Will non payment of EBAY fees affect your credit? Collection Agencies? LEGAL ACTION? - Page 4 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay Fees

eBay Fees Dealing with your eBay Fees

Old 04-19-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%

HI: My MOm recd a Collections notice from St. Paul Minn, cant remember the Collections Co name, but it was for a neg Paypal Balance.. She ignored, it, they sent for about 3 months--once she wrote them a nasty letter telling them pp deducted maint fees to make the act go neg-the letters stopped..

Old 04-19-2008

Longevity: 99%
Default One good point there is don't ignore them...

if you do not respond at all to them, they can sneak onto your credit report.

You have to deny you owe the money. It is fact, you don't owe it. But don't ignore it or it may show up on your credit history.

My mistake was a phone company that billed me for a call that never occurred. Charged me $50 for it. I called them the day I got the bill and said, I don't even know this number how could it possibly be mine?

They insisted it came from my phone. I KNOW it didn't because my phone keeps a record of all outgoing phone calls.

So, when they sent it to a collection agency, I was angry and ignored them. The result was that it showed up on my credit report.

Do not ignore collection agencies. Just deal with them firmly. "I do not owe this money and stop calling me".
Old 04-19-2008

Longevity: 92%

I will say "some one hijacked into my ebay account and thus I don't own any fees" is that okay even if i did withdraw money to my bank account?
Old 04-19-2008

Default I wouldn't get too elaborate...

just say you don't owe the money.

You didn't withdraw money from EBAY, you withdrew it from Paypal. Different issue.
Old 04-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 94%

ive always wondered what to do in this situation should it ever arise for me. interesting stuff.

I once had this Indian who bidded on one of my items around $240-50 value. He refused to pay saying he changed his mind, after i threatened to get my debt collection agency onto him, he didnt believe me, had a friend call his home number which of course what taken from ebay, "hello my name is bla bla from avenue service etc " long story short the idoit ended up paying. its funny to see how many people you can trick into believing that you will get a debt collection agency onto them should they not pay.

another method is to ring there house at all hours of the nite, they soon pay up after that. lol ive gotten a little off track
Old 04-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Wink Shhh!

jscan, keep somethings sacred. I will go look at Modee lingo for
future use. I like your idea.
Old 04-19-2008

Default In the US that is illegal now...

if you tell them to stop calling, they have to stop.

Saying you don't owe the money is the other thing to always insist, especially if in the right.

They don't care about you period.

I had a credit card feu pas (sorry for horrible french) years ago that screwed me and it is still on my report. I got convinced to go on electronic billing on a credit card. I thought, that is fine, I always keep up. Used it for about a year and got another card I liked much better (better cash back).

I stopped using the electronic card altogether and forgot about it, but it was still on Amazon's list of credit cards I had used. I eventually purchased an item at Amazon, and accidentally selected that card during a purchase, and Amazon charged $100 to it. I had cut the card freakin' up, but it was still on the internet.

I didn't even know. No one made any effort to contact me at all. Then, I applied for a mortgage. They said I owed nearly $300 on a credit card. I said, no way!!

Sure enough, there it was. Still, no one would have ever told me or requested my payment. Hmmm.

So, finally, I paid $300 for $100 of merchandise, mostly in ridiculous overcharge fees to get my loan.

A simple mistake while selecting a list of credit cards in a pulldown cost me $200 and nearly lost me a chance at the mortgage. And it is still on my credit report 6 years hence.
And they didn't give a rat's butt about me at all through the entire thing and still don't.
Old 04-19-2008

Another thing I forgot to mention the first time I recieved anything from ebay about I haven't paid them fees it was not from a phone call but rather a letter (or whatever you call that) in my Post Office Box (the same one I put on ebay personal infomation) from some collection agency I don't remember about 3-4 months ago. Now they did call but it was a different agency which I mentioned before (I.C. System) and they first wanted to verify If I still live at my house (I think they got my real house address since I had it in ebay personal info. before I edited to a PO BOX). So, If anyone knows why the first time they just sended me a bill and the second time phone call, it will really help!
Old 04-20-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
jscan, keep somethings sacred. I will go look at Modee lingo for
future use. I like your idea.
you should try it the next time you get an idiot seller who refuses to pay or just "forgets", people need there sleep
Old 04-20-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Wink Cos it's you

jscan, you might be surprised to know that I have played a whole heap of
such paybacks like you. Whoever said revenge is a better dish served......
anyway you can, was quite correct. You get SO annoyed that you have to do
something.
I have tricks that I have forgotten that can used for payback.
Old 04-20-2008

Have to disagree with the majority of replies so far....... if your credit is in good standing, and there is the slightest..and i mean slightest chance that these tossers can affect that.. pay them, it's a pitifull small amount, and black/strikes on your personal credit history can and WILL cause you years of ballache..
Old 04-21-2008

I decide to rather pay them monthly for the money I owe $118 rather then get a bad credit history.

