Will non payment of EBAY fees affect your credit? Collection Agencies? LEGAL ACTION? - Page 5 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Auction Listing > eBay Fees

eBay Fees Dealing with your eBay Fees

Old 05-16-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default Anyone Know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryu264 View Post
I was using an ebay account with my cousin's address but a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and ⊗⊗⊗⊗ number. Ebay sent that account with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name to collection. The last name/first name are very different to anyone living in that household, so the collection agency will not attempt to collect the debt from people who are living at that address right by calling them? The number is listed on that ebay account is different than their house phone.

2nd Question is , recently my power seller account was suspended , even after my email to their president , they would not reinstate the account. That ebay account accumulated over $300 in eBay fees. The original account holder is my uncle's name and so if I need to submit for reinstated I needed to submit his ID.

I have changed the name/main address on that account to a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name/ ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address before it was suspended. My question now is , who they will send the collection bill to? the original owner who had the account 7 years ago? or th name changed to? I tried to ask billing , they said whatever name is listed on the account...
ANYONE KNOW?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-15-2008

Longevity: 90%

My situation I owed a couple thousand because of an awry transaction. In my case it happened a year and a half ago, have NOT paid it and it has not show up on my credit report or anything.. Of course the situation could be different for other people.. Just thought I would add my experience..
Old 01-03-2009
Banned

So wait - if we get called by I.C. systems should we call them back and deny that X person doesn't live here? Or should we change our number altogether/put them on the blocked list?
Old 01-03-2009
Executive [VIP]

if its your real info, you should pay up. If not, you can dispute the charge or try your methods
Old 01-03-2009
Banned

What do you mean by that? Your answer is very unclear.

Basically, they have my name, but no SSN#. I'm thinking about telling them X person doesn't live here.
Old 01-04-2009
Executive [VIP]

on one of Modee's post he said something like if they have enough verifying information they can get it to a credit agency or something like that
Old 01-04-2009
Banned

Hopefully Modee can respond here.

Do I accept that I am who they claim me to be or do I deny it?
Old 01-05-2009
Banned

Ahem....

An answer, please, from someone who has dealt with this before?

Basically they have my first and last name but no social.
Old 01-06-2009

Longevity: 98%

I think you can claim someone took your info from the phonebook and did a prepaid credit card and put your info on the card. Then you can dispute the claim with your credit agencies.
Old 01-07-2009

Longevity: 89%

Paypal’s user agreement has already been found in court to be non-enforceable, and now Paypal is resorting to hiding behind its Privacy Policy.

Stern advice - if ANY collection agency contacts you on Paypal’s behalf - IMMEDIATELY send out this -

Attempt to Validate Debt.

Under the Federal Debt Collection Practices Act, I am allowed to challenge the validity of a debt
that a collection agency states I owe to them. Keep a copy for your files and send the letter registered mail.

Your Name
123 Your Street Address
Your City, ST 01234

ABC Collections
123 NotOnYourLife Ave
Chicago, IL

Date:

Re: Acct # XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is being sent to you in response to a notice sent to me on September 30, 2008. Be advised that this is not a refusal to pay, but a notice sent pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (b) that your claim is disputed and validation is requested.

This is NOT a request for “verification” or proof of my mailing address, but a request for VALIDATION made pursuant to the above named Title and Section. I respectfully request that your offices provide me with competent evidence that I have any legal obligation to pay you.

Please provide me with the following:

* What the money you say I owe is for;
* Explain and show me how you calculated what you say I owe;
* Provide me with copies of any papers that show I agreed to pay what you say I owe;
* Provide a verification or copy of any judgment if applicable;
* Identify the original creditor;
* Prove the Statute of Limitations has not expired on this account
* Show me that you are licensed to collect in my state
* Provide me with your license numbers and Registered Agent

These questions should be answered also

Who is the current owner of this alleged debt?

Who is the original creditor for this alleged debt?

If [NCO/AIS] is the current owner, when was it purchased?

Who was it purchased from?

Have you assigned the alleged debt to another entity for collection?

If so, who?

If [NCO/AIS] has sold or otherwise transferred this alleged debt, to whom was it sold and when.

At this time I will also inform you that if your offices have reported invalidated information to any of the 3 major Credit Bureau’s (Equifax, Experian or TransUnion) this action might constitute fraud under both Federal and State Laws. Due to this fact, if any negative mark is found on any of my credit reports by your company or the company that you represent I will not hesitate in bringing legal action against you for the following:
o Violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act
o Violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
o Defamation of Character

If your offices are able to provide the proper documentation as requested in the following Declaration, I will require at least 30 days to investigate this information and during such time all collection activity must cease and desist.

