bad on 199 is 5.5% not 3.25
Old 10-14-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
It's the bad ones that have to drop off - when were they?

11 bad on 199 is 5.5% not 3.25
it shows up as 3.25 on my dashboard?

the majority were nov 10, dec 10.
Old 10-14-2011

Longevity: 78%

As a rule, when you choose the shipping, always pick economy shipping or some choice that makes ebay software expect shipping to take longer. Then when you send it First Class or Priority, and input tracking number, the buyer is not allowed to rate you on that part. It's an automatic 5 star rating

Also automatic 5 Stars with free shipping
Old 10-15-2011
Threadstarter  

i spoke to ebay earlier today and asked them if a selling limit of 38 per month is enough to get the limit lifted this month, they said that as long as i get all of them as high ratings then it is enough?
Old 10-15-2011

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboy View Post
i spoke to ebay earlier today and asked them if a selling limit of 38 per month is enough to get the limit lifted this month, they said that as long as i get all of them as high ratings then it is enough?
You never really know with them but you have no choice but to take their word. It will probably work out but others here can chime in.

Some thoughts- if you can, make sure to sell items not likely to get complaints. I sold new hands free jar openers a few months back, no problems at all. Mainly to gain feedback. Now I have some older HP calculators listed.

Maybe make it 13 ounces or less, put First Class Free Ship in the listing title and or the listing itself (or substitute with priority mail) and ensure you choose parcel post or economy shipping when choosing a ship option. Depends sometimes i leave parcel post then have planned to upgrade it to priority or first class so I let them know it will arrive sooner than expected.

Pack well, communicate to the buyer when you mail the product. You can probably save the account but you really need to work hard doing it. Feedback doesn't mean much, your funds won't get released now until 4 days after they can verify it was delivered (either thru tracking or feedback left by buyer). you will do fine
Old 10-16-2011

Longevity: 73%

Good luck getting the account back on track.

I was in a similar position as you - needed to get my DSR's up but had a restriction on how many items I could sell.

It kinda puts you in an impossible position, there is a very high number of 5's required to get those percentages down - but because of the restriction on selling amounts it becomes (in my case) impossible.

Also not everyone leaves feedback too, so even if you sell your 38 a month it still may not be enough.

Top and bottom of it was that even though I sold to the limit and got only positives and no more 1 or 2* ratings the account was limited to buying only.

When I was first warned by ebay, I contacted them and they told me that I had 3 months to pull my socks up else I was for the chop. And they were true to their word, a little after 3 months they pulled the plug on my selling.

Luckily becaue of this place, not all is lost if things go belly up!

My advice is keep selling, make sure everything is perfect with the transactions BUT get a stealth account ready just in case. Even if you don't lose the account at least you will have another ready and waiting on the sidelines for when you do lose the account.

What I'm interested in now is what will happen to the account after say 6 months, or a year. I wonder if I will be able to get the account back after the low DSR stars have dropped off...

Last edited by FizzyFish; 10-16-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Old 10-16-2011
Threadstarter  

im thinking of creating ⊗⊗⊗⊗ buying accounts and buying the items myself and leaving high dsr ratings, what do you think?
Old 10-17-2011

Bad idea.

When customers have bought more than one item from me in the past the feedback only counts for 1 - I presume it's the same for DSR's.

Also it would probably look really suspicious if one account suddenly buys 3o something items from you.

Maybe if you could set up 30 something accounts for each month then maybe!! But I think you are setting yourself up for a fall doing that.

Just do your best to make sure you get your 5*'s and sales. Drop the prices of stuff to guarantee sales. It will be less hassle to keep your account live than to have to start going stealth and to have to start off again with an account limited to 10 sales a month...
Old 10-17-2011

Longevity: 72%

I have Low detailed seller ratings* Its a load of crap! Buyers are complaining about Postage Costs because they don't believe its now minimum $5.00 to ship small Parcels.