Anyway, I am just curious can paypal contact your bank if they want to find something about you (home address, phone #) or a closed bank account you had?
Old 04-21-2008

Longest answer i could think of... Nope..
Old 04-21-2008

Ok guys I think I need to jump in here.

The letter they send you is called a dunning letter. You have 30 days to deny that the bill is NOT yours. You must send the letter asking them to send you full and complete proof that it is yours, that doesnt mean a letter with an amount on it, it means full and complete information such as the dates, times, amounts etc. It is the law they have to prove to you it is your debt, this is called verifying the debt.

Now I know IC System (PP and ebay also uses NCO Collections ) well enough to know they cannot verify the information so therefore once you send them the letter 90% of the time they will go away.

You must be careful as they will call you a gazillion times per day harrassing you at all times to force you to answer phone, once you do that and admit that you are that person you have just verified that it is you and that is your phone number that you answered the phone. This is a mistake.
The way around that is to answer the phone and tell them that you just got this phone number a couple days ago and tell them they have the wrong person and to stop calling. Once you ask them to stop they by law have to stop calling you.

This is just for those who they have the SS # to. If they do not have the SS # they are toast, they cannot collect on an invisable person because they cannot verify it is you!!!

ADVICE to all, if you get suspended on any account and it appears it is dead to not come back, change your phone no right away.

IC systems will call you until you ears bleed. Its called harrassment.
They are not allowed to over call you and they will and they also are not allowed to call before 9 and after 9 and not allowed to call on Sundays and they will.

If they do have your ss no you can beat them but if it is a small amount like 100.00 or under, pay it and go on.

I HAVE BEATEN THEM AT 6K IN FEES WHEN THEY CANNED MY 1995 ACCOUNT FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER. They put it on my credit report etc and I went after them a defeated them, trade line was removed and they went away nicely.

Reason: I had them on more then 3k in FCRA violations and recorded phone calls of even more violations.

So, do not answer the phone, change it.
If you cannot change you phone and they continue to harrass you in most cases not all because they are trained to get your to talk, take the call and tell them what I mentioned above.

If they have your SS and it is a small amount pay them and go on. If you get the dunning letter and they have your SS then you must by law ask them for verify that it is yours, you have 30 days to do so or they can start reporting on your credit file.

If they do not have your SS, they cannot collect unless you tell them it is yours and then you are really in deep poo if you do that.

I have defeated some of the largest collection law firms in the country and IC systems is a huge violator of the laws that protect consumers. FCRA and FDCRA
Old 04-21-2008

well when they called my mom picked up and said I was hope so she already confirm I live in that house. So i am deciding to pay and will say "this debt was incurred by my friend since he was using my account without my knowledge so i will pay because I don't want anything bad happen to my credit report" thanks for all of your help!
Old 05-05-2008
Executive [VIP]

Know what you do…..agree to pay them oh say $1.00 per month, and then after about 3 months write the jerks a letter telling them you placed THEM on restriction pending further verification and make PayPal submit a laundry list to YOU.

Once they satisfy your obscene demands, and if you so desire, tell them you have lifted the limitation and will continue to pay them not $1.00 a month as promised but a mere .50 cents a month.

See how they like it.

Last edited by Modee; 05-05-2008 at 05:33 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lisa B For This Useful Post:
Brainbuster (05-29-2015)
Old 05-06-2008

Default question about non payment of fees

hello
i am a small time seller on ebay. i sold a couple of things back in january and my ebay fees came to $16.20 . the credit card that i had on file had expired, and i did not know about this. I had a health issue for which i was hopitalized for 2 months and when i came back from the hospital i got a letter in the mail from a collection agency about this $20 debt. i also got a suspension email from ebay. Then i went to MyeBay and paid it.
I have PERFECT credit, and i am looking into buying an apartment within the next year or 2, and i would hate for this to show up on my credit.
All i want to know is will it show up on my credit?
I tried calling the collection agency and ask, but their number is a tape, there is no humans to talk to. The collection agency's name is IC systems and their number is 651-204-1341

Last edited by Mclean; 05-06-2008 at 04:11 PM.
Old 05-06-2008
Executive [VIP]

More then likely it will be put on your credit at some point in time, however...there are legal ways to get it off. You don't have to pay for anything nor give your information out to a stranger its all about how much of the fair credit reporting act u know. If u need me to point u in the right direction just PM me.

Last edited by Modee; 05-06-2008 at 07:27 PM.
Old 05-07-2008

Longevity: 93%
Thumbs up Dispute Letter to Collection Agencies

I found this "sample" which I think is great if you received a letter from a collection agency regarding eBay fees.