Also during this validation period, if any action is taken which could be considered detrimental to any of my credit reports, I will consult with my legal counsel for suit. This includes any listing any information to a credit reporting repository that could be inaccurate or invalidated or verifying an account as accurate when in fact there is no provided proof that it is.

If your offices fail to respond to this validation request within 30 days from the date of your receipt, all references to this account must be deleted and completely removed from my credit file and a copy of such deletion request shall be sent to me immediately.

I would also like to request, in writing, that no telephone contact be made by your offices to my home or to my place of employment. If your offices attempt telephone communication with me, including but not limited to computer generated calls and calls or correspondence sent to or with any third parties, it will be considered harassment and I will have no choice but to file suit. All future communications with me MUST be done in writing and sent to the address noted in this letter by USPS.

It would be advisable that you assure that your records are in order before I am forced to take legal action. This is an attempt to correct your records, any information obtained shall be used for that purpose.

Best Regards,

Your Signature
Your Name

Send it CERTIFIED MAIL

Whatever you do - DO NOT answer the phone from a debt collector, if you engage in a debt collector on the phone - simply state - clearly and politely -

“Thank you for the call - this call is being recorded for quality control purposes - this is not a refusal to pay - a debt Validation letter will be sent, thank you.”

Then hang up.

Paypal CANNOT collect on a “debt” because it is NOT a debt, Paypal is a transfer service, not a bank, not a loan institution, you did not take or borrow money from them. If they choose to pull funds from your account, they actually owe you. The only thing you owe paypal is their transfer fee, NOTHING MORE.

Once you send out that debt validation letter (which by the way also has a Cease & Desist clause it in to shutdown the collection agency) you will most likely never hear form them again.

If they try and pull a Supeano trick on you, you just won $1,000 - read:

state.in.us/judiciary/opinions/archive/03260101.ewn.html

Debt collectors can NOT make summary judgments, its ILLEGAL and they have violated the Fair Debt Collections Act and they now owe you $1,000

If after your send the Debt validation letter - they post negative postings on the 3 credit reporting agencies, they now owe you $3,000

Last edited by Milk; 01-10-2009 at 12:12 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milk For This Useful Post:
Brainbuster (05-29-2015), Snagga (01-26-2009)
Old 01-08-2009
Executive [VIP]

^^Great find
Old 01-26-2009

Now where did i put that stupid letter from collections.....
Old 01-28-2009

Send a message via AIM to SevnSins Send a message via MSN to SevnSins Send a message via Yahoo to SevnSins
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebay-sucks View Post
Folks, you have to understand that ebay can collect or try to collect fees, but they have to follow the FDCRA to do so.
Ebay will not collect it, they will send a collection agency after you.
Now, the poster who said they sent you a letter, you have 30 days to answer that letter, if you dont it is considered valid and can be collected and placed on your credit file.
If you send them a letter asking for validation of the alleged debt, most collection agencies cannot legally validate it and go away.
Remember it is their burden of proof that you owe it, it is in no way your burden to prove you dont.
They will send you what is called a dunning letter trying to scare you into paying, 99% of all collection agencies send it hoping you do not know the laws and get scared and pay them.
Fight back with knowledge of collection laws, they cannot stand it !
This is my first time seeing this thread, but I figured I would add to this segment...

I have a real estate friend that has broken down my credit report to the finest detail. If you pull your report, most people will see many things that don't appear correct (incorrect names, addresses, phone #'s, accounts, etc.).

For example: I had known addresses that I never lived at on my report, and some accounts that I never had as well. These "unknown" items can be removed by going to the 3 different bureus, and explaining to them they are not yours. Since FeeBay will only be able to validate general info (no SS#), the credit people will remove the item from your report.

If someone has your name & address, they can make an account with your info... LMAO! This doesn't mean that it was your account.

I have opened several accounts, and left them with fees due. I'm sure the residence of the addresses I've used were pretty shocked to get an invoice for someone who never lived there.

Just saw that this was covered further down the thread, sorry for the repeat.

Last edited by SevnSins; 01-28-2009 at 04:43 PM.
Old 02-12-2009

Any of you knowledgeable people want to add your two cents here?
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...s-account.html
Old 02-14-2009

Longevity: 88%

usually how long will it take for EBay to start pestering you? Phone calls and etc.