90% of my products ship in eBay's Click and Send satchel bags i have to buy the bags and then its $5.50 -500g and 9.50 - 3Kg costs to ship them. We only charge this to the buyers even though its costs us for the bags!! and we still get abused!

Why is eBay's not telling buyers Postage costs have gone up again and they are through the roof prices. I posted 2 envelopes today and because they didn't fit the mail slot by only a tiny bit they wanted $8.00 to ship them! The customers only paid $2.50 shipping! We also ship goods mostly the same day or next day although listing says within 3 business days!

Australia Post Victoria to Victoria are delivering in around 3 - 6 business days and we are abused for it! Its all a joke!! the Feedback system needs to be changed quick smart! Its does not reflect the truth in buying and selling because buyers will bitch about anything and every thing.

You need to lodge a complaint to eBay you should not be shut down if you know you are shipping within 3 business days! You cant help the high postage costs and the the time it takes for delivery via Australia.

System needs to change!
Old 10-18-2011

Suck it up man, free P&P is the only way IMO - then it's a guaranteed five star on the postage.

Also all the crappy emails I get from ebay and auctiva say people love free p&p - in fact they expect it these days.

Oh and as for complaining because people have left you low DSR's even though you know you don't deserve them isn't going to get you anywhere. Try posting from China!! Even if I post within hours, people score according to delivery time. So if it arrives within 2 weeks, that's not quick enough - here's a low DSR for your trouble.

I have had a customer leave a negative before the anticipated delivery date in the past - despite telling the customer when the item would arrive, and the delivery time being clearly stated in the listing.

Like you said "buyers will bitch about anything and every thing" very true - but if you wanna stay in business on ebay you have to learn to lap it up and then get ready to go back for more! Just revel in the fact that every sale you make increases your pocket money and you didn't even have to deal with that a-hole in person! Result!
Old 10-18-2011

Nice one FizzyFish
Old 10-19-2011
Threadstarter  

if you offer free pnp (i suppose you could include it in the item price) but what would you do if a customer wanted to return the item back to you?
would you offer them a full refund?
Old 10-20-2011

In my opinion, yes definitely - think about the big picture. Maybe you lose a couple of sheckles by doing so, but you have reduced the chance of getting that negative that is going to cost you your account.

That's how I lost my nice unlimited account, by penny pinching and not giving 100% customer support (aka doing some supreme arse kissing).

Think about how much you make in a month - is it out weighed by the amount you would lose on that postage? Yes? then something is wrong. No...then forget about it move on, you can sell that item again. it's not biggie, just part of business. Everyone makes a loss here and there. But paying back postage isn't going to kill you. Anyway, I think there is a legal obligation to refund all the money.

Which is worse? No account or having to refund a little bit of postage?
Old 10-21-2011
Threadstarter  

so i got evauted today evyerythin else is ok, but dispatch figure has moved to 3.08% (from 3.25%), with 20 dsr ratings this month. so i guess i need approx another 100 ratings for it to reach 2.00%.

i contacted ebay trust and safety a few days ago and they said if it improved to give them a call back to ask them if they can increase sellling limits, im hoping they would do this! has anyone had any experience on the likeley sellig limit they would give me if i was successful.

also another thing i wanted to ask was last month i used to hound buyers to leave 5* dsr ratings and ebay sent me an email with the subject "educate" andbasically they stated in the email that im not allowed to do this, and leaving feedback is optional.

i remember the way i phrased my messages to buyeres were "please leave 5* dsr ratings" if i said "please consider leaving 5* dsr ratings if you were happy with my service" in the listing (or as a message), do you think this would be an issue with ebay?
Old 10-22-2011

What I tend to do is to send a message outside of ebay after I post an item as a courtesy with all the tracking info and estimated delivery time etc but I also mention feedback and the 5* thing.

If it is done straight to the buyers email then ebay wont be able to monitor that and the chance of someone complaining is pretty much zero.