Update to Feedback Removal Policy - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay FeedBack

eBay FeedBack General discussions on eBay feedback, seller feedback, positive feedback, negative feedback, DSR rating, increase feedback

Old 01-16-2009
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default Update to Feedback Removal Policy

I thought this will be a good post for people who sells internationally. I try to avoid this by marking all my packages as gifts and with low value between $5 to $10 to make buyers happy and to leave positive feedback.

You can find the direct link here A Message from Dinesh Lathi - Update to the Feedback Removal Policy, New Payment Methods and Other Important News

BooMer

From Ebay "- Dinesh Lathi

Hello everyone…We hope you enjoyed the holidays. My team and I are looking forward to kicking things off in 2009. I’d like to provide you with a few important selling-related updates and reminders you should be aware of as you prepare your listings for the new year.

Update to Feedback Removal Policy – Customs Fees
Many of our cross-border sellers have asked for help when they receive a negative/neutral Feedback rating because they wouldn’t mark an item as “gift” in order to sidestep customs fees. eBay will now remove Feedback if a) the listing meets the Customs Requirements below and b) the seller receives a negative or neutral Feedback comment which references customs delays or customs fees.

The following text, or very similar wording, must be included in the listing and be:

* In the format below
* In a font size no smaller than the majority of the other text in the item description
* Prominently displayed (in the upper half of the description, free-standing, etc.)

“International Buyers – Please Note:

* Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility.
* Please check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying.”

In addition, sellers may wish to include additional helpful statements for their buyers, such as:

* “These charges are normally collected by the delivering freight (shipping) company or when you pick the item up – do not confuse them for additional shipping charges.”
* “We do not mark merchandise values below value or mark items as ‘gifts’ - US and International government regulations prohibit such behavior.” -"
The Following User Says Thank You to BooMer For This Useful Post:
philly387 (01-16-2009)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-16-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

Good info Boomer!
Old 01-18-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Modee, I know what you are saying.

You mark the item as a Gift with no Value and put a Birthday card in it with no invoice. Customs will not question that. I have done this too but only when requested.

BooMer
Old 01-18-2009

Longevity: 98%

Have people ever gone to jail for lying and marking something as gift on a customs form? It is a felony to do that.
Old 01-19-2009
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I really doubt that you will go to jail unless you are sending illegal stuff. You might get the package confiscated or something of that nature or customs will just hold the package and have the recipient pay for the customs fees. I have had this happened to me before when I mark the package as a gift with no value and Customs opened the package and they determined a value for the item and charged my buyer the extra taxes/custom fees. Some of my Canadian customers have PO Boxes set up in the states where they have it shipped there and then bring it back over the border. That's why I put a low value instead of No value to avoid customs from opening the package.

BooMer