Your Name
123 Your Street Address
Your City, ST 01234

Big Bad Credit Collector
Their Street Address
Some City, ST 56789

6/8/2008

Dear Collector,

I am writing in response to your letter dated May 28, 2008 [copy enclosed]. This is the first letter I've received from you on this matter.

I do not believe that I owe what you say I owe, and I request that you please do the following:

1. tell me what this money that you say I owe is for
2. show me how you calculated what you say I owe
3. give me copies of any papers that show I agreed to pay what you say I owe
4. show me that you are licensed in my state, and give me your license number
5. stop contacting me about this or any other matter you have, except to provide me with proof that I owe what you say I owe

I demand that you also send a copy of this dispute to the company that you say I owe money to, so that they do not report this on my credit report.

I further demand that if you have reported me to a credit reporting company, you tell them that I do not agree with this debt.

Sincerely,

your signature

Your Name
The Following User Says Thank You to beus For This Useful Post:
Brainbuster (05-29-2015)
Old 05-07-2008
Executive [VIP]

I like this, I might use it. Thanks!
Old 05-14-2008

Default Ebay fees not under my name

I was using an ebay account with my cousin's address but a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and ⊗⊗⊗⊗ number. Ebay sent that account with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name to collection. The last name/first name are very different to anyone living in that household, so the collection agency will not attempt to collect the debt from people who are living at that address right by calling them? The number is listed on that ebay account is different than their house phone.

2nd Question is , recently my power seller account was suspended , even after my email to their president , they would not reinstate the account. That ebay account accumulated over $300 in eBay fees. The original account holder is my uncle's name and so if I need to submit for reinstated I needed to submit his ID.

I have changed the name/main address on that account to a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name/ ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address before it was suspended. My question now is , who they will send the collection bill to? the original owner who had the account 7 years ago? or th name changed to? I tried to ask billing , they said whatever name is listed on the account...

Last edited by ryu264; 05-14-2008 at 03:57 PM.
Old 05-14-2008

Longevity: 93%
Wink BEST DISPUTE LETTER to Collection Agencies

Here is the best dispute letter to Collection Agencies. Also here is a great web site.

Attempt to Validate Debt.

Under the Federal Debt Collection Practices Act, you are allowed to challenge the validity of a debt that a collection agency states you owe to them. Use this letter and the following form to make the agency verify that the debt is actually yours and owed by you. Keep a copy for your files and send the letter registered mail.

Your Name
123 Your Street Address
Your City, ST 01234

ABC Collections
123 NotOnYourLife Ave
Chicago, IL

Date:

Re: Acct # XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is being sent to you in response to a notice sent to me on September 30, 2002). Be advised that this is not a refusal to pay, but a notice sent pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (b) that your claim is disputed and validation is requested.

This is NOT a request for “verification” or proof of my mailing address, but a request for VALIDATION made pursuant to the above named Title and Section. I respectfully request that your offices provide me with competent evidence that I have any legal obligation to pay you.

Please provide me with the following:

# What the money you say I owe is for;
# Explain and show me how you calculated what you say I owe;
# Provide me with copies of any papers that show I agreed to pay what you say I owe;
# Provide a verification or copy of any judgment if applicable;
# Identify the original creditor;
# Prove the Statute of Limitations has not expired on this account
# Show me that you are licensed to collect in my state
# Provide me with your license numbers and Registered Agent

At this time I will also inform you that if your offices have reported invalidated information to any of the 3 major Credit Bureau’s (Equifax, Experian or TransUnion) this action might constitute fraud under both Federal and State Laws. Due to this fact, if any negative mark is found on any of my credit reports by your company or the company that you represent I will not hesitate in bringing legal action against you for the following:

* Violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act
* Violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
* Defamation of Character

If your offices are able to provide the proper documentation as requested in the following Declaration, I will require at least 30 days to investigate this information and during such time all collection activity must cease and desist.

Also during this validation period, if any action is taken which could be considered detrimental to any of my credit reports, I will consult with my legal counsel for suit. This includes any listing any information to a credit reporting repository that could be inaccurate or invalidated or verifying an account as accurate when in fact there is no provided proof that it is.

If your offices fail to respond to this validation request within 30 days from the date of your receipt, all references to this account must be deleted and completely removed from my credit file and a copy of such deletion request shall be sent to me immediately.

I would also like to request, in writing, that no telephone contact be made by your offices to my home or to my place of employment. If your offices attempt telephone communication with me, including but not limited to computer generated calls and calls or correspondence sent to or with any third parties, it will be considered harassment and I will have no choice but to file suit. All future communications with me MUST be done in writing and sent to the address noted in this letter by USPS.

It would be advisable that you assure that your records are in order before I am forced to take legal action. This is an attempt to correct your records, any information obtained shall be used for that purpose.

Best Regards,

Your Signature
Your Name
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beus For This Useful Post:
Brainbuster (05-29-2015), TeamUp (10-02-2